RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Graphical Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-05, 09:48 PM   #1
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

General Tutorial on Programs

IP: E947 754E

A "program" is software that helps someone make graphics. This can include GIMP (G), Photoshop (PS), PaintShopPro (PSP), etc.... To be a good sig maker you have to know your program. You can't just download a program and expect to be good at graphics. Experience teaches you what works and what doesn't. Don't get frustrated if you can't make amazing graphics the first time. I've been doing this for about 2 months and I am just getting somewhere to getting good feedback. How quickly you adapt to your program and how much you learn will determine your time it takes to make good graphics. It also helps if you have rather recent software. I use PS CS, which is the 2nd most recent software but it is still capable of many things so don't think you need the most recent software to be good.

Now, tutorials are good for beginners. They show you what your program is capable of and how you can almost make anything. However, if you need these then only read enough to learn the basics. Blending, text, cutting, etc... You need to develop a style by yourself and you can't do that by reading tutorials.

When you get a program it can be hard to handle the power at your hands. You try to include every render, brush, and anything else you can into your artwork. You need to remember that your first job is to make the artwork look good, but at the same time you need to regulate what you use. Don't take the easy way out because the day will come when you have to actually use your skills and if you use PSD's or just brushes and they ban them, then you are screwed.

Some programs that a lot of people have found that work well with graphics have been narrowed down to two mostly. Photoshop and PaintShopPro. Now GIMP is a free program, and you can download brushes and ish but overall there is a reason it is free. Photoshop is by far the best choice when choosing. The most respected name and it has the best capabilities. PSP is good, but it doesn't hold the potential PS does. It is good, however, it is also harder to learn than PS. If you have time on your hands and a limited wallet, then get PSP. If you have enough money, then buy PS. It will be worth it in the end.

One thing I notice about people is how quick they are to judge graphics by looks. If something looks plain, then they say that and rank it low. When, in reality, it could have been a little more difficult by blending or cutting and they failed to notice. Now, this does not mean graphic heads can slack on backrounds and leaving them plain, but if someone says your sig is plain, but you know that you had to cut or blend a lot of pictures then don't worry.

Brushes, haha. Well everyone knows I love my brushes. Brushes are a certain option you can download for your program to enhance your graphic. It can include pictures, text, or some abstract images. They help you make graphics look scratched, have more in it, or just make a backround more interesting. Do not rely on these to make your graphic. Mostly because if you make graphics for money, then you are using the brushes illegally and can be sued for a lot of money.

There are a lot more aspects of programs, but programs differ in what options they include so I only talked about the general options and the ones that are included in most programs. I hope you realized from reading this that, though a good program often helps, it does not determine how good your graphics can be. People make good drawings from paint, some better then what I have seen come out of PS. So learn your program, don't think the best program will make you the best. It takes experience and knowledge to be a good graphics artist.

Px

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 05-29-05, 12:47 AM   #2
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: D902 A3AD

I took the time to write all that, you can leave some feed.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 05-29-05, 09:02 AM   #3
.Eternal.
inFAMOUS

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5043 32F4

psp isint harder to learn... .... i used a psp before.. it was easy as hell......but it sucks... and ps owned the living shit out of it
Old 05-29-05, 11:58 AM   #4
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: B5AB 55DF

I tried PSP, it was a lot harder to learn how to make good sigs with it. Hattrick uses PSP so ya.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com