RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > 1-2-1 Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-06, 10:24 PM   #1
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

1-2-1 Mag: Season 2 Preview Edition

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

Introduction:
First off, I want to say that I am very excited about this season. Last season went well, but this is the season I really want to get this league on the map. With some very dope additions to the league, I'm hoping to accomplish just that this season. With that, I'm soon gonna kick it off about what to look forward to this season, but first...

Season 1 Finals:
As you all may have seen, the voting is extremely close between Artistik and Spul for the title of season 1. If you have yet to drop a vote, drop a vote! I am going to leave this battle open an extra week so a winner can be more clearly decided.

Season 2 League Changes:
This league will run very similarly to last season. Everyone who hasn't read the rules should do so, because as everyone I think learned from last season, I'm a mod who actually enforces rules. Now, one dope change we've added this season is some dollas. Untold has generously offered to shell out $50 to this season's champion. This isn't some empty promise, if you champ this league, you will win money. Hell, you can tell your friends you've won money from texting.

Now, there is one other change I am considering making this season, but I am seeking your opinions. I am considering implementing a voting panel of roughly 7 people this season. With each battle only being a total of 4 bars, voting does not take long, and I can imagine that there would be 7 people who would be willing to do this voting. Of course, only unbiased and veteran heads would be invited to be on this voting panel. However, do you all think this is a good idea? Why or why not? I'm hoping to come to a decision on this issue in the next few days.

If you have any other ideas for the league, feel free to suggest things! I'm open to anything crazy if I think it will make the league better. I'm even considering having a themed week later in the season. Really, any ideas are cool.

Recruiting
Speaking of making the league better, and I know this isn't really related to a season preview, but if you could all recruit your friends, I would appreciate it. Seriously, if many of you can just bring 1 new head to this league, you've helped out a lot. Of course, only invite good text heads, I don't want garbage in this league. Poor quality heads only ruin voting and make people not take the league as seriously. With that said, though, lets get some more people in here! We got 28 signins right now, I'm shooting for 36 by Week 1, but more if we get it.

Who's Back
This roster of heads shows many familiar faces from last season. Here's a listing of everyone who was in last season who has returned.

N. Tavarez - After a great regular season where he only had 1 loss, N. Tavarez suffered a tough loss to Spul in the final 4 where he lost in a 2-1 vote. As a former 1-2 punchline champion, his talent and fire should make him a threat for this season.
Spul - Spul suffered a few regular season losses last season which knocked him down to a lowly 8 seed in the playoffs, but he had a great playoff run which landed him in the title. The title is still undecided, but Spul might possibly be trying to defend a title this season.
Daubs - Daubs suffered 2 losses in the regular season last season, but both were due to being out of town and not showing. Therefore, Daubs only really lost 1 battle last season, in the playoffs. He's been around for awhile and is obviously a threat and someone to look out for.
Untold - Untold never dropped quite as dope as some of the top competition in the league last season, but he certainly has the ability to as he has shown in the LBL and other leagues around the net. With him being the supplier of money this season, it is sure he will compete his hardest so he only has to pay himself for being the champion.
L.I. - L.I. was very quiet last season, but as a member of the RV legends section and numerous accomplishments, not to mention being a mod of this league, he can certainly be a threat when motivated by good competition. Do not take him lightly.
DaTrusHurtz - I was knocked out of the playoffs early, but after going undefeated in the regular season and winning the last 4 LBL champ matches, I'm writing as well as I ever have. Last season I was slightly unmotivated by many of the punchlines dropped against me, I would like you all to bring me your best stuff.
Wordz Ahgod - Wordz Ahgod was having a nice season last season, but decided to signout near the end when he wasn't having as much fun texting, but he has returned this season. He still needs some work, but he has elevated pretty quickly to the point that he is at right now.
D. Stroyer - D. Stroyer disappeared last season, but he has returned for this one and once again seems to be active on the site. He's not as polished as some of the other dope heads here and needs work on his concepts, but a decent battler who will win some battles in this league.
Tony Brown - Tony Brown started texting about the same time that I did. He has always been a decent head, but he has never really quite reached that next level. He finished a respectable 4-3 here last season, and he will be looking to improve on that this season.
Cocaine - Cocaine at one point champed the old PLL here, but hasn't really elevated since that time while others have. He can come really nice sometimes, just needs to work on coming less played and more consistent with his punchlines.
~Luciano~ - Luciano has been texting for awhile, but has never really elevated due to his commitment to audio. He's a dedicated head to the league, but he will need to come more creative and word his punchlines better if he wants to make the playoffs this season.

Who's New
There are some new heads in the league who are poised to cause some damage and shake things up. Here's everyone who is new to the league.

Roger Glocks - Roger Glocks has not yet really won anything on the RV scene, but he has a battle in legends and for the second time has reached the title match in the LBL. His drops are very consistent week in and week out and he is surely a threat for the title.
R. Christensen - R. Christensen, or better known as Chrit, is surely one of the cockiest members of the league. However, he is also one of the most talented. As a former champion of the RB 1-2 punchline league, he is a definate threat to champion this league as well
Jo$hua - Jo$hua is one of the only league members that I am not very familiar with. However, I assure you he is not new, he has an alias which is very established. How dope he can come is unknown, but he will surprise many of you if you do not take him seriously.
Red Bull - When I think of RV, Red Bull is one of the people I think of. He is new to the 1-2-1 league, but not new to RV or battling at all. He is in the HOF, has 2 battles in the LBL legends section, and has accomplished just about anything else you can think of on this site. A 1-2-1 title is very possible.
Oneduh - Oneduh is an RM legend. If you have ever peeped any of his stuff, you should go check it out, he's been dope for a long time. He's come to this league for 1 reason. He's very confident the $50 will be his. There's definately a good chance that it will be if he takes this league seriously.
Undermine - Undermine, or better known as Spitacular, the RB legend, has also joined up for one reason, he believes the $50 will be his. Controversy sometimes surrounds him, but no one argues his talent. Definately one of the people to look out for this season.
Grams - Grams is the shit for the reason alone that he goes to Indiana University, the best college in the United States. He hasn't been texting that long, but can drop some cool punchlines. He just needs to up his creativity a bit and come more consistent. If he can do that, he should do well.
Te Ora - Te Ora is new to the league, but he has been battling in the LBL for the last month. I still haven't figured out his alias from another site, but he has dropped quite nicely in the LBL. He could definately sneak up on some people here.
Possible - Possible, or better known as Trepidation, the LLL mag writer from RB, has come to the RV punchline scene. I haven't seen him drop in awhile, so how he will come is a mystery to me. Fun side note, when we were both newbies a few years ago, I KO'd him. (Sorry, had to bring that up)
Nat Turner - Nat Turner, or better known as Vlad on RB, is a decent text head. He still has a lot of elevating to do, but he seems to keep improving over time. He also seems very dedicated to elevating so watch out for him as the season goes on.
Lord of Pens - Lord of Pens is one of the newer heads here when it comes to texting. He still has a lot of elevating to do, but he has started making a name for himself in the RB punchline league. We will see how he fares here against tougher competition.
Flagrant - Flagrant, or better known as Renegade, is a former LLL head on RB. He was elevating extremely quickly, but then disappeared for a bit. He's back, he will likely be rusty at first, but this guy has a lot of potential if he keeps working on his game.
PicturePerfect - PicturePerfect is hardly new to the RV scene, or even to the punchline league here, but he wasn't in this last season so I'm putting him in the new section. He's not quite a title contendor or anything, but likely will make the playoffs and can definately beat some dope heads if they don't try against him.
Spektikul - Spektikul is in the same boat as PicturePerfect. He hasn't been around for awhile, though, so he will surely be rusty at first. He used to drop some cool punchlines around here, though, so look out for him as the season goes on.
Ab0ve - Ab0ve is a younger text head who still needs a lot of elevation. Hopefully he takes this league seriously and tries his best. He will need to if he wants to beat some of the tougher heads around here.

Don't Get Cocky
These people made the playoffs last season, but will need to step up their game if they wish to make the playoffs again.

Ken' Pho - Ken' Pho enjoyed a nice regular season going 5-2, but this record might have been more attributed to luck than to skill with 4 of his wins coming from no-show. It is not likely Ken' will receive as many no-show wins this season so he will need to come prepared for battled.
Lampejo - Lampejo is a former mod of this site and is very familiar with 1-2 leagues. However, he finished only 4-3 last season and barely slipped into the playoffs. To reach the playoffs again, he will definately need to step up his game.

Pre-Season Power Rankings
There are a lot of dope heads in this league and its very hard to rank them. Ranks 3-8 are pretty much interchangable, but these are some initial rankings.

10. Untold - Untold just gained his first major accomplishment in winning the HW title in LLL, albeit against a wattered down league. This season might be the one he grows on his accomplishments.
9. Daubs - Daubs has always been a great battler at RV, but has never quite distinguished himself and risen above the rest. Maybe this will be the season he accomplishes this.
8. Red Bull - Red Bull hasn't written much lately, but he's still just as talented as he always was. The fact he hasn't battled much lately is pretty much the only reason he's this low.
7. R. Christensen - Chrit has champ'd the 1-2 league at RB. Will need to drop nicer than he did in the preseason to champ this league, but definately is a contender.
6. N. Tavarez - N. Tav is a former 1-2 champion on RV. Him champing the 1-2-1 here is not out of the question.
5. DaTrusHurtz - I hate ranking myself, but this seems about right. I plan on taking this season much more serious than the last given the tougher competition so you can be sure I will be coming dope.
4. Spul - It looks as if there is a decent chance that Spul will become the first 1-2-1 season champion. His playoff run has proved he will be one of the ones to beat this season.
3. Roger Glocks - With his recent succest on this site and on BragginWrites, he could definately be the next big thing to come out in the world of text.
2. Undermine - Spit has accomplished everything there is to accomplish at RB. An RV 1-2-1 title is not out of the question. Definately one of the top runners in the league.
1. Oneduh - Oneduh is currently 17-0 in the RBL at RM. He has had many legendary battles, and will be extremely hard to beat if he takes this league seriously.

I Predict:
These are some of my predictions for this season. If you don't like them, prove me wrong.

I predict...RV heads will have to deal with D/R accusations throughout the season

I predict...I will struggle to convince Chrit to follow the bar by bar voting rules

I predict...Wordz Ahgod will signout at some point to concentrate on audio

I predict...No one will go undefeated this season

I predict...Everyone will find these predictions very boring

I predict...Everyone who finds these predictions boring will get massacred in the league by me

Conclusion:
I've pretty much said everything I wanted to say. There are a lot of talented heads in this league, many of which weren't even mentioned in this mag. I'm expecting some dope drops this season. Everyone please do as much to help with recruiting, voting, and helping this season run smoothly. It should be a good one. Pzz

Last edited by DaTrusHurtz : 10-19-06 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-17-06, 10:32 PM   #2
fuck yuu
iBully

IP: 9C02 3D93

Word not bad... Shouldnt have titled it a mag should have titled it as like a bulletin or something...

But word you know i be recrutin and shit still waitin on a couple peeps from IJL to his this up.

Hens says he still down so add him next week if you didnt add him this week

also get at me on IAM either tonight or tomarrow homie we need to discuss some shit

-
Think you can write?
5x PS HOF
2004 Poet of the year
3X writer of the month
Old 10-17-06, 10:33 PM   #3
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: D140 2504

lmao good shit son

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 10:33 PM   #4
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

tell Hens just to sign into the signin thread... i won't be on aim today, you can get at me tomorrow i guess
Old 10-17-06, 10:35 PM   #5
fuck yuu
iBully

IP: 9C02 3D93

Word im out for the night anyways so it wouldnt have been able to be tonight anyways... But it concerns possibly more money and prizes for the final 4 and the champ of this season.

-
Think you can write?
5x PS HOF
2004 Poet of the year
3X writer of the month
Old 10-18-06, 04:12 AM   #6
Te Ora
Light Weight

IP: 5163 CDCF

cool mag man..

propz.
Old 10-18-06, 04:18 AM   #7
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

IP: 6168 7863

nice fam lay......

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 06:09 AM   #8
grams
Light Weight

IP: B139 F5F5

cool i guess.....
Old 10-18-06, 12:00 PM   #9
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

I just added more profiles to the mag so everyone feels included
Old 10-18-06, 12:49 PM   #10
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: DD7B 9A68

Nice mag.

Quote:
Red Bull - When I think of RV, Red Bull is one of the people I think of. He is new to the 1-2-1 league, but not new to RV or battling at all. He is in the HOF, has 2 battles in the LBL legends section, and has accomplished just about anything else you can think of on this site. A 1-2-1 title is very possible.

Wait...what the fuck?
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 01:32 PM   #11
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

His battles against Hens and Appoc are listed as "Classic LBL Battles".. that's what I meant by legends
Old 10-18-06, 01:56 PM   #12
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

IP: B26C 448D

nice mag but your on crack ranking me 6th
i dont care whose signed in
besides spul and art (controversially)
aint nobody seeing me here
im coming with a vengeance watch!
Old 10-18-06, 02:41 PM   #13
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
His battles against Hens and Appoc are listed as "Classic LBL Battles".. that's what I meant by legends

Red Bull = Nick Fletcher?

I think you're wrong about that.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 02:47 PM   #14
KempoMRK
The Saviour

http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=218629

Yeah, Red Bull ain't Nick Fletcher.
Old 10-18-06, 03:37 PM   #15
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: BE48 95D9

hahaha, oh, I didn't know that...I thought Red Bull/Nick Fletcher/King Solo were all the same person... so Nick Fletcher is King Solo.. what is Red Bull's old name?