RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-10, 02:42 AM   #1
_Talksic_
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
how to deal with writers block??

IP: E3B2 594F

its messed up ill start a song and then halfway through ill lose the inspiration to do the song,i literally have a note book with songs that are only half way done,
how do u guys deal with it..
its weird cuz usually just like canibus has said i usually have to much to say and have trouble trying to fit in what i need to, and when i buy a beat i generally ask the beat maker to make the spot for the verse to be longer..
but lately its like i just have writers block and cant finish a song.
what are some strategys that you guys use to get around it?
and its fucked up cuz now days in my opinion theres really no rappers out there to give me inspiration.i know that plays a big role in it so if you have any songs that u think would help go ahead and drop..and thanks.

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..
Old 10-19-10, 03:48 PM   #2
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 514D 8D5D

To be honest I've had that problem for the last 3.5 years.

Part of it is due to my change in lifestyle but I believe its mainly due to the lack of inspirational artists on the scene right now.

I used to listen to nothing but hip hop but its very much the other way round nowadays. I'm more into Rock and music from the 50's - 60's era.

The industry itself nowadays is so shallow I can't relate to it and when I EVER try to write something I just don't feel inspired to complete it.

I think I fell out of love with the hip hop genre a while ago and its a shame because I really did enjoy making tracks and showing people what I did even now people ask if I'm doing it and I kinda get embarassed by it now which again is a shame.

This aint much help to you but if I'm honest I'd like to hear some guys opinions myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 08:34 PM   #3
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: E3CC AB86

smoke a lot of weed and hate yourself. haha
yeah the games fucked up so you should have a lot of material. not only that but the who scene of the world is fucked up. i'm tryin to spit whatever i wanna hear, cuz i haven't been gettin from anywhere else these days, i'm been in the 60's shit and the whole history of music right now drawin from the bigginings of rock and roll and folk, tryin to build my rap up from the roots of music cuz rap these days is mad distorted.
but i have been listenin to up and comer yelawolf, i dont know if he's big yet, but he's gonna pop soon. and listenin to somin fresh is good and inspirering that its still not that good, just original kinda. but recordin wit new people is always good to get the wheels movin again i got time to hop on somin if you buyin the beat : no homo

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 04:51 AM   #4
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 6881 5420

If you write something close to you, something that you can feel in your heart when your pen hits the ink, it should just write itself for you man. If it doesn't it's not meant to be, come back and write another day. It aint just rock & roll and jazz that has soul, hip hop, real hip hop, has soul. If you got soul in that track man it's going to be glorious and the words and rhymes should just flow out of you. That's something these mainstream guys can never do, they never spit from the heart.

If you write that generic club/punchlines joe budden pump it up style shit like I do most of the time then that's a different story. It's all about the mood you're in. I've had times where I only wrote 2 verses and came back to write the 3rd a couple months later. Just always rhyme in your head when your not doing anything and bored like on a train or w/e those kind of occasions and remember all your good punchlines you used and then write those down to start you off and then think of some more by flowing off the words at the end of your bars before that rhyme with it, that limits the amount of words your brain has to think about and makes you focus more so you think of something faster for your next lines, trust me man.

But every once and a while I write that shit that actually means something to me and when I do... it's beautiful it's like not even rap it's poetry like I used to write back in the day and it flows and it has feeling... and it always sounds better then any other shit I write to me..

holla...
Old 10-27-10, 02:12 AM   #5
Red Bull
Adam

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 6E5D FD16

Listen to more Tom Waits.
Old 10-27-10, 07:13 PM   #6
_Talksic_
Addicted

smoking weed would help with the problem but im trying to find a second job right now and if i have to pass a drug screen then id be fucked.
but yea hip hop is being destroying on a mainstream level right now it will always survive in the underground but it is hard finding it sometimes..
and yea yelawolf is pretty sick, peeped him after u posted.
and to jtr, ill have the shit in my heart but it will sometimes only go for just like one verse,but like u said come back and write it later, and also keep rhyming words and think of the subject your rhyming about i always did it not knowing like at the gym or something, but i just realized i need to do that more..but thanks for the advice guys..it did help

Old 10-27-10, 07:25 PM   #7
_Talksic_
Addicted

and big pic im down to send u a beat and get a song going, if you wouldnt mind mixing and mastering it?
and if you want u could or if shes down u could get your girl singing a hook on the track that would be sick also, but it not, no worrys..just think it would make the song alot sicker
but if u did mix it youd have my permission as the owner of the beat to sell the finished product as well.
just post in here and ill pm you the details..

Old 10-28-10, 11:05 AM   #8
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 3999 2BF2

I don't know if I could help you.

I write, but not music. And its a different process, I guess. So usually whenever I hit a wall where I can't think of what to put next I just go out and take a walk... look at the world around me and draw inspiration from that. It works, most of the time.
Old 10-28-10, 11:08 AM   #9
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 3999 2BF2

That or I just kick a few people's asses on COD while trash talking the shit out of them over the headset to piss them off. That works surprisingly well, actually.
Old 10-28-10, 11:35 AM   #10
_Talksic_
Addicted

ill have to try taking a walk...and lol im alright at COD i beat all the special ops in modern warfare, but sence then havnt been online,so not sure how i am online..but pre ordered the new one for playstation..doubt ill have that much time to play it though.