RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-06, 06:04 PM   #46
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: A149 A6F9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid_Sense
bleh..lol nice though Apexx...

Ill go ahead and do this..even though my quality might be a bad factor..

First Real Track - Shorty -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3878532

Dear Lord -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4100635

Dkon Diss -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4087886

'Pexx you need to send me some new equipment :P

Sense, damn man, your quality sounds like a slice of ass-cake. That alone makes your marketability a goose egg since no consumer at any level wants to listen to poor quality music, no matter HOW good it is. It's a shame too since your voice has a harmony that that steaming shit log of a mic just can't capture. It backfires on you too because you can't groom the good habits that a voice like yours calls for. Your topics are nice man nice array, something for everybody, that's big. Your track "Dear Lord" is probbly the most entertaining "I'm down with god" track I've listenend to, mostly in how you approached it. Should have let ther instrumental ride out some more, the melody after a track like that makes a great runway for peoples thoughts about wht you said since anyone listening will reflect on their own experiences.

EQing helps any situation, so i suggest you read up on it (thread in this forum) and apply what's within to bring your stuff up. On that DKon diss, you sounded like you wrote it in a rush because it wasn't as fluid as the other tracks I heard. That applies for the delivery and for the flow, in some parts you mumble, and in others, it sounds like you're a victim of your own poor sylable conservation - factors that weren't prevelant on the other submissions. Don't drop your standards man, it always comes back to bite you.

Learn to EQ - and then apply it, then get a new mic, and you'll be sitting on a launch pad fueled by your lyrics and inate sense of creativity.

Pexx

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 06:06 PM   #47
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Enyg
Bmaj
Cal'lam
DV
Ike (as IBM)
Daubs

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 06:20 PM   #48
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: FB2D CD1F

Woo Hoo.....I'm Next
Old 07-09-06, 08:00 PM   #49
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 42C3 2EB8

Lol, in a way it was one big compliment, and one big "Buy some more shit you poor bitch" lmao...but really thanks man...im workin on gettin some stuff sold, gettin a job, etc. and tryna get that equipment.. lol ...now im gettin older i can finally get a job..lmao... and im still tryna get the eqin' down..im just illiterate to it..

Thanks for it though...really helped..
Old 07-09-06, 11:36 PM   #50
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: E36B 6FE3

^^ Your avy is dope as Christ himself.

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 12:56 AM   #51
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Lol, in a way it was one big compliment, and one big "Buy some more shit you poor bitch" lmao...but really thanks man...im workin on gettin some stuff sold, gettin a job, etc. and tryna get that equipment.. lol ...now im gettin older i can finally get a job..lmao... and im still tryna get the eqin' down..im just illiterate to it..

Thanks for it though...really helped..

How come the first thing you went off on was buying gear?

the first thing you shoudl be doing is learning how to EQ. Depending on your skills, you might not need to buy jack shit.

Have you read this: http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=224725

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-10-06, 01:48 AM   #52
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 00FB C490

yea i read it.. and sitll cant do it..and the reason i said that about the equipment first is cuz i been lookin in to and saving money to buy equipment already..
Old 07-10-06, 01:47 PM   #53
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
yea i read it.. and sitll cant do it..and the reason i said that about the equipment first is cuz i been lookin in to and saving money to buy equipment already..

hhmm...so lemme ask you, what made it difficult to apply? I mean, if I can make it clearer and improve it, hey man, I'm always open to that. To keep this thread on topic, hit me in a PM.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-12-06, 04:27 AM   #54
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: C3E1 F82A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
(I peeped the verse previews)

Leady, You'reEQ your mids and high up and your fice will light up when you hear the difference and the clarity in your voice. A well rounded emcee overall, you have variety and spontainety in your lyrics and in your flow. Your beat choices definitly echo the roots of Hip Hop as does your style. You got some punches that'll add light to your verses make listeners chuckle and smile.

The only thing I'd say is that your songs (the ones submitted) all have similar topics, b-boy type braggodocio topics. I mean, you're Leady the Hip Hop Junkie!! That's expected hahaha, and a wide array of topics would make you like...well..sorta like a white KRS. Some collabs with concept artists would blow you up in a big way and make their fans your fans. Marketability is proportionate to the markets you can reach. I tell you this because I know you have the knowledge, the ability, and the platform to apply it.

That's really it man, pick up those mids and highs at tad, and flex your mind muscle on different types of tracks, maybe a few abstract ones and you'd be a top shelf underground artist.

thanks man, thats really appreciated yeh as of late im switching up my topics n shit, n im now getting the producers of the beats to mix and edit my vocals with the beat properly to create that crisp sound n shit like that, so watch for sum new material with sum crisp production and more variation of topic.

thanks again man, its nice to see sum1 actually understand my style and what im trying to do and exactly where it gets the inspiration from.
Old 07-14-06, 01:47 AM   #55
L.E
L.E

IP: 6022 FE6A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Ennui. You have skill on the mic and your voice carries conviction with it. When people hear you, it's easy to listen because you sound passionate about what you're talking about. EQ your mids up a little to lift your voice off the beats some. Your rhymescheme is extra basic, usually 1-2 syls, and you add insult to injury with more than a few bar-couplets that don't lock, or flat out dont rhyme at all. Things like that, concious errors, erode the impression of your music. Some multis would be nice every once in a blue, just to breathe some variety into the tracks. I see you came a lonnnnnggg way since our last discussion about writing to fit your flow. Apparantly you do this at will, because on that shining armor track you made sure all the shit was on point and plainly put more attention into it than the others I listened to.

Your topics mostly consist of pseudo-emotional topics and songs which is great in small doses, not as a mainstay. People get tired of hearing others stack up their problems, it eventually interprets to "complaining". You can write to seemingly any topic, just something in the packaging. Where are your happy songs, don't you ever have good emotions you want to talk about? Lets hear about em! You have your own style, you just need to branch it out waaayy more man.

You're good at telling stories, and stories require long attention spans. Unfortunately for you, your peers (who are your target audience) have short attention spans. That inherently will make you less marketable. Make those types of tracks way fewer and way more far between. People want music that's easy to listen to as well, music where thy don't always have to give intense focus on what you're saying, they can just "hear" it and vibe to it too if they want. weave some tracks like this into your catalog and you'll see people who were luke-warm on your music will grow to like it, and those that 'liked' your music will grow to 'love' it. It makes you more well rounded, and also lets your tracks be heard in yet another frame of mind. And that = good.

- A

Thanks alot man...really appreciate it. Props on this.

And I will work on the things you said.

Old 07-19-06, 12:49 AM   #56
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
IP: 089B 8756

*cough* lol.

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 07-19-06, 03:44 AM   #57
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP: 7A32 88DD

^lol chea, I'll see you beeches tomorrow with this lol

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-19-06, 04:31 AM   #58
Key...
You Love My Style.

Text Record: 19-2
Audio Record: 11-2
IP: E7B1 2106

Haw Chooooooooooooooooo

ayo A peck...what the delio...rate the brotha..lol

www.soundclick.com/keyrogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Theresa
"Hi Key, You The Only Guy Who Took My Virginity."

Authentik Intelligence
O. Y. D.

Old 07-19-06, 06:40 PM   #59
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
1. Fuckin Wit Chu
2. Hip Hop Police
3. Almighty OYD

www.myspace.com/enygmasmusic

Word......

Enyg, you rush shit in your flow at times it's always a loose sylable here and there that make your flow sound stuffed together and othe times it's just gaps like you don't flow all the way to the end of the bar so it doesn't "lock" which makes you sound unpolished. Easily corrected with word conservation. You remind me of Megala of Cannibal Ox in some regards. Your flow is consistent but also redundant at times since your spit tempo is the same on pretty much everything cept on that "almight oyd" track it sounded like you put something different into it to match everyone elses tempo. Who ever did the hook on that song was way off beat, speaking beyond the bar end and the reverb made it sound worse. Actually, now that I listen to you on the second hook, its' the beat that comes back in too soon, it should have stlled for a little bit longer. You went back to your typical flow by the time the second verse started.

I'd say all in all you sound like a "close" emcee, as in you're closed to a finished product but the shortcomings that you hear in your self i also hear. It's mostly in flow like talking at one pace then rushing a part of a sentence to get more sylables in, thne going back to the normal tempo agian all in the same sentence is a no-no. Iron that out and I think you'd be pretty well off. Your beat choices are slow tempo usually more abstract underground type of sound which some people aboslutely love and other people couldn't care less for, so be mindfull of that.

And that's pretty much it.

Uno

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-19-06, 06:54 PM   #60
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaginaCrusher
www.soundclick.com/blackmagikproductionz

a Goodnight's Sleep
Here To Stay
The Truth

Thanks

Black Magic, that track "a good nights sleep" sounds like it was spit or recorded completely off beat. Your rhymescheme had change-ups that weren't anywhere near on synch with the bar start and ends in the first verse. Tightenend back up in the second verse though still wasn't what I was used to from you. And don't slack on the rhyme scheme man, you sound like you gave up on making some bar couplets rhyme 100% and just plugged in a word that ..ehh...sounded kinda similar but not enough to say it rhymes, which in 2006 equates to not rhyming at all. I can tell you had a hard time on this cuz the bpm isn't what you're normally on, and the flow you usually use sounds stretched and too segmented on a beat like this, so you fill the gaps with extra syls and it sounds like lumpy oatmeal. Your vocal quality is really good. That "here to stay" was more like it haha, I'm not sliding to sleep no more. ok,feels like now the review starts. You already know I think you can produce your beats have variety and a sounds that's marketable if you actually market it. Sounds liek you half-assed the transition to the hooks on that "the truth" and the reverb on your vese was waaaaayyyyyy too long and too bright.

That's all I can say for now, I really think you should have submitted 3 different songs or at least tracks where you spit longer than 1 verse. I'll have to catch back up to you on the IBM review, 1

`Pexx

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.