RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-05, 09:52 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Jamie Foxx-Unpredictable

IP: FA93 92D1

Jamie Foxx-Unpredictable

1. Unpredictable ft Ludacris- I know everybody heard this track. This is the second single and the feature song of this "Unpredictable" album by Jamie Foxx. It features Ludacris, and I think this song is smooth. Strictly for the ladies, just like the rest of the tracks on this album. I liked Jamie's vocals on this track. They went well with the beat and Ludacris put the cherry on the top with his verse. He sealed the deal. Ludacris spit a great verse, that ended out the track. I rate this track 10/10. Could'nt have been any better to me.

2. Warm Bed- I swear this song sounds kinda some Ying Yang Twins shit. I know Jermain Dupri made the beat. The intro is crazy, you would think Ying Yang Twins is on it. But, this is a nice track. I like the vocals on this track. I like the beat. Nice song. Not too much to say about it. Don't sleep on this track. I give this one a 8/10

3. DJ Play a Love Song - Jamie Foxx, Twista- This song is nice. I'm really feeling it. Jamie Foxx had nice vocals on this one. Funny part of this song, Jamie called hisself a "G" in the chorus. lol. Nah, Jamie played this song out great through his vocals and his lyrics. Nice smooth slow song. Just like the title, it's a Ladies Love song. Twista had a nice verse. Went well with the song. I couldn't think of anybody who would've did this song better than Twista and Jamie Foxx. Not too much to say about this track. Nice slow song. 8/10

4. With You - Jamie Foxx, Game, Snoop Dogg- This beat is thumpin. I really like this beat. Snoop started the track out with a blazing verse that was actually tight. And for the first time he didn't spell out his name on this one. lmao. But, this is a nice track. Blazin beat. Nice lyrics. But, vocals from Jamie wasn't all that great. I just think this beat was too much "Rap" type more than "RnB", so Jamie Foxx didn't do too good on this one. I don't think he can adapt that well with beats, but this is still a nice track. I'm still feeling it. One thing about this track, is the un-needed introduction before The Game rapped his verse. It couldve been left out, but The Game had a nice verse. Both these "Thugs" showed the industry that they can get they "Grown Man" on, and drop a track together for the ladies. Ight track, could've been better. Still nice though. I give this one a 6/10

5. Can I Take U Home - Nice bass on this track, but still nice smooth beat. I like the piano playing in the background. This beat sounds kinda like a slow Timbaland beat a little. But, this is a nice track. Nice vocals on here. Doesn't even sound like Jamie Foxx. I like the chorus, and the verses on here are nice. Nice smooth "Rnb" track. Not too much to say about this track. Ladies shit, but I like this track. I give this one a 8/10

6. Love Changes - Mary J. Blige, Jamie Foxx- Best song on the album so far, other than "Unpredictable" .Next year is gonna be Mary J Blige year, watch! She tryna do it big again. This is a nice, mid-tempo RnB song. A nice duet by both of them. Nice vocals. I give this track a 9/10

7. Extravaganza - Jamie Foxx, Kanye West- I'm sure everyone heard this track. This is the first single off this album. Wayy different vocals from Jamie Foxx, but still a nice track. Tha reason why it was the first single. This is a nice story telling track, and I think Jamie made this song come alive in this track. Kanye also had a tight ass verse. Nice production by Kanye. But, this track sounds a lot like some Common type shit. He probably should've been on it too. I give this track a 8/10

8. Three Letter Word- For some reason this song takes a while to get started. I don't know what Jamie was talking about on this track. Nice vocals though, but I aint feeling this track that much. Maybe if I listen to it a little more, but as of right now, I aint feeling this track that much. I give this one a 4/10. Something about this one that I aint feeling. 4/10

9. Get This Money- Nice beat. Smooth. A real nice track after a not so good track. Nice vocals. Feeling this track. 9/10

10. VIP- This beat is ight. Not all that. Could've been better. Nice lyrics though. Nice vocals as well. Nice track. Feeling it. Terrible place to put it in the album if you ask me. Slow song, then moves into a faster song. Not good organizing, but track wise, I would give this track a 7, because he did his thing on this one. 7/10

11. Do What It Do-- I'm really liking this track right here. Smooth shit again. Nice beat. And I like how Jamie's vocals changed to go well with the song. And even though this beat is smooth, you can still kinda bounce to it. This is probably my favorite track on the Album. I think this track is flawless. Maybe his next single. I heard Jamie talking about this one on 106 and Park. He even sung it live. Lyrics on this track are great. 10/10 for this one.

12. Storm (Forecass) - Crazy intro on this track. Makes you wonder what the song is gonna be about. Nice vocals. I like the lyrics, and tha beat is real nice. Jamie makes this song sound like some Boyz2men song. Not that much of a lady song, but it still is. just a random song if you ask me. Some sex shit again. But, this is a good track. I rate this one 9/10

13. U Still Got It (Interlude) - Common, Jamie Foxx - I'm feeling this song. Letting the unsecure ladies know that they still got it. Making them feel good about themselves. Nice vocals by Jamie Foxx. I just like how none of these tracks sound the same. Common had a tight verse. Probably the best rap verse on this album. So much meaning to it. I liked the beat on this track. I give this track a 8/10. Pretty descent.

14. Heaven- This is a nice track. Not single material, but fits well into the album. Nice vocals, nice delivery. Not too much to say abou this track. I'm feeling it though. I give this track a 7/10

15. Wish U Were Here- That piano intro sounds like a church song a little bit. Nice beat though, nice slow tempo to it. Smooth feeling. Nice vocals again. Doesn't really sound like Jamie Foxx though. I liked his delivery and appropriate energy on this track. This is definately a good song that shouldn't be left out when talking about this album. I give this track a 9/10

Overall, I give this album as a whole, a 8/10. Real smooth, nice R'N'B album. Alot of great tracks, with good vocals. Jamie Foxx is a excelent singer. [no homo ], but this guy could blow! I recommend this album, and I'm definately gonna go buy this, just to show my congratulations on a great album. Give back to Jamie for all his hard work. I'll be waiting on the next album, in the meantime...Go cop this ish!!!
Old 01-12-06, 01:13 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 20F9 4AAC

I'm buying this today. Good reveiw.
Old 01-12-06, 01:17 PM   #3
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 3053 F660

i bought this....

and honestly...i thought it was complete ass...

but i love the song Heaven.....shit is dope..
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-06, 01:25 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 20F9 4AAC

^ you aint real g
Old 02-09-06, 06:04 AM   #5
AITZ
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-14
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4E07 D7A7

the cds dope, i dl'd it n then went and brought it...nice review as well

Urban Expression ayo...we need ppl come and check it out

Can You Do Us A Favour And Vote

(2)Ikaros vs Aitz(0)
I Will RTF
Send a message via AIM to AITZ Send a message via MSN to AITZ   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-06, 02:51 AM   #6
Sik Wit It

IP: EB37 FE1E

Bout to get this cd.
Old 02-19-06, 09:57 PM   #7
Eastsyde
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: D3CA A17D

i really liked this album....better than what i thought it was gonna be
Send a message via AIM to Eastsyde   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 02:38 PM   #8
BabyCapone
The Games Prodigy

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 443E 3BBA

This album was poo dirty they shouldve just let out just a single or put it on Ludachris's last DTP album " Which i thought was a flop " waste of my got damn paper
Send a message via AIM to BabyCapone Send a message via Yahoo to BabyCapone   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 09:27 PM   #9
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

personally I think Jamie Foxx is a great singer, but he could've done way better than an album full of songs about sex...he's a deeper individual than that so his content should've reflected that more...and all the beats sound different but it's like the entire album was in the same key cuz he didn't stretch much vocally...

if more of the songs were a mix between stuff like "I Wish U Were Here" and deeper love songs like "U Still Got It" and "Love Changes" then it would've been felt by more people, but of course it's still a tyte album...he's a good singer, but this CD didn't reflect much of his actual vocal ability...he sounds better singing LIVE than on the CD to me

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote