RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-09, 09:02 PM   #16
Daemon
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2BB6 893F

I haven't seen dragonball in years.
Old 04-14-09, 04:12 AM   #17
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 4008 E147

to be fair this movie has damn near NOTHING to do with the show. goku never went to school, goku met krillin in his early teens, as he met roshi the second time. the piccolo that goku fought in dragonball was king piccolo, theone who spit the egg. i got more but typing on a psp blows lol.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 09:37 AM   #18
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

Well, I can list many reasons how it is EXACTLY like the show and I could also explain the Piccolo shit with ease, I think I already did. The Piccolo he fought in the movie is called "Lord Piccolo" and the Piccolo that appears in the bed 20-30 seconds into the movie credits is "Piccolo Jr." You just don't see the egg in the movie, but the reborn angle is still there if you'd pay attention. Goku needs to be in school because he is a teen and it makes sense that he would be in school. Only reason he wasn't i nthe show Dragonball was because he was like 10 years old. I highly doubt a movie about a 10yr old kicking ass would be able to be made. As for Krillin, he is in the second movie they are already in the works on.. along with a host of other dudes.

I've watched Dragonball, Dragonball Z and GT and I have them all on DVD so I've seen them enough times to know how well they are following the show. Not everything can be exact for movie-making purposes... but in a general sense it follows the show well.
Old 04-14-09, 10:50 PM   #19
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

I'm not saying it didn't have SOME of the show elements, but as a whole it was NOTHING like the show. Piccolo Jr, so to speak would be the Piccolo from DBZ, even as Goku was a teen he STILL never went to to school, as he was training for the tournaments and generally saving the world, Yamcha didn't even make mention of any fighting ability or Puar, or even his shyness about women, Chi Chi wasn't nearly as much of a whore as she was in the movie, and once again, they never met at a school, hell Goku didn't even fall in love with her until they fought in the tourney and decided to get married. The Dragonballs weren't part of some predetermined destiny, The Oozaru had NOTHING to do with Piccolo, speaking nothing on it's lack of size. They cut all of the main plot from Dragonball, and even if they were going with the King Piccolo saga he didn't have any of his real henchmen, as Mai didn't work for him until WAY later and makes no reference to Emperor Pilaf. She also didn't shapeshift. Hmm...what else do I remember about the movie. Oh yeah GOKU killed Gohan in Oozaru, not Piccolo. Generally all they did that coincided with the show was the characters personalities (to an extent), which is fine as it was meant as a reimagining. But to say it followed the show is a fallacy. Because it didn't. It was a decent movie, but it wasn't, nor did it intend to be a splitting image of the manga and anime. Overall it was ok as a stand alone movie, and that's it.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 11:14 PM   #20
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3B5C CC59

dragon ball z is for guys that enjoy penis.

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 04-14-09, 11:48 PM   #21
LaTiNKiTTeN
...i'm da nicest...

Text Record: 12-0
IP: 671F 363D

...chris i miss u
Send a message via AIM to LaTiNKiTTeN   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 09:56 AM   #23
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: AF64 B0FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke Dealer
dragon ball z is for guys that enjoy penis.

nah watching DBZ ain't homo....having heated arguments about that shit is though