RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-06, 01:19 AM   #1
Zach Warden
New to RV

production

IP: 63BD B3C8

this isnt really a question about a problem i have... im lookin for good advice on a type of computer for recording... rite now ill put a price cap at $3000...

www.soundclick.com/zwbattles
www.soundclick.com/zachwarden
www.myspace.com/itszachwarden

Last edited by Zach Warden : 10-29-06 at 02:45 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Zach Warden   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 12:52 AM   #2
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 1074 4513

there's only one choice.

a mac.

and you can get one that'll exceed your needs for under a thousand, but if you wanna play liek you're Mr. Monopoly, get a dual processor G5

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 03:49 PM   #3
Zach Warden
New to RV

IP: 63BD B3C8

thx man = ).................

www.soundclick.com/zwbattles
www.soundclick.com/zachwarden
www.myspace.com/itszachwarden
Send a message via AIM to Zach Warden   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 04:55 PM   #4
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP: 1074 4513

no doubt

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 08:48 PM   #5
B.I.G.
B.I.G.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: F4FE 42F6

Any programs you could use for a mac.. I have Garage band and shit... but its fucked up... I can't do shit there.... I have an M-Audio keyboard but I just see it complicated on that program... any help??

Bizzacckkk
Old 01-18-07, 12:46 AM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP: 9F32 63E3

garage band is fucked up? lol that's the first time i ever heard that.

but for production programs, you can't go wrong with reason, but producing is all about what 'sound' you want, so the program you want will all rely on what you want your beats to sound like.

truth be told, the best piece of production equipment is an mpc.

btw, i been meaning to get back to your feedback to Soul. will holla tomorrow..

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 01-18-07, 11:49 AM   #7
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

that aint cold hard fact bout the mpc.....ive used an mpc as well as logic and i prefer logic by far.......

it depends on your personal preferences
Old 01-18-07, 11:59 AM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

mpc will give you any imaginable sound you want. it's all about what you put in it.

and once again, production gear/production programs are all about personal taste. is a triton better than a motif? they're both phenominal. it's just all about what you want to do.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 01-21-07, 04:06 PM   #9
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

^^i agree

ps i love the fantom x8 im using but i wanna see what the triton and motif have to offer
Old 01-21-07, 10:57 PM   #10
Avalon
is back...

IP: 6C65 1540

You don't need to buy a mac... you can buy a pc for 1500... that'll work alot better than a mac... there are millions of more programs for pc than mac... it's 10x's easier to fix if you ever need to...

mpc are no where near the best piece of production equipment... what so ever... especially here in the last 3 years... LONG way away... ask Just Blaze...

the best combination as far as programs... reason rewired into fruityloops... fl has a better sound engine than reason now... reason has better sounds... fl supports vsts... which reason doesn't...

garage band is overrated... good... but overrated like the mpc.

the best pieces of gear production wise now... in order...

1. Korg Oasys...
2. Roland MC808...
3. Yamaha Motif ES8...

Darkmanner... you aren't missing out on anything with the Triton... really... it's pretty overrated... overused and completely out dated...

The Motif has better flutes... and strings... that's about it... well and the pianos sound better... more life like... not that the roland doesn't have great piano sounds... the motif sounds alot better...
Send a message via AIM to Avalon   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 11:46 PM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
You don't need to buy a mac... you can buy a pc for 1500... that'll work alot better than a mac... <-----if you smoke crack maybe. when you start getting your bugs, glitches and freezes, you'll regret spending MORE money on LESS performance and less reliability there are millions of more programs for pc than mac... it's 10x's easier to fix if you ever need to... why would you need "millions" of programs when you'll only use one? not to mention all the top production and recording programs are on both macs and PC's. Some exclusively on macs.

btw, macs don't break. period. so what could you possibly need to "fix" on a system that has no downtime?

mpc are no where near the best piece of production equipment... what so ever... especially here in the last 3 years... LONG way away... ask Just Blaze... <---baaaaaahaahhahahaha, just blaze swears his life on an mpc. youtube for "justblaze" and you'll see him making one of the illest beats i've ever heard on one as he dickstrokes it. but yeah.... just blaze also uses a mac soooooo.........what does he know, right? apparantly you're the one thats got it all figured out.

the best combination as far as programs... reason rewired into fruityloops... fl has a better sound engine than reason now... reason has better sounds... fl supports vsts... which reason doesn't... now you're saying fruity loops is the best.... dude, you gotta be jokin. fruity loops was designed to make beats for video games and ringtones for cellphones. unless you've used it for decades and your name is 9th wonder, you'd be a fool to use fruity loops like it's the shit. as a matter fact... i can't think of 3 producers with a name that use fruity loops what so ever. if you swear by fruity loops, you might as well be using MTV Music Generator and calling that the best.

garage band is overrated... good... but overrated like the mpc. GB definitely isn't "production software" it's built for recording and also produces. but i wouldn't all GB overrated. its named the greatest free audio program period, even better than a lot of high-buck programs, and it is far and away.

the best pieces of gear production wise now... in order...

1. Korg Oasys...
2. Roland MC808...
3. Yamaha Motif ES8...

Darkmanner... you aren't missing out on anything with the Triton... really... it's pretty overrated... overused and completely out dated...

The Motif has better flutes... and strings... that's about it... well and the pianos sound better... more life like... not that the roland doesn't have great piano sounds... the motif sounds alot better...

you evidently know nothing. stop passing off your half-knowledge like anything even close to fact

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by ∆ P E X X : 01-21-07 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-22-07, 04:46 PM   #12
B.I.G.
B.I.G.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 3AED 28D4

hahaha

Where can I find the Garage Band 2, or that shit

Bizzacckkk
Old 01-22-07, 05:40 PM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

damn i dont have my GB2 disk but i do have my GB1 disk and i can duplicate the program if you need it. once you have it you can DL the update to GB2 or GB3.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.