RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-09, 08:09 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Belief in self...Dedicated to ALL THOSE HATE

IP: 19D7 9C0F

I've been golfing since I was in school...I started back in 1998 when Tiger first exploded on the scene. I became obsessed with getting good at the game, so I taught myself the fundamentals and practice countless hours...

Anyway, to make a long story short...

If you know anything about golf...you know that shooting "under par", even on your local course, is an achievement worth noting. For one, it is damn near impossible for most average golfers, most of whom won't achieve it in their lifetime. Second, even if you are technically good enough to shoot under par, there is an element of luck involved in golf that can't be controlled.

Well...I'd always believed I could shoot "under par" on my local course...even though I hadn't...

I would always get close, but fall short...

Until September 19th of this year...

I went out thinking I would play a regular round as usual. But, I noticed that I was striking the ball well...

Then, before I knew it, I was 2 under par through 14 holes...

I started saying to myself, "Wow, I can actually shoot under par for the first time, ever."

Then, it all happened. I decided to try to "drive it home" on a short par 4 (270 yard) hole to possibly get an eagle and finish at 4-under par!

Not only did I not eagle the hole...but I didn't birdie it either...I ended up with a DOUBLE BOGEY! Back down to even par for the round.

Then, on the next hole, I hit a good shot into the green...and made the putt!!!! I was 1-under with 3 holes to play...

All I had to do was par out and I'd shoot 1 under....good enough in my book.

I parred the 380 yard 16th hole...

When I got to the short par 3 17th hole...I figured I'd just hit the ball at the center of the green and "get out of dodge"

Anyway...I hit a decent shot to the right of the green...about 30 feet away from the hole.

When I stood over that putt, I intended to just lag it up there...But, as it was tracking toward the hole, I started seeing the possibility of it going in...Then, a second later, it dropped into the cup! I birdied that hole!

I stood on the 18th tee 2-under par...needed just a bogey to finish under par...

I hit a great drive down the middle...THen, hit an even better approach to within 4 feet for another birdie...

I was nervous as hell...

I missed that birdie...but tapped in for a 2-under par score.

It took 11 years to accomplish...But, I never stopped believing I could do it.

And, haters always say..."If you could do it, you would have done it by now"

Not so in every case...

God's time is not our time.

Keep believing.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 02:18 AM   #2
_Talksic_
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C2AE A40D

congrats,but golf is boring...and i suck at it eveytime i try and hit the ball it goes sideways,then i tried happy gilmore style and it didnt work either..havnt tried to golf in years.

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..
Old 11-19-09, 06:27 PM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 19D7 9C0F

man...u blew the point...

golf is irrelevant to the point...jus sayin...and btw, don't hate on golf jus cuz u suck at it

lol

Nah...u kno how haters say u can't do somethin cuz u haven't done it yet? I've always felt that was the most asinine argument...Obviously I haven't done it yet..because...well, I haven't DONE IT YET!

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 06:45 AM   #4
_Talksic_
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C2AE A40D

oh i see see what your saying..yea just believe in yourself and anythings possible,ive been thru something simaler before to and its a the best feeling in the world when you accomplish it..

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..