RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-06, 03:43 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

E-40- My Ghetto Report Card

IP: FD17 BEA8

Yea, just noticed that I be doing reviews for other albums...I'ma start doing shit for Northern Cali...put you up on tha hype...

But this E-40 album been out for a minute...it's fucking ridiculousy raw!!

01. Yay Area- Yea, this is an intro. Tha beat is fucking ridiculousy raw. Tha best intro I heard in a while. For once, it's not talking. Lyrics are dope, prolly could've been better, cause he fell off on tha third verse. But, he just repping for tha Yay and telling ya'll he's back. Beat By Rick Rock...7/10
"...Heavy-weight, a vet not an amatuer/Loot it up, I push pies like Maries Calendars..."-E-40

02. Tell Me When To Go ft Keak Da Sneak- Yea, tha first single off this album. This is a Lil Jon beat. I know ya'll had to hear this. Just dropping that straight hyphy shit. Basically is telling you about tha hyphy movement. This is tha official "Get Stupid, Go Dumb" song on this album. And this came out in tha west a good 3 months before tha album dropped, and everybody thought it was a Rick Rock beat (beat maker for tha bay) cause it's a hyphy type beat, but Lil Jon made it. Props to lil jon. Keak had an ight verse, if you aint from tha west, you prolly don't know what he saying...but, yo...this shit is raw..9/10
"...Imagine all the Hebrews going dumb/Dancing on top of chariots and turning tight ones.."-E-40

03. Muscle Cars ft Keak Da Sneak & Turf Talk- This beat got so much slap to it. Basically, they telling you about tha kinda whips we be scraping in Northern Cali. If you like cars, most likely you would like this song. Not much to say about it, pretty self explanatory. Lil Jon beat...7/10
"Tha beat blast, monster cable tha speakers bumping/Trunk sound like King Kong and Godzilla back there thumpin..."-E-40

04. Go Hard Or Go Home ft The Federation- If you don't know who the Federation is, they made the first go "HYPHY" song that went mainstream for a minute, but they aint all that good in my opinion. This song isn't all that. I skip this when I listen to it, but it's kinda tight. Federation kinda messed up tha track in my opinion...but it's still coo. It's just too much hyphy shit if you ask me. Rick Rock beat...4/10
"...Sideshows, going nutty, dumb and out/take da wrong turn and get ya roof stomped out..." -E-40

05. Gouda- Gouda means Chulapa, scrilla, scratch, yaper, paper...MONEY!! This beat is so fucking raw!! I like 40's intro..."hustlers are us, my game sharper than an elephants tusk" ...If you don't know bout 40, he makes up hella words and this is another one he recently made. Lyrics on this are tight and creative. Not really too that my hyphy-ness on this track. Rick Rock beat...8/10
"...No mo talking on them cells, I heard tha federels, they went and bought Nextel"...-E-40

06. Sik Wid It II ft Turf Talk-Yea, this beat is raw. This song is even better. On this track he saying he can't be fucked with. He been in this game for a minute. He Sik Wid It. I like how tha beat break down and Turf Talk just starts talking. That's some creative shit. This isn't a hyphy track. Droop-E beat... 8/10
"...These square ass rappers, they get a few bucks, then they...loose contact, get outta touch/ With the streets, we stick to the turf like cleats, off the leash, we thirsty we hungry beast..."-E-40

07. J B Stomp Down (skit)- Just a skit...

08.They Might Be Taping--I think this is tha best beat on tha album. Rick Rock beat. It's ridiculous. In this song, he saying be careful on them phones, cause the feds might be taping. Now you can't even have a private phone conversation these days. I like this overall song. Not skippable. Creative song, creative lyrics... ...7.5/10
"...like the white man I been thinking, tryna come up with a plan, how to spend this dope money, buy some houses and some land..."-E-40

09.Do Ya Head Like This-This is the best song on the album in my opinion...It's got that calm hyphy feel to it. Of course this song makes you bob yo head. Hook not all that, but it gets tha job done. I love this song, I slap this at least 3 times a day. This song also got some of the best lyrics on the album, so it's a win-win. His flow is different, creative. Rick Rock beat...10/10
"...my woofers sub like Quiznos...ask my cousin, he a V Dawg, his car look like robitussin/I'm just me ya'll...I stay up out tha way/ Might set trip, but we don't bang in tha bay..."-E-40

10. Block Boi ft Miko & Streematic of the Federation- This beat is coo. This song is coo. Can't listen to it too much. Lyrics are tight. I like the hook on this one. This is not a skippable track, but it's still decent. Not too much to say about it....6/10
"...One of my youngsters just got popped with a thumper/They tryna watch him, they talking football numbers..."-E-40

11. White Gurl ft. Bum B & Pimp C of UGK and Juelz Santana-Finally, some mainstream rappers...lol...This beat is kinda simple, but still tight. Sounds like some old school beat. Lil Jon on the beat. The song is tight. It's a "crack" song, so of course Juelz is on there...lol..but they don't say crack of course, they say "white gurl" and basically everyone is dropping metaphores about this so called "white gurl"...Nice collabo...Best collabo on the album. Nice lyrics, creative song. Nice beat...8/10
"...and I ain't talking bout Lindsey Lohan, I'm talking bout that sniff, that blow man..."-Juelz Santana
"...momma said I'ma go to jail fucking with that white bitch..."-Bun B
"...I gotta white gurl driving with white gurls in the trunk.."-Pimp C

13.U And Dat ft. T-Pain & Kandi Girl Second single off the album. Nice collabo with T-Pain. I like this song, it's nice...Lyrics are a lil simple I admit, but it gets tha job done. The beat is nice..Lil Jon beat again. Lil Jon did it on this one, one of the best beats he made in a while. This is a club song, for the ladies...Decent song...7/10
"...What you gonna do when I bend the block
Pull up on that ass in a brand new drop
Speakers on blast with tremendous knock
TV's in the dash, rims just won't stop..."-E-40

14. Im Da Man ft. Mike Jones & Al Kapone- I admit, this beat kinda carried tha song. but, it's still a pretty decent song. Ight collabo, but I don't think Mike Jones and E-40 is right on the same track, because Mike Jones be having too much energy. This is another club song...not for the ladies though, for the haterz. Mike Jones did have a nice verse, but I didn't like how he hyped up his next album in the middle of his verse, that was ignorant. And he still yelled out his name, but this song do got tha Houston/Norther California feel to it. That's why I like it. Lil Jon is plain talented. 6/10
"..you married to the ave and still dating, I'm loyal to my soil I dont need no ultimatum..."-E-40

15. Yee ft. Too $hort & Budda- Another Jon beat. Second best beat bu Jon this album. This is just a cold type beat. When you hear it you'll know what I'm talking about. It don't even sound like a Jon beat, til tha background sound come in, but Lil Jon has switched up his style to fit for the westcoast...I like this song alot. Not skippable, so don't skip it. "Yee" is basically a call that we do out in Northern Cali...basically it means, "Hey"...you know, like when you whistle at somebody to get their attention...Out in Northern Caliscrilla we say Yee!!...Too $hort had a coo verse...of course it was kinda simple I admit, but it was still nice..Overall a nice track...8/10
"...my area code grow some of the best weed in the world my ninja we aint no punks/ they say we need to take a bath in tomato juice, cause we always smell like skunk.."-E-40

16.GetTheFuckOn.com Part 2 (skit)- ..just a skit

17. Just Fuckin ft Bosko- I never heard of Bosko, but the nigga kinda sound like Cee-lo...lol...(wierd singing)...Lil Jon beat...of course sounds different from the rest. I like this song. It's kinda smooth, but still hood. In this track he saying, we not friends, we just fuck buddies...for the ladies. I like this song, nice beat...nice creative lyrics and singing on this one....7.5/10
"...we just fuck buddies, I'm just sticking and bone-ing ya, get somewhere with tha dumb shit, stick to the formula.."-E-40

18. Gimme Head ft Al Kapone & Bosko- I like this song, and I especially like how Bosko's voice sound a lot different. That was creative on the production team on that. This is some explicit shit. They saying gimme good head...for the ladies...Funny song kinda...Lil Jon beat...creative beat, creative song...nice lyrics, and nice collab...7/10
"...dont hold back, just do yo job...like it up and down like corn on a cobb..."-E-40

19.She Say She Loves Me ft 8 Ball & Bun B- Once again, Lil Jon is fucking sick. This song got a Memphis/Houston/Bay Area feel to it. The beat is smooth and slow like some Memphis shit, and it got a chopped and screwed feel to it and also got a smooth hype to it....That's fucking creative. Tha song is nice. Nice collab. Basically in this song, they saying she say she love me, but we fight all the time, for the ladies and men. 8 Ball verse wasn't all that, but it gets the job done. I liked how they all stuck to the topic, and didn't fade away to anything else...Bun B had a nice verse...This is a nice creative song, with a creative beat and nice collab...9/10
"...if I asked you to rob that bank for me, would you do it? would you do ya time like Martha Stewart..."-E-40

20.Happy To Be Here ft D.D. Artis- I admit, tha girls voice on this one does get kinda annoying the first few times you listen to it, but it's gunna fade out the more you listen to it. I like this beat. Slow shit. Basically he saying, after all he been through, he's still living, and he's happy to be here...This is prolly the best track on the album, because it has so much meaning to it. He's reminscing bout tha old days and all he been through. This one hits close to the heart. I like the singing on this track, I like the beat, it fits with the song and the lyrics are nice and creative and not too simple at all...10/10
"...No dental plan, no medi-care, we poor like rain
Colored folks think that castor oil cures everythang..."-E-40

Ughhh!! I just had to do it for this album, because it is actually nice. It'll take you a while to get into it, it took me a few weeks...but after listening to it a while you gonna like it. Go buy this for real...give money back for the hard work they did on this one. This album is not all "hyphy" if that's what you thinking. The first half of it might be a little hyphy, but the second half, he settled down and did some shit for ya'll outside of the west. I like the Lil Jon beats on this one. Alot of creativeness...that's what I like. And Rick Rock representing tha yay area did his thang on the beats also. Fa real, go cop this shit, you won't be disappointed..believe me...you'll like at least 16/20 tracks on this. Lyrics aren't simple either...and he does have meaning in his song. He aint just saying anything. But, overall I give this album 7.5/10. E-40 is a legend and he still got it...Go cop this ish, fa real!!

Last edited by M Eazy : 06-09-06 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 03:46 PM   #2
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 3BB6 58E0

do ya head like this beat is so fucking illl woooowwwww shiiitttt
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 04:45 PM   #3
Paper View
Motivation=Money

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A532 3078

7.5!!!!! Not in my opinion..... my opinion 9.8/10 every track is bumpable and sick E FEEZY did it on this one

DRAINED EMOTIONS

MY CONFESSION

^PEEP AND I'LL RTF^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Dolla
*tears up* You bastard you unlocked some of my deepest feelings with this OM. But on the real thats real. I was really feeling this OM cuz i can relate to it.

^^^My OM is that dope^^^
Old 06-14-06, 12:28 AM   #4
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: FD17 BEA8

Just 2? Thats disrespectful...who else feeling this album?

I hope ya'll bought this shit....Westcoast, Northern Caliscrilla...go Donkey land!!

Yee...
Old 06-17-06, 05:59 PM   #5
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

i bought the album.......i think its nice as hell...i like hte intro track......"We be to rap what key be to lock".........that is nice...
Old 06-19-06, 09:22 AM   #6
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 3A9D 1961

Got a link to download it?
Old 06-19-06, 03:57 PM   #7
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 5436 00A0

yeah this is probably one of 40's best albums.