RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > 1-2-1 Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-06, 03:26 PM   #1
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

I think we should go back to the classic 1-2 Punches style

IP: F856 46BC

Judging by the no shows I'd say Datrushurtz idea hasn't worked as well as we all were hoping. It was great thinking and all trying it out but I think more people would show if we just had the old 1-2 style.

Who agrees/disagrees etc?
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-06, 03:31 PM   #2
Texxus
The Rise

IP: AEB3 C728

^yea i agree but DTH style would've been dope if we had serious heads....and plus how is it a 1-2 punchline league if ya gotta drop 4lines? =/ but anyways do w/e ya need to do.
Old 08-04-06, 03:35 PM   #3
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: E98E E7FA

Appoc I don't know what you are talking about. Battles aren't over yet, but as of now we've had like 2 no-shows? A couple late posts, I won't count those as no-shows cuz they were caused from confusion that won't happen next week. If anything, unless a lot of the people who have to drop another bar on friday don't show up, I've never seen a week in any league with fewer no-shows and the voting this week as a whole has looked pretty good. I've been pretty happy with the way the league has gone so far.
Old 08-04-06, 04:21 PM   #4
L.I.
Miss Me?

IP: 3240 794D

^ +1

Yeah, so far we've had a great turn out imo. There werent many no shows at all for the first week and a new style.. I believe it is successful and we should stick to it if everyone continues as they did this week!

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-06, 04:22 PM   #5
SerB
....S.....

IP: 329A 17E6

iono, i think the setup should change

keep it liek Datrus had it but not the due dates.

I think if both ppl dropped on thrusday one punch. then on friday drop another punch
Old 08-04-06, 04:30 PM   #6
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

That kinda defeats the purpose of this whole setup tho... if you did that, there wouldn't be feeding and just 2 separate punches. Also, the cool thing about this setup is the old way, people would wait until the last possible minute sitting around with their 1 punch until the other person drops. Now, there is not really any incentive to do that so battles occur much quicker. I was very happy this week that many battles were done by even Wednesday and Thursday.

For the little confusion that did happen this week, I think that's something that will go away now that everyone sees how this works.
Old 08-04-06, 05:18 PM   #7
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 6F37 32AF

Sorry Datrus I forgot it was Friday, I got back from camping today and realised there was still a day for people to drop. It IS avery good idea it just seems awkward, I say we give it another week and review it again.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-06, 05:35 PM   #8
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

lol, its cool, i figured you didn't realize battles weren't over yet.... i think it only seems awkard cuz its different than what you're used to and takes some adjusting to.. at any rate, I'm gonna close this cuz we're definately doing this again next week. At the end of week 2 if there looks to be problems, feel free to make a similar thread to this and we can again start a discussion amongst members of the league.