RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-05, 03:15 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Tha Carter- Lil Wayne

IP: AE8A A5AF

Lil Wayne
Cash Money Records/ Young Money Ent./ Universal Records

Got bored, so I guess I do another one. This CD has been slept on!

1. Walk In -Weezy starts tha album off with a fiya ass song. No hook, just straight rap where he introduces you to the album, and takes you through his building called "Tha Carter". His flow was gangsta on this song, and his lyrics were creatively put together. Starts the album off with a nice song that gets the listeners attention and lets you know how the rest of the album gonna be. I give this track 10/10

2. Go DJ - The second single that came off this album. A Mannie Fresh beat that Wayne just blazes with a nice flow and nice lyrics. It's a Mannie Fresh production, so it has to be fiya. Nice hook and nice concept to this song. I like the energy by Wayne on this song which brings out his delivery and makes the song sound that much better. I give this track 9/10

3. This Is the Carter - Mannie Fresh, Lil Wayne - 2 Mannie Fresh productions in a row, can't go wrong with that. Lil Wayne blazes an uptempo beat with a different style from the last song and a different type of flow. I think this should've also been a single, but didn't quite make it. Tight creative song and tight lyrics to go with it. Nice energy and good delivery. I give this track a 8/10

4. BM J.R. - Weezy gets on his gangsta shit to let tha people know that he aint playing around. This is one of my favorite tracks on the album. No hook, just like the first song, but a complete different flow. Wayne switches up his style on this track, but still makes it blend well with the album. This track also features Birdman, but he does nothing but hype Wayne up in between verses. Nice quotes on this track also:

"And niggaz know I go hard to the fullest
Get involved,
And I got em' playin' dodgeball wit bullets."

"Real Shit
I'm duckin' bombs from a drug war
No religion, but da cops swear dat I'ma drug lord"

This track is just blazin fiya. Not too much to say about it, it just couldn't be any better. I give this track 10/10

5. On the Block #1 -What's a CD without a skit. Just random people on tha block talking about random shit. Quick tho, just a lil intermission, then lets you get back to tha album.

6. I Miss My Dawgs - Lil Wayne, Reel - Well, I like Wayne's track organization. 4 blazing uptempo songs that you you hype about the album, then a skit that brings that hypeness down just a little bit, then a slow tempo song. On this track Wayne spits some real shit. Talking about his old crew, "The HotBoyz" and how he still misses them and no time for frontin, but them his dawgs. First verse is dedicated to BG. 2nd verse is dedicated to Juvenile, and third verse is dedicated to Turk. Tha 3 original HotBoyz that Wayne rolled with. This song is deep and I like how Wayne brought out his emotions and made this song come alive. I like how he didn't have too much energy, but just the right amount of energy. Reel is on the hook singing and this song just goes well with the album. I give this track 9/10

7. We Don't - Baby "The Birdman", Lil Wayne - Tha hook on this track damn near brings out the whole song. I like the beat. It's tight, im feeling it and it brings out the song. Tha lyrics on this track were nice, Birdman and Wayne came through with a nice collabo to let people know that they don't give a damn about what people think about them, they gonna keep doing them. I like this track. Feelin it, and this is one of those tracks where the hook brings out the song. I give this track a 7/10

8. On My Own - Lil Wayne, Reel - This is song is crazy because of the beat. Tha beat is like something I never heard before. Snares through the whole song. Not too much Bass. I'm feeling that. Tha lyrics on here is tight also, and Wayne brings in appopriate energy for the track. I give this track a 7/10

9. Tha Heat - This is an ight track. "Tha heater burner bruises on my hip this year" Wayne gets on his street shit on this one. I like the gun sounds in tha background of the beat. And Wayne spits some tight lyrics to go good with the song. Not that great of a song, but I still like it. Skippable though. I give this track 6/10

10. Cash Money Millionaires - Tha hook on this song aint all that. And because the hook aint all that tha verses weren't all that. I'm still feeling this track because I listen to lyrics not music, and the lyrics were tight, but overall as a song, this track could've been better in my opinion. Not that good of a beat either. Sounds like some old HotBoy shit. I give this track 5/10

11. Inside - Wayne introduced you to his building "Tha Carter", now in the middle of the album, while your inside the building, he takes you through the "2nd floor" of his building. Now he's about to get on a whole new level and change his style up a little bit from the first half of the album. Tha lyrics on this track are tight. Not much to say about it. I give this track a 7/10

12. Bring It Back - Lil Wayne, Mannie Fresh - The first single off this album. Blazing Mannie Fresh beat and coo verses. Not too much to say about this track, nearly everybody heard it. I give this track a 8/10

13. Who Wanna - I'm really feeling this track. Wayne just tells people "who wanna fuck wit him". He's leading tha game right now and aint nobody touchin him, so he proves it in this track. I liked the energy on this track. Tha most energy he gave on the whole album in my opinion. This is a nice track. Nice lyrics and nice flow. I give this track 9/10

14. On the Block #2 -Random people back on the block. What would a CD be without a skit.

15. Get Down - Lil Wayne, Baby "The Birdman" - This song is alright. Not all that. I aint feeling tha hook. Could've been a lot better. But, still nice lyrics and nice delivery. Not too much to say about this track. I give this track a 5/10

16. Snitch - Weezy tells people snitching is not the way to go. Nice track, nice creativity and ntight lyrics. Overall song rating aint all that. Could've been alot better, but it's aight. Not that good of a beat either. I give this track 6/10

17. Hoes - Lil Wayne, Mannie Fresh - "Let's talk about hoes". Mannie fresh, Lil Wayne and Birdman get there shine on in this song. Song is ight. Not all that. Great Mannie Fresh beat. Not great lyrics by Birdman, but ight. Nice lyrics by Wayne, but just an ight song. Not that good of a hook. Could've been better in my opinion. I give this track 6/10

18. Only Way - Baby "The Birdman", Lil Wayne - This beat is too good for this song. Tha beat is nice, but tha song aint all that. Lyrics are tight, and Birdman came through with a nice hook for the track, but overall this track isn't all that. I give this track 6/10

19. Earthquake - Jazze Pha drops a nice beat and a nice production. Nice singing too. This track is stricktly for the ladies. Nice ladies track and some tight lyrics by Lil Wayne. This is a nice collab. 3rd single off the album. I give this track a 9/10

20. Ain't That a Bi**h- Blazing it up with tight lyrics and extra energy than before. Crazy hook, but I like it. Lyrics on this track are some of the best on the whole album. You can tell Weezy was feeling this track, his energy is unexplainable. This track came outta no where, after the ladies song, then he blazes it back up. I'm feeling that.

"My niggas call my Russle Crow for my beautiful mind
and, I let you do the time, I do the crime
when the crowd call my name I bring my crew to tha line"

That's how Weezy rockin. I give this track 9/10

21. Walk Out - Tha end of Tha Carter and Weezy is thanking you for visiting his building and walks you out feeling good. I give this track 8/10

I like the concept for this album. How he takes you through certain parts of his building "Tha Carter" and tells you about them. I like tha skits being his intermission before he changes up his style and blazes you with another track. I like the organization and production on this album. Every came together great and I give this album as a whole 8/10
Old 01-01-06, 01:46 AM   #2
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 7171 290E

this CD has not been slept on, everyone knew it was cold, thas why everyone got TC2

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-06, 04:08 AM   #3
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 7320 A7AA

^I don't know what you tryna do, but that Mayonnaise/Miracle Whips line in ur sig isn't yours buddy. That is Kanye West/ College DropOut/ Track Number 21/ Last Call.

"Killin ya'll niggas on that lyrical shit
Mayonnaise colored Benz I push Miracle Whips"

That's not switchin lines around, its called Bitin.
Old 01-01-06, 05:12 PM   #4
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 7171 290E

lmao thats a fuckin chamillionaire line nigga...tha fuck u on?? i wasnt switching it...wasn't trying to take credit...wasn't doin shit but quoting...if it was mine i wouldnt quote it nigga...dont get booty hurt cuz i said u were wrong thinking TC was slept on...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 03:57 PM   #5
Shawn Phillips
pSa - We Ridin Harder Then Blondes

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0AC8 1559

sick...... 10/10.. wayne is killin shit, he just needs to get with a better label that will get him more publicity

!
My Soundclick
My Myspace

PSA Lets Ride!
Old 01-26-06, 01:36 AM   #6
the omen
tha illest

IP: 0825 899A

lol i thought sum1 in dipset said that line too

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 10:26 AM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Rofl @ that line being bitten by 4 different people. Kanye must be going wtf @ you.
Old 01-27-06, 11:13 AM   #8
Chris Millz
New to RV

Somethin to Prove

IP: 10CE 519B

the boy wayne spit harder than most niggaz that came out after him so give dat nigga some respect
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Millz   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 02:34 PM   #9
BabyCapone
The Games Prodigy

IP: 443E 3BBA

This album was so much better then his second one !
Send a message via AIM to BabyCapone Send a message via Yahoo to BabyCapone   Reply With Quote