RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-06, 12:55 PM   #1
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
About this whole 'Prophet Muhammed cartoon' Thing..

IP: B1A5 868C

I think people are blowing the whole thing way out of proportion, I mean how many jesus jokes are there? and pope jokes? Never mind cartoons of them.

People have died at the pakistani protests, and buildings have been burnt down.

Over ONE cartoon. Its fuckin crazy.

Thoughts?

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-06, 01:01 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

Yeah.. Couldnt agree more...

There was absolutly no need to any form of retaliation on this type of scale towards a cartoon..

But the problem is, that Islam is being singled out and hated on a LOT latly... And so they get jumpy even at the slightest little mention because they feel their gonna have to defend themselves due to the western worlds ignorance and lack of understanding towards their religion...

Everyone thinks their all a bunch of AK weilding terrorists and the media perpetuates this image of them nearly on a constant basis especially since 9/11.......

At the end of the day, I understand where their comming from... Because its really not cool to have to just turn the other cheek all the time and just accept people making fun of you or what you stand for... But they also need to find a better way to come back at people than turning to violence and hatred........
Old 02-18-06, 04:20 PM   #3
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: E863 ACED

Like any other issue, this one is no exception and must be looked at in-depth...like always, try putting yourself in the shoes of another person...namely a person that may have been affected by all this...

Firstly, you should know that the same Danish paper refused to publish similar cartoons depicting Jesus in an 'offensive way' on the basis they 'could be offensive to readers'...this is not only racist of them to then publish cartoons of Muhammad, but it is also hypocrtitical....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internati...1703501,00.html

I will give my thoughts on the response, but the mistake you (distilled) made is that you think all this has happened SIMPLY because of the cartoons, or at least that is what you implied...

These cartoons in my opinion were not freedom of speech, but freedom of hate. The Danish paper would have known exactly the kind of respond they would receive to these cartoons, yet they were published regardless...they knew that not even Muslims are allowed to create pictures of Muhammad, never mind non-Muslims depicting pictures that are 'offensive'....

Knowing that current hostility between Muslims and the West, why on earth would you publish these unless you intentionally 'wanted' to incite anger as a primary or at least secondary reason?

This response is not just because of the cartoons, but it is years of frustration expressed towards the West due to the way Muslims are treated in the world, especially by the West...this instance acted as a trigger to protest and release this anger...I agree with Nostradamus

The reaction that has occured as a result, is in my opinion however, neccessary. Personally, I have not reacted at all but I do not condemn, nor disagree with the burning of these embassies or boycotting of goods... Because if Muslims did nothing as such, as so many Western people who are NOT a minority in this case and are NOT offended by these pictures claim, then rest assured this case would die down, be forgotten just like any other injustice towards Muslims especially....

The embassies burned because of anger towards the west generally...to claim they were merely over the cartoon would be misunderstanding the context of the response...this is a response to how Muslims are treated generally...and Muslims wanted to show how they feel...so

Do you blame them resorting to violence to express this anger?
Old 02-19-06, 05:13 PM   #4
Paper View
Motivation=Money

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 4459 3A56

Nos you hit the nail on the head with that... Its a cartoon but yea it builds alot off tension especially during this time... Its like that kid who gets wedgies everyday andd then decides to go Columbine on the school

DRAINED EMOTIONS

MY CONFESSION

^PEEP AND I'LL RTF^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Dolla
*tears up* You bastard you unlocked some of my deepest feelings with this OM. But on the real thats real. I was really feeling this OM cuz i can relate to it.

^^^My OM is that dope^^^
Old 02-22-06, 06:50 PM   #5
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
IP: A1F4 7B78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicKnife
Like any other issue, this one is no exception and must be looked at in-depth...like always, try putting yourself in the shoes of another person...namely a person that may have been affected by all this...

Firstly, you should know that the same Danish paper refused to publish similar cartoons depicting Jesus in an 'offensive way' on the basis they 'could be offensive to readers'...this is not only racist of them to then publish cartoons of Muhammad, but it is also hypocrtitical....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internati...1703501,00.html

I will give my thoughts on the response, but the mistake you (distilled) made is that you think all this has happened SIMPLY because of the cartoons, or at least that is what you implied...

These cartoons in my opinion were not freedom of speech, but freedom of hate. The Danish paper would have known exactly the kind of respond they would receive to these cartoons, yet they were published regardless...they knew that not even Muslims are allowed to create pictures of Muhammad, never mind non-Muslims depicting pictures that are 'offensive'....

Knowing that current hostility between Muslims and the West, why on earth would you publish these unless you intentionally 'wanted' to incite anger as a primary or at least secondary reason?

This response is not just because of the cartoons, but it is years of frustration expressed towards the West due to the way Muslims are treated in the world, especially by the West...this instance acted as a trigger to protest and release this anger...I agree with Nostradamus

The reaction that has occured as a result, is in my opinion however, neccessary. Personally, I have not reacted at all but I do not condemn, nor disagree with the burning of these embassies or boycotting of goods... Because if Muslims did nothing as such, as so many Western people who are NOT a minority in this case and are NOT offended by these pictures claim, then rest assured this case would die down, be forgotten just like any other injustice towards Muslims especially....

The embassies burned because of anger towards the west generally...to claim they were merely over the cartoon would be misunderstanding the context of the response...this is a response to how Muslims are treated generally...and Muslims wanted to show how they feel...so

Do you blame them resorting to violence to express this anger?

Well that's actually a very good point. I havnt read into it as much as you, just what i'v seen o the news, in papers etc. But thinking about that now after reading your post, that may well be quite a biased view.

Still, To incite these riots over religious views is quite crazy to me, I mean people have made jokes about religions for a LONG time, maninly christianity.

haha, actually, thinking now, I totally agree with you. But still, burning down buildings and having riots so violent that children die is still extreme in my eyes, no matter what the reason.

I guess that was my main point here.

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote