RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Linguistic Expressions
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-06, 07:43 AM   #1
DQ
Odi et Amo

The Words - Week 2

IP: ADF9 F4E9

There were initially 6 battles set up but we sadly saw two contestants no-showing.

DesperadoNYC aka Mr. Jae Stackz mysteriously disappeared...too bad actually because he could've done very good in this league.

The second no-show was rather amusing in fact because before the deadline Dabatos was certain his opponent would no-show. To his surprise, Tito dropped a track and Mr. Dabatos himself had to no-show...

This left us with 4 battles:

1. Enygma (2) vs. mind_immortal (1)

A close battle right here. We had two very different tracks: on one side we had the more thought-out track by Enygma (Get Your Hopes Up). On the other side, we had another pyschedelic drop by mind_immortal: Intelligent Monkeys. The votes all voiced that it was a tough decision: Tito even voted "draw". But in the end, it was Enygma that pulled it off with a more emotionally interesting song whereas MI had a funky, enjoyable track.

2. Willa (2) vs. The Revelation (0)

Was almost a KO right here but there was one vote missing. This was a one-sided battle because Rev dropped a rushed track so as not to no-show (Rev's Track). He didn't really stand a change against Willa. She dropped a pretty solid track, her flow was on point as usual. It seemed to be a diss track but I can see what she had in mind, go ahead and answer her question: "Are You Hip Hop?"

3. Çhö-каhй Miшaйg (1) vs. Jay 286 (2)

Onnnnnnnnn the left, we have Mr Çhö-каhй Miшaйg with his track Translucent Conspiracies and on the rrrrrrrright we got the one and only Jayyyyy 286 with his song DO. The first contestant (Cho) dropped another creative, deep and at the same time quite strange track that was very enjoyable to listen to because of this emcee's style and flow. But Mr. Jay took the win with a "come on girl, shake that ass" kind of drop that made this mod wiggle that booty. Props to both of you!

4. TitoBronsky (3) vs. DQ (0) - the alternate match

Both contestants in this battle had an opponent no-showing so they were put together in an alternate match. Tito dropped a really hot track called Hip Hop and I must admit he was outta my league this week hehe. He had a nice concept, worked it out nicely as well, his flow was on point throughout the entire track which wasn't the case with my track (Unbreakable . Deserved the KO loss with this one haha, good job Tito. Keep it up man!

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Last edited by DQ : 05-07-06 at 12:06 PM.
Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ