RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-06, 02:38 AM   #1
Mc Wicked
Flyweight

Ludacris Presents D.T.P

IP: 4B18 4765

On this CD Luda is bringing out his lable mates and some of them are real nice and some of them should just quit rap
This CD was kind of a let down the songs that where good where really good and the songs that sucked really sucked.

1.Intro- u cant really rate this track its just luda talking for a bit before the shit starts

2.Georgia-Ludacris & Field Mob f/ Jamie Fox- Im shure everyone has heard this track by now but this track was one of the better songs on the album. I personally think the Georgia part gets annoying but other than that this song is nice. Smoke from Field Mob ripped on this track and I think hes got the best verse on the song. Lyrics are nice and its a real catchy song but I dont think it should of been the single of the album 8/10

3.Put ur Hand Up-Norfclk- this song isnt that bad not really feelin Norfclk tho. The song has an original concept about how can the group all be from the same place outta everybody in the USA. The hook isnt really catchy at all but the came thru on the lyrics. 6/10

4.Word on the street skit- this is just a clip from a radio show down in Atlanta. its just the radio personality uppin up the song "gettin some". The girl talkin also makes fun of Chingy for being stupid

5.Gettin Some-Shawnna- This is one of the better songs on the album. The hook comes from a sample of Too Shorts song tittled "Blowjob Betty". This song gets stuck in ur head real fast and Shawnna is the best female rapper ive heard in a long while. Shes got real nice flow the only part of the song I wasnt feelin was her last verse and she trys to do a Ludacris type flow. 9/10

6.Come See Me-Smoke f/Stat Quo- This track wasnt all that bad. I am a big fan of Stat Quo but I think this is the worst verse ive heard him do for someone. The song is about Smoke being a big drug dealler and he can get u anything u need. The only reason I dont like this song is cause the drug dealer shit isnt original and he went to hard with it on this track. 7/10

7.Break a Nigga Off-Lil Fate f/ Rich Boy & Gangsta Boo- This is one of the worse tracks on the album. Lil Fate is one of my favorite members of DTP but this song is just plain annoying. The hook is whack as fuck lyrics aint nothin the only light on this track is when Gangsta Boo does her verse. 3/10

8.Skit- This is just another skit Luda does in the album. To be honast I dont understand what the fuck he was talking about

9.I'll be Around-Shareefa- Alot of u would probably like this track but it just dont do anything for me. Shareefa has a uniqe voice and style of how she sings. I liked the begining but she sings the same way thru the whole song. After a while it gets on my nerves. 6/10

10.Sweet Revenge-Ludacris- This is the only song on the album that Luda does by himself. Its definently not one of his best song but its ammusing. Luda is palying a pimp and he is helping girls get back at there boyfriends by sleeping with them. The hook and lyrics are nice and the song concept is original 8/10

11.DTP for life-Ludacris f/I-20 & Lil Fate- on this track everybody comes hard with lyrics but they could of done more with the hook cause its kinda plain. I like this track but its not one of my favorites 7/10

12.2 miles an hour(remix)-Ludacris f/Playaz Circle- Anybody thats heard "The Red Light District" nows this song. I never liked this song and the remix isnt any better. Its the same beat and everything same verse from lud. The only difference is he brought Playaz Circle in it. 5/10

13.Table Dance-Bobby Valentino f/Smoke & Lil Fate- I absolutly hate this track. Its an R&B type track and Ive only heard it once . I allways skipp over this song 2/10

14.Thats My Shit- Ludacris f/ Field Mob, Playaz Circle, & Perfect Harmony- I really like this song. Its pretty much any song luda does on this CD is good. The hook is really nice I wish I would of thought of it. Some of the other people on this track had some whack ass verses but Luda came thru. 8/10

15.You Aint Gotta Enough-Playaz Circle & I-20- This was an ok track but nothin to good. Its nice to listen to but it will get old real fast. I dont really like Playaz Circle but I-20 did a nice job on this track. The hook gets kinda played out after awhile 7/10

16. Family Affair-Ludacris f/Shareefa, Lil Fate, Playaz Circle, Norfclk, Field Mob & I-20- This is my favorite cut of the album. Most everybody from DTP was on here and they all came hard on this track. When I listen to this album I allways start off with this song 9.5/10

**BONUS TRACK**
17. Blood in the Air- Lazyeye f/ Shawn Jay & Small World- This is another track I cant stand. Lazyeye is a Rock 'n' Roll group from DTP and I really dont like em. 1/10

Overall I wouldnt recamend buying this album because I was let down. I cant wait for Luda to release his next CD. This is just cool to help pass the time
Old 01-10-06, 04:55 PM   #2
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 7806 7A3F

prett good review, mmm i prefer ludacris's solo albums than things like this exepted for chicken n beer, that was the worst cd i ever baught in my life, fuck its wacl
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 11:04 PM   #3
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 7171 290E

must not like that southern sound ...cuz some of tha good shit u rated wit like 2s n 5s n shit...i guess its YOUR OPINION...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 12:04 AM   #4
Mc Wicked
Flyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rap Mozart
prett good review, mmm i prefer ludacris's solo albums than things like this exepted for chicken n beer, that was the worst cd i ever baught in my life, fuck its wacl

dam dawg chicken n beer is my favorite CD by him.

I will say it has the worst songs on it tho.. If that makes any sence
Old 01-11-06, 08:27 AM   #5
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: BB77 E4BA

table dance aint THAT bad... just my opinion though..............gud review newayz
Old 01-11-06, 02:09 PM   #6
Mc Wicked
Flyweight

yeh I guess its a good song for the type of song that it is.. I just dont like that type of music
Old 01-11-06, 08:50 PM   #7
Rapper
New to RV

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 28CF 64E2

Georgia is the best song on the album