RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > 1-2-1 Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-06, 08:40 AM   #1
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

1-2 Punchline League Mag Week 1

IP: D1E8 4D66

1-2 Punchline League Week 1

Intro

First of all, let me stress how long it takes to write a mag. Even if it isn’t that long in word length it takes fucking ages to go through all the battles, review EVERY SINGLE punch and then key it all up. Then when I’ve posted it up I sometimes get faggots saying “ok mag” just because I might have called them wack in a battle review. You silly motherfuckers, you being wack is NOT my fault. Stop taking out the fact you suck at text out on me, there is nothing I can do about it. Similarly, I want every person in the league to at least check out the mag and leave some sort of relative comment on it. I’d prefer it if people would discuss who had what chances of winning, how things are going, who’s been dropping well and who hasn’t etc. Now onto last week…

I feel this was a very good week with pretty much everybody showing. I mean all in all we had about 3 no show battles, which is damn good for any league. The only thing I had a problem with this week was the number of ridiculously one-sided battles. I mean fucking hell, I watched Jackass the Movie last night and saw Johnny Knoxville vs Butterbean where this 370 bald boxer guy beat the fuck out a skinny tall guy. To be perfectly honest a lot of these weeks’ battles reminded me of that. We had about 8 battles where one guy dropped decent and the other guy came wack and got eclipsed. That should NOT be happening people. There is no excuse for getting whored, none. There are excused for losing, and plenty of them. The other guy could be dope, you could have a really bad week, you could have been going through personal shit, you could be high or drunk when you key. But getting whored? Humiliated? Ripped to fucking shreds? There is NO excuse for that. And if you get torn to pieces in the league, should that not give you incentive to elevate? Yet I consistently see people dropping WACK and getting WHORED. Why is this happening? Next week I want a whole bunch of close battles where I can pick a top 20 punches instead of a top 5 and actually find a battle that DESERVES battle of the week and not one that got it merely because all the others were completely one sided. I mean seriously, stop going into battles thinking “I’ve got a snowballs chance thrown against an a avalanche.” This will cause you to drop below par because you accept the fact you will lose. If everyone went into every battle thinking they were a fucking genius and that they could obliterate Rakim then they would improve so much. Guys confidence is NOT arrogance, and confidence is NOT a bad thing. Overconfidence is bad, but when you’re up against someone good and you think to yourself “I’m gonna have to drop hard to win” then surely that’s a good thing? What isn’t good is going into a battle thinking “I’m 10 times the battler, lover, fighter etc than you are, I’m gonna half ass and still win.” When that happens, you get beat, simple as. No if nor buts, if you end up doing that and get beat by a newb then you deserve to lose and it’s 100% your own fault.

Interview With SPuL

Appocolyptik: Interview Started 19:49
Appocolyptik: Sup Spul?
Mo2v8ed4life: nothing much man. just chillin' and shit, you know
Appocolyptik: yeah I feel you
Appocolyptik: so what did you think of week 1?
Mo2v8ed4life: I actually was impressed. Like I think this new system you guys got is pretty dope. especially with letting both people feed off the other. I really enjoyed doing that last week, and this week as well. Good to be able to do that. and also lookin' around, got some good competition in here. And the groupings is a nice touch. so good job to you 3
Appocolyptik: thanks man
Appocolyptik: so lets start with some personal questions
Appocolyptik: what do you feel your biggest achievement on RV is?
Mo2v8ed4life: Hmm, well when I first started it was prolly the first tournament I won. Since I was just new, so that was big for me. but as of now prolly KORV 3. Since I had to beat a lot of the best on this site to get there. JTR, N. Taverez as some. even though 9th degree fucked it up in finals. But that'd be my best text accomplishment I think. But more so what I am proud of most on RV is how much I've elevated since I first started. Text and audio wise. If it wasn't for RV, wouldn't be at where I'm at in both text and audio
Appocolyptik: I feel you man, winning KORV3 is what won you my respect
Appocolyptik: So what's your most memorable battle?
Mo2v8ed4life: hmm..... basically any battle after that first rd. of KORV 3. Cuz iunno, it's like I was seriously giving it my all in KORV 3. Almsot running out of gass last two rounds. Didn't come as hard as I did earlier. But it was good, cuz round after round I was being underestimated. And after voting people like "Wow spul suprised me and actually came dope" etc. So it was prett enjoyable for me to continue proveing people wrong. Shit, after the first rd awhen people kept saying I really lost. Shit fired me up really. So any of those battles are memorable to me
Appocolyptik: word, has there been anyone who's helped you elevate over the years?
Mo2v8ed4life: Yea, text wise there have been a few. When first started out in 04, me and L.I. became tight in a crew. So he really helped me out a lot. Like I was in a "personals" phase. Like I only used personals, but just stated them.. Didn't really make it harsh. But L.I. taught me how to do that better, and I took it from there. And then later on JTR also. Helped me out a TON wordplay wise. So facing him in KORV 3 was only fitting. And more recently Rush Lingo been helpin' me out. Since my recent battles I been stretching my lines badly. So he been helpin' me make them much shorter. So props to those 3
Appocolyptik: Rush Lingo has helped you elevate?
Appocolyptik: that suprises me
Mo2v8ed4life: haha yes. helped me reword my lines much better. But why it suprises you?
Appocolyptik: well he always strikes me as one of those guys who's all shout and no dance if you know what I mean
Appocolyptik: yeah I know he's good but he seems to think he's up there with Spitacular and Feeble Minded
Appocolyptik: and that arrogance is unjustified
Mo2v8ed4life: haha funny thing is he was talkin' about how he thinks he might be comin out a lil too arrogant but he doesn't really mean for it happen. I talked to him, seems much different then when he online. Iunno some people have different attitude when they battle. Like Mimesis, me and him real tight, but when I battled him in LBL. he came at me like I was his worst enemy. So who knows, could be his style when he raps.
Appocolyptik: He really reminds me of this guy called Twizted
Appocolyptik: so anyway, whats the longest running most venemous beef you've had?
Mo2v8ed4life: I've had a lot of beefs. Cuz basically I used to just fuck around on RV and just diss random people sometimes, which would result in beef. lol but I'd say me and Soc. Cuz we hated eachother a LOT. many diss threads and hit. and we battled, and AT THE TIME the battle was consided dope. Won best battle of the yr as well. Even tho looking back on it, I don't think much of it. But at the time it was dope and kept people interested. So that's prolly the longest running one where both sides delivered some hits I think.
Appocolyptik: do you still think he's a silly cunt?
Mo2v8ed4life: Who soc? nah, now me and him are pretty tight. He's cool dude. I got respect for him
Appocolyptik: word I often end up like that, hating them then facing them off and we become friends
Appocolyptik: I've had deep beef with DaTrusHurtz, Mimesis and Nick Fletcher and have ended up tight with them all
Mo2v8ed4life: Yea, cuz you basically let out ALL your anger on that battle. So you usually have nothing left. That's why I still think beef battles have always been the better quality matches. Cuz you're leavin' nothing on the field. You give it your all
Appocolyptik: word that's true
Appocolyptik: so what do you think of the RV text scene as a whole right now?
Mo2v8ed4life: Right now I think it's pretty bad. That's RV heads wise tho. thank god for LBL and 1,2 punch to bring some other site heads in. But RV wise the only heads who really still battle constantly, off the top of ym head I'd say is "me, JTR, N. Taverez, Nick Fletcher, Mimesis and Daubs"
Appocolyptik: yeah though there are a few who could bring the heat if they tried
Appocolyptik: I find battling weekly in leagues draining, I put too much into it and am left spent for ages
Appocolyptik: I like waiting a month, building up beef then letting it all out in a 30-40 line battle
Appocolyptik: and they often end up legendary
Appocolyptik: but word, let me ask you a question
Appocolyptik: and I want you to answer it 100% truthfully
Mo2v8ed4life: ok, no problem
Appocolyptik: to what extent does your online life coincide with your real life?
Mo2v8ed4life: Like what do you mean?
Appocolyptik: do you ever bring your online life into your real life? or vice versa?
Appocolyptik: say you've been getting clowned a lot online, does that make you feel in a bad mood for the rest of the day?
Mo2v8ed4life: oh nah not really. what happens online doesn't matter to me much. Although KORV time. I really wanted to win, so I would take out some time from my daily routine to write some shit for it. But other than that nah, not much. Only audio wise tho, since RV and the net is all I got to critique my shit at the moment. So for that, yea
Appocolyptik: do you act differently online than you do in real life?
Mo2v8ed4life: Yea, cuz my atitude online what people think of me, really doesn't matter. But like on RV I might seem like some fuckin' loud ass mofo running around doing stupid shit. While in real life, I really just keep to myself mostly just do me, and I go crazy with my friends but I don't really fuck around as much as I do online. lol
Appocolyptik: Lol I have 3 kind of personas, I have the whole Joe McGovern thing in real life where I'm a gentle giant kinda thing, but people know I could bust the fuck out of them cause I'm 6 ft 3 and everything. Then I have the online Appocolyptik thing then I have the whole football pitch identity where I'm basically an animal thug
Appocolyptik: it's all very confusing
Appocolyptik: they sometimes coincide, like when mimesis pulled this bitch move I was angry for a whole day
Appocolyptik: but onto the 1-2 league, who do you see going far?
Mo2v8ed4life: LOL yea, I know what you mean
Mo2v8ed4life: hmm I'll say that I think L.I., Datruz, N. Taverez and JTR, you are all contenders. Btut don't sleep on Enygma. He will be up there too. looking like it'll be really nice
Appocolyptik: I want to battle Enygma, I was very disapointed I got put against Serbness
Appocolyptik: A fucking no show is enough to crush him
Mo2v8ed4life: LOL yea, kid's too full of himself, and cries for attention I think.
Mo2v8ed4life: lol yes, that is true. But just rip him to make him look more like an idiot then he already does
Appocolyptik: lmao I'll rip them both
Appocolyptik: but word
Appocolyptik: how do you feel about LI's recent move to legendary members?
Mo2v8ed4life: I am the one who actually campaigned for him to be in. lol Others thought different, but yes he was only active for one yr really. Now he's starting again, but that one year he dominated text scene in my oppinon. And even if it wasn't good back then, you can't hate on him. Cuz he did what he did to win. And one yr of dominance on a site that has only been around for 2 and a half yrs, is good enough for me to be considered legendary
Appocolyptik: to be honest mate I feel like people are throwing legendary positions out like confetti
Appocolyptik: like some of the battles in there especially
Appocolyptik: I saw JTR vs 9th Degree in there and was like the fuck? they can both drop so much better...
Mo2v8ed4life: Nah, but see for me somethings that make it legendary also are the TIME PERIOD it happened.
Mo2v8ed4life: like for instance..
Mo2v8ed4life: in that JTR and 9th battle. it was KORV finals. So that added to impact. Another thing, look @ their rankings. Nobody expected it to happen. And JTR before tourney started claimin'. "You don't know me, but I will win this tourney" so it was like incredible up to the match up. And I thik both came above average. And mixed into the time period and the atmosphere it was a pretty dope battle
Appocolyptik: I guess so man
Appocolyptik: you have a good point
Appocolyptik: what's the best battle you've seen on RV?
Mo2v8ed4life: hard to put a finger on them, but the ones that come to mind for me is just recently that JTR v.s N. Taverez weed head battle, then that Butler v.s Glocks match was ill, then Fletcher v.s Hensley was pretty tight as well. Those are some of the ones I remember that made me just go "Shittttt" by lookin' @ it
Appocolyptik: that butler vs glocks was fucking raw I agree
Appocolyptik: so you mentioned KORV4
Appocolyptik: tell me about that
Mo2v8ed4life: Well, basically ever since the first one. People really took a likin' to it, and we decided to have it like every yr. It's basically a 64 man tournament. And all the past 3 have had good turnouts. So hopefully this one will too. Me and Red Bull are set to mod it. The top 4 rankings are based on the last tournament, and then rest we rank. Hopefully will be another classic
Appocolyptik: when is it being held?
Mo2v8ed4life: We're going for a late november early December start date
Appocolyptik: that's pretty far down the line isn't it?
Appocolyptik: isn't there supposed to be a celeb alias tourney or something?
Mo2v8ed4life: But yea, It hink it's good to keep a distance between it nah mean? So more interest whenever it DOES go down. Instead of people going "eh, I'll just wait till next one to join." but as for celeb aslias tourney. Iunno would be pretty coo if someone could organize that
Appocolyptik: I want to organize it
Appocolyptik: the last one never really got started but I think if we had one it would be sick, and would seperate the men from the boys so to speak
Appocolyptik: but anyway anything you would like to say before we conclude?
Mo2v8ed4life: Nah not at moment. Just shout out to my dudes, JTR, Nick Fletcher, N. Taverez, L.I., Rush and all y'all. You know who you are. and also props to you 3 for this league. Looks real dope and promising. word up
Appocolyptik: Thank you
Appocolyptik: Peace
Appocolyptik: Interview Concluded 20:41

Battle Roundup

Imaginasian vs Troop

Imaginasian dropped really weak here and didn’t hit his man at all. His first punch was, even with the quote, and the second didn’t make use of the personal at all and was basically a statement. Troop didn’t drop great either but took this with the Ali punch. However the whole ‘straight line/drop’ thing is becoming increasingly played these days. I see one pretty much every time I read a battle in LBL or LLL.

DaTrusHurtz vs SlickKnife

This was potentially battle of the week but failed to deliver in terms of quality. DTH is one of those battlers that could half ass and still drop decent, so it’s always worth going all out on him. Slickknife dropped weak, his first punch was self glory and his second was very played and pretty much bitten. DTH’s first punch was very basic but his second was pretty nice. Unsurprisingly Datrus won this convincingly.

KempoMRK vs LG

This was a very one sided battle in Kempo’s favour. I felt both of LG’s punches were weak and badly worded whereas Kempo’s 2nd punch was witty and made me chuckle. The Panic at the Disco line could have been really dope but wasn’t executed well. Either way this was a very easy battle to call.

Spul vs Script

Spul dropped pretty ill in this battle, and pretty much murdered Script. Instead of focusing on his actual punches Script spent far too long ‘exposing’ Spuls biting, then managed to use either extremely played flips or direct bites on his own punches. His first line was similar to the Fracture line I used against 9th Degree and his second was pretty much the same as JTR’s line. Spuls first line was dope and his 2nd was a nice personal too. Easy victory for Spul here.

Jack the Ripper vs TeamOne

This was another potential battle of the week, but ended up being one sided as fuck. JTR’s first line was recycled but as the battle he used it in was a no show, that was allowed. Anyway the recycled line ended up being punch of the battle and his 2nd was pretty decent too. Fux on the other hand came weak and lost convincingly.

Daubs vs LG

Daubs came nice and the other guy came wack, is there anything more that needs to be said? Seriously, a GOTH punch on Daubs? What the fuck? If you’re trying to say Daubs is a Goth, you’ve got better chance nailing jelly to the ceiling. Seriously, trying to tell RV that Daubs is a Goth is like trying to tell a white mouse that a black cat is lucky. Daubs is a chav as they come, and is a nice battler too. His 2nd punch was nice and his first was decent, either way he easily took this battle.

Untold vs Oz

Man this is fucking ridiculous, yet again we have a completely one sided battle. Untold only dropped 1 line but it was still better than the shit Oz dropped. Seriously, does this league read “garbage disposal, please drop your trash here.” No it fucking does not; please bare that in mind next time kid. Untold didn’t drop good either but he did enough to win here.

Seyance vs Brandon

At first glance Brandon dropped a dope verse and crushed Seyance. But sadly, the faggot bit his lines and has not only been DQ'd and booted from the league but banned.

Dreadedwicksta vs Tortilla Chip

DW won due to the other guy coming bland and played. I liked Wickstas concept on the first line but his wording turned what could have been a great punch into a fairly decent punch. Read my preseason mag if you want a tutorial on wording. His second punch wasn’t that great but he beat Tortilla Chip.

Ken’Pho vs Original

We come to our first no show of the week. Ken’Pho dropped weak but won via Original not showing on time with his first punch and not dropping a second one at all.

Marvillous vs Precize

Precize dropped one punch and it wasn’t good at all. Marvs first punch was wack but his second was dope. It could have maybe been worded a little better but lack of other quality in the league made it punch of the week, plus the fact Brandons triangles punch was bitten. Anyway Marv took this comfortably.

L.I vs D.Stroyer

RV’s latest ‘legend’ vs the guy with the most basic name pun you could imagine. I mean D.Stroyer, what the fuck? But surprisingly this was a decent battle. Ok so D.Stroyer didn’t drop great, but he dropped alright, which is more than can be said for half the fucks in this league. L.I’s 2nd punch is what won him the battle. He executed the D.S name play very well and that was on top of a solid first line. Overall he won this pretty comfortably.

Sobe vs DNGRX

Sobes 2nd line won him the battle here. It wasn’t that hard but it was a good example of how to make use of a feed and make something witty out of it. DNGRX or whatever he calls himself, dropped lame. Both of his punches were shitty and poorly executed. Sobe didn’t drop great but he beat his opponent, and that’s all that matters in the end.

Automatic vs Serb

Serb wins this due to Automatic no showing, but fair play to Auto getting to the finals of LLL. Personally I thought Spit beat him in the semis but blah, good job on elevating so much man.

Enygma vs Misk

Lmao at Misk’s second punch. I mean not only was it completely fake but it was completely wack, Seriously I’m still chuckling from that shit. In fact it deserves an honourary mention and perhaps will be put in the Hall of Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misk
Talk about punches floppin'... ya ghostwriter must of forgot to drop
stop playin' pretend gangsta wit ya daughter
.................................................. ..only ghetto u see is in photoshop

I mean not only do you act like living in the ghetto is a BAD thing, you bring his daughter in it which is completely different concept altogether. WHERE IS HIS DAUGHTER IN THAT PIC? I hope, for your sake, that you were either very high or very drunk when you thought of that. Enygma’s 2nd punch was quite nice and won him the battle even though his first punch was weak.

Wordz Aghod vs Method

Wordz Aghod wins due to Method being a no showing faggot.

Euthanize vs Tony Brown

I can’t say I’m not disappointed in my boy Tony, because I am. Anyone who takes a no show win when the other guy shows deserves a slap, because they’re pulling a bitch move, and bitch moves are gay as fuck. But basically Euthanize showed up late and got confused over his verse and lost for it.

Penlord vs Malicious

Malicious wins for following the rules and Penlord basically loses for swaying and the fact Strobe has seen fit to ‘mute’ all his posts.

N.Tavarez vs Artistik

Good battle here, Tavarez came pretty nice with a very nice first bar and a decent second. Artistik came decent too, with his first punch being nice (even though NT punches are quite played) and a poorly executed second. Overall this was a pretty good battle but N.Tavarez took it comfortably because Philly’s second line let him down.

Ill.Eyes vs Wyte

This was a pretty weird battle with some confusing punches worded bizarrely. Wytes first punch was weird as fuck, and made me chuckle at it’s strangeness. In fact for viewing pleasure I will quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyte
Punch was wack, basically you said I’m in love with life
Yeah my life cheated on me…
…With your fucking wife

And if that wasn’t confusing enough, Ill Eyes then made up a quote and then wrote a diss to it, which was very herbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Eyes

You've never won awards.. nonoone'll even mention this queer...
so writing in white must be the fuckin HIGHLIGHT of your career.

Is it just me or do you not know anyone who highlights in white? I certainly don’t. Overall Ill Eyes wins but a pretty solid first punch, whereas both of Wytes sucked.

Top 5 Punches

Usually I’d do a Top 10 Punches but to be perfectly honest there weren’t enough this week to put in there, so I cut to the chase and made it a top 5. If you don’t like it then get the fuck outa here.

5) I done enough to win and that line was bate, thought you were great?
im only half a circle.....but your not in ANY sort of shape
Daubs vs GC

4) I'ma rip ya to rags. Everybody I know fancies to hurt you
Cause scripture so bad...
...even god jumps at a chance to merk you!
Spul vs Script

3) FuxJustAWord is poor, homeless, you read it right
and ‘Word on the street’ is.. just escribing his pathetic life.
Jack the Ripper vs TeamOne

2) Im wrecking guys, take to the field kid watch the weapons fly
I'm throwing stiks to the ground like my dog needed the exercise
N.Tavarez vs Artistik

1) ur at a mad disadvantage.. so go and complain to L.I.
cuz i dont need to eat,
it only takes 2 punchlines to fucking get over'cize..
Marvillous vs Precize

Verse of the Week

Spul

I'ma rip ya to rags. Everybody I know fancies to hurt you
Cause scripture so bad...
...even god jumps at a chance to merk you!
LOL @ bringin' up false and played junk. Like that shit's gonna hurt
You must be stupid to accuse someone of biting...
... and then bite in that same verse!

Battle of the Week

N. Tavarez vs Artistik

N. Tavarez

Im wrecking guys, take to the field kid watch the weapons fly
I'm throwing stiks to the ground like my dog needed the exercise
^^should throw that dirt far, Quotes in a 1-2? lmao son your the worst par
NT's played man <--- and i mean that lame concept in your 1st bar

vs

Artistik

see you freshed up the wordplay… it had me laughing no doubt..
that we all know NTs been played man… since XP came out
it’s go time n you had no rhymes, just admit to my damn throne
n’ I peeped all of your punches… on the waiting list to get thrown

Top 10 Power Rankings

10) Appocolyptik
9) Tony Brown
8) Enygma
7) Daubs
6) Marvillous
5) DaTrusHurtz
4) L.I
3) Jack the Ripper
2) Spul
1) N. Tavarez

Look Out For

N. Tavarez

The guys always dropping consistently witty and funny punches which always gets you good marks in the 1-2 league. He’s also an RV legend so it would be a travesty if he didn’t do well really.

Jack the Ripper

Arguably RV’s biggest weed head is also dope at battling. He recently did a 50 line Cannabis battle against N. Tavarez which was legendary. He consistently drops witty and hard and will go far here.

Spul

You got it, the champion KORV 3 is also to be looked out for here. His style is lamented at times but none can deny he virtually always drops hard and funny. There is also the small matter of him being a legendary RV member, which also promotes him. Look out for the boy.

DaTrusHurtz

Most people underestimate this guy and forget how good he can actually drop. Remember, Datrus has whored cats most people couldn't beat if they no showed. He's always dropping consistently and if he can translate his prowess in 20+ line battles into 1-2 punches he's rip this league apart.

Predictions by DaTrusHurtz

Group A: Serbness vs Appocolyptik

- Appocolyptik should want to make a splash in his first week actually in the league. Talent wise he easily trumps Serbness and should take this.

Group A: Sand vs LG

- I hear Sand is good, but I've never seen anything from him. LG didn't drop very good in his first week so I'm gonna put my faith in my sources and predict Sand here.

Group A: Oz vs Enygma

- Enygma is gettin' lots of hype, it's time to back that up because I felt you came pretty bland in week 1. Oz needs a lot of elevation, though, so I got Enygma taking this.

Group A: MiSk vs Untold

- MiSk used to be good in this league, but times have changed. Untold would have won last week with only 1 bar if I didn't DQ him. Assuming he drops 2 bars this week he should win.

Group B: Original vs marvILLous

- marvILLous had what I felt was the only pretty dope punch last week. If he brings anything like that this week, he should start the season off at 2-0.

Group B: Daubs vs Ken` Pho

- Daubs just has a lot more experience and is more fully elevated at this time than Ken. I think Daubs should have no problems here.

Group B: GC vs DaTrusHurtz

- As many of you know, I'm only inspired to write when I have good opponents. GC, hopefully you come better than last week so I don't have to half-ass and win.

Group B: SlicKnife vs Precize

- SlicKnife really surprised me last week, thought he was gonna come harder (and he thought I was gonna come harder, lol). I haven't seen much from Precize, but I think Slic will take this more seriously this week and win.

Group C: LyricALI vs SPuL

- Old shool people right here, SPuL is much more accomplished in text though than our new mod so I got SPuL taking this one.

Group C: DNGRX vs Euthanize

- Tough one to call, pretty even matchup really, but Euth has a little more experience and is slightly more consistent so I think we'll win this.

Group C: V.C. vs Script

- This battle shouldn't be bad at all, I think it'll just be who wants it more. V.C. doesn't have much of a life so he'll probably spend his whole week thinking of something and win.

Group C: ~Luciano~ vs Tony Brown

- Luciano will likely come better than last week to avenge his DQ loss, but I don't quite think it will be enough to overcome Tony Brown.

Group D: Wordz Ahgod vs Malicious

- People pray to God that Malicious things don't happen to them. Faith will be tested in this battle. I'm not a believer, but I think God will win.

Group D: Tortilla Chip vs Mystic

- Tortilla is very inconsistent, but comes with some nice concepts sometimes. Mystic is new to the league and has lots to prove, but he won't succeed in this week.

Group D: GKillaz05 vs Rush Lingo

- Both are also new signins this week. I barely accepted GKillaz, meanwhile I went out of my way to get Rush Lingo in here. Rush should take this pretty easily.

Group D: L.I. vs Dreadedwicksta

- Dreaded occasionally comes nice, but is nowhere nearly as consistent as LI, and as a mod, LI will make sure he reps this league well and go away with the win.

Group E: N. Taverez vs Seyance

- Seyance lucked out last week that his opponent bit, but I don't think that's gonna happen again this week. I've seen some good stuff from him, but I don't think he's quite as skilled as Tav in text.

Group E: Thoth vs TeamOne

- Fux didn't come as good as he's known to last week, but he should come much better this week. I don't know much about Thoth, but I don't think he'll win.

Group E: Artistik vs Wyte

- Philly will step it up this week after getting criticized in the league last week for coming weak. Wyte is still new at this so this won't be close.

Group E: Ill.Eyes vs .nZa.

- nZa is a very average battler, but good with the punchlines as he went undefeated in the RB 1-2 regular season and lost in the champ match. If he comes as he did in that league, he should win.

Outro

I was gonna do predictions and shit but they are pretty much worthless and in the end mean nothing. I mean we’re not taking bets on who’s gonna win here, are we? I thought not, so if you want to discuss predictions then do it in this thread. I’ve said my piece and now it’s up to you to prove yourself in this league. I promote beef in this league as if makes things so much more interesting. So if someone has been pissing you off then please whore them in this thread and make pointless beef out of it, and then follow it up by crushing them in the battle.

I’d like to thank everybody who genuinely read this and didn’t just skim through it to post “tight mag” at the end. I’d also like to say a big well done for DaTrusHurtz and LI for running this league so professionally and making it successful. Thank you guys. Also I’d like to wish Luciano all the luck he can get for his new Audio battling league. If it doesn’t work out for him then he can always come back here and help run this. To fill his absence Strobe has re modded Led Poetic who originally founded the league in the first place. I don’t know why but for some reason he saw fit to ban him. Anyway, good luck to EVERYONE competing this week and make sure you drop your best.

Peace

Last edited by Appocolyptik : 08-08-06 at 06:21 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 08:41 AM   #2
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: D1E8 4D66

The interview will be posted up later tonight so if anybody wants to be interviewed then get at me and make sure your ass is online this evening.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 09:14 AM   #3
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: E98E E7FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
I mean seriously, stop going into battles thinking “I’ve got a snowballs chance thrown against an a avalanche.” This will cause you to drop below par because you accept the fact you will lose. If everyone went into every battle thinking they were a fucking genius and that they could obliterate Rakim then they would improve so much. Guys confidence is NOT arrogance, and confidence is NOT a bad thing. Overconfidence is bad, but when you’re up against someone good and you think to yourself “I’m gonna have to drop hard to win” then surely that’s a good thing? What isn’t good is going into a battle thinking “I’m 10 times the battler, lover, fighter etc than you are, I’m gonna half ass and still win.” When that happens, you get beat, simple as. No if nor buts, if you end up doing that and get beat by a newb then you deserve to lose and it’s 100% your own fault.

Word at all of that. This is a 1-2 league, no opponent here is that scary with only 4 lines, so you guys should get motivated cuz everyone is beatable.

Also, Appoc could you edit the mag a bit? Brandon actually bit that triangles line and got banned from the league this week so if you could edit in that he loses for biting, take him outta top punches and power rankings, that'd be great. I don't want a biter getting props.

Other than that, mag was pretty good.
Old 08-07-06, 09:24 AM   #4
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

IP: B26C 448D

dope magazine
i'll vote this week i promise
i wasnt online all weekend
but yeah be lets get this league in motion!
Old 08-07-06, 10:21 AM   #5
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: A1AF 9561

Decent mag....

only thing is, you and others COMPLETELY misunderstood my first punch - I thought this league was a dope idea because it allowed feeding, but some of you guys cant even differentiate between a self-glory punch and a good feed - I suggest you all go on limewire and download some decent live rap battles, n see how the fuck they feed...maybe then you will see my punch was NOT self-glory but making him look bad

I kesytled both of my punches...why did you think I never tried with a better second punch - coz no disrespect to DTH but that first punch by him was weak n basic shit, I expected him to come a lot better than that...I still dont see how I should have lost it

You wanted a relative comment and thats my reply to what you had to say on my battle
Old 08-07-06, 10:25 AM   #6
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Yeah my first punch was weak n' basic..but then i smashed ya with the 2nd one

You just left the door wide open for me.
Old 08-07-06, 11:32 AM   #7
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: CF50 F68B

yo ill mag yo. props for the props and ish. but uhh word holla @ me for an interview whichever week you need one.

AIM: mo2v8ed4life

tight mag tho. peacee
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 11:59 AM   #8
Wordz AhGod
ROFL @ u niggas since '04

IP: F1FE FCAA

str8 mag man. I know its hard work to put together and all. I just wish this dude method would have showed so I could've had a spot rather then a I win coz of no show comment but oh well. Me and meliciouse gonna go at it. should be decent. 1

Send a message via AIM to Wordz AhGod Send a message via MSN to Wordz AhGod   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 12:47 PM   #9
Untold
Met-A-4

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

roflz @ me droppin one punch and winnin.

sorry about that ya'll. i got caught up and busy as shit last week.

i'll be all out this week.

pz.
Old 08-07-06, 01:30 PM   #10
R. Lingo
Light Weight

IP: 06F3 AF4D

brandon bit though.
Old 08-07-06, 01:31 PM   #11
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

yea I think Appoc had already written the mag before it was known that line was bit.. i guess he can edit it when he has a chance.
Old 08-07-06, 01:49 PM   #12
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

IP: 3C62 382D

Nice Mag bro..................

but why is my rec sayin 0-1?

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 02:05 PM   #13
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

You were DQd for swaying. Swaying is anytime you self-hype your own shit or put down your opponents, and even tho it wasn't major, you did do this. Sorry, rules are rules, and LI and I both agreed that you swayed.
Old 08-07-06, 02:12 PM   #14
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

IP: 3C62 382D

lol i aint due no fuckin swaying

no where did i make my verse look more superior

or downplay..i said he used a fake personal

so thats swaying?..lol ya man ok

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 02:14 PM   #15
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Saying someone used a fake personal is swaying

If you wanted to say that, you coulda done that in your next punch since feeding is allowed.