RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-06, 02:19 PM   #1
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
I can't "imagine with studio quality" because you'll sound completely different. You'll also react to your sound differently too because you can hear things on better gear that you can't hear on cheap shit.

aka: a whole different rapper.

Signed, Living Proof.

ditto what apexx said... when i got my new mic the difference was incredible... i haven't posted my shyt on SC yet but you've already heard a track or two with the new sound... definitely a diference maker!!!!

not only does it sound better cuz of the equipment but it will also boos t ya confidence and make you wanna experience more in areas that you may have been reluctant to venture into previously...

shyt... my new mic broke me out of a slump

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 08:14 PM   #2
Jay Rose
I don't lose

IP:

ight either or, thanks for breakin down the other stuff tho...quality will be seen as an issue only a lil money can resolve

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 06-26-06, 08:26 PM   #3
L.E
L.E

IP:

www.soundclick.com/limitededitioncan

Stanley's Coming Home
Birds in the Metal
Knight in Shining Armor

Thanks.

Long overdue indeed.
Old 07-09-06, 05:38 PM   #4
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui
www.soundclick.com/limitededitioncan

Stanley's Coming Home
Birds in the Metal
Knight in Shining Armor

Thanks.

Long overdue indeed.

Ennui. You have skill on the mic and your voice carries conviction with it. When people hear you, it's easy to listen because you sound passionate about what you're talking about. EQ your mids up a little to lift your voice off the beats some. Your rhymescheme is extra basic, usually 1-2 syls, and you add insult to injury with more than a few bar-couplets that don't lock, or flat out dont rhyme at all. Things like that, concious errors, erode the impression of your music. Some multis would be nice every once in a blue, just to breathe some variety into the tracks. I see you came a lonnnnnggg way since our last discussion about writing to fit your flow. Apparantly you do this at will, because on that shining armor track you made sure all the shit was on point and plainly put more attention into it than the others I listened to.

Your topics mostly consist of pseudo-emotional topics and songs which is great in small doses, not as a mainstay. People get tired of hearing others stack up their problems, it eventually interprets to "complaining". You can write to seemingly any topic, just something in the packaging. Where are your happy songs, don't you ever have good emotions you want to talk about? Lets hear about em! You have your own style, you just need to branch it out waaayy more man.

You're good at telling stories, and stories require long attention spans. Unfortunately for you, your peers (who are your target audience) have short attention spans. That inherently will make you less marketable. Make those types of tracks way fewer and way more far between. People want music that's easy to listen to as well, music where thy don't always have to give intense focus on what you're saying, they can just "hear" it and vibe to it too if they want. weave some tracks like this into your catalog and you'll see people who were luke-warm on your music will grow to like it, and those that 'liked' your music will grow to 'love' it. It makes you more well rounded, and also lets your tracks be heard in yet another frame of mind. And that = good.

- A

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-06, 01:47 AM   #5
L.E
L.E

IP:

Quote:
Ennui. You have skill on the mic and your voice carries conviction with it. When people hear you, it's easy to listen because you sound passionate about what you're talking about. EQ your mids up a little to lift your voice off the beats some. Your rhymescheme is extra basic, usually 1-2 syls, and you add insult to injury with more than a few bar-couplets that don't lock, or flat out dont rhyme at all. Things like that, concious errors, erode the impression of your music. Some multis would be nice every once in a blue, just to breathe some variety into the tracks. I see you came a lonnnnnggg way since our last discussion about writing to fit your flow. Apparantly you do this at will, because on that shining armor track you made sure all the shit was on point and plainly put more attention into it than the others I listened to.

Your topics mostly consist of pseudo-emotional topics and songs which is great in small doses, not as a mainstay. People get tired of hearing others stack up their problems, it eventually interprets to "complaining". You can write to seemingly any topic, just something in the packaging. Where are your happy songs, don't you ever have good emotions you want to talk about? Lets hear about em! You have your own style, you just need to branch it out waaayy more man.

You're good at telling stories, and stories require long attention spans. Unfortunately for you, your peers (who are your target audience) have short attention spans. That inherently will make you less marketable. Make those types of tracks way fewer and way more far between. People want music that's easy to listen to as well, music where thy don't always have to give intense focus on what you're saying, they can just "hear" it and vibe to it too if they want. weave some tracks like this into your catalog and you'll see people who were luke-warm on your music will grow to like it, and those that 'liked' your music will grow to 'love' it. It makes you more well rounded, and also lets your tracks be heard in yet another frame of mind. And that = good.

- A

Thanks alot man...really appreciate it. Props on this.

And I will work on the things you said.

Old 07-19-06, 12:49 AM   #6
Ca'lam
The Light

IP:

*cough* lol.

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 06-26-06, 08:32 PM   #7
leady
Addicted

IP:

www.myspace.com/mrleady

only got an ooollllddddd song and a freestyle on there

erm

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4059206

few verse previews from some other songs(havent had any vocal editing what so ever to them), but thats about it, i really need to get my arse into gear.
Old 07-09-06, 05:50 PM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
www.myspace.com/mrleady

only got an ooollllddddd song and a freestyle on there

erm

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4059206

few verse previews from some other songs(havent had any vocal editing what so ever to them), but thats about it, i really need to get my arse into gear.

(I peeped the verse previews)

Leady, You'reEQ your mids and high up and your fice will light up when you hear the difference and the clarity in your voice. A well rounded emcee overall, you have variety and spontainety in your lyrics and in your flow. Your beat choices definitly echo the roots of Hip Hop as does your style. You got some punches that'll add light to your verses make listeners chuckle and smile.

The only thing I'd say is that your songs (the ones submitted) all have similar topics, b-boy type braggodocio topics. I mean, you're Leady the Hip Hop Junkie!! That's expected hahaha, and a wide array of topics would make you like...well..sorta like a white KRS. Some collabs with concept artists would blow you up in a big way and make their fans your fans. Marketability is proportionate to the markets you can reach. I tell you this because I know you have the knowledge, the ability, and the platform to apply it.

That's really it man, pick up those mids and highs at tad, and flex your mind muscle on different types of tracks, maybe a few abstract ones and you'd be a top shelf underground artist.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 04:27 AM   #9
leady
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
(I peeped the verse previews)

Leady, You'reEQ your mids and high up and your fice will light up when you hear the difference and the clarity in your voice. A well rounded emcee overall, you have variety and spontainety in your lyrics and in your flow. Your beat choices definitly echo the roots of Hip Hop as does your style. You got some punches that'll add light to your verses make listeners chuckle and smile.

The only thing I'd say is that your songs (the ones submitted) all have similar topics, b-boy type braggodocio topics. I mean, you're Leady the Hip Hop Junkie!! That's expected hahaha, and a wide array of topics would make you like...well..sorta like a white KRS. Some collabs with concept artists would blow you up in a big way and make their fans your fans. Marketability is proportionate to the markets you can reach. I tell you this because I know you have the knowledge, the ability, and the platform to apply it.

That's really it man, pick up those mids and highs at tad, and flex your mind muscle on different types of tracks, maybe a few abstract ones and you'd be a top shelf underground artist.

thanks man, thats really appreciated yeh as of late im switching up my topics n shit, n im now getting the producers of the beats to mix and edit my vocals with the beat properly to create that crisp sound n shit like that, so watch for sum new material with sum crisp production and more variation of topic.

thanks again man, its nice to see sum1 actually understand my style and what im trying to do and exactly where it gets the inspiration from.
Old 06-26-06, 09:46 PM   #10
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

IP:

bleh..lol nice though Apexx...

Ill go ahead and do this..even though my quality might be a bad factor..

First Real Track - Shorty -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3878532

Dear Lord -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4100635

Dkon Diss -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4087886

'Pexx you need to send me some new equipment :P
Old 07-09-06, 06:04 PM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid_Sense
bleh..lol nice though Apexx...

Ill go ahead and do this..even though my quality might be a bad factor..

First Real Track - Shorty -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3878532

Dear Lord -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4100635

Dkon Diss -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4087886

'Pexx you need to send me some new equipment :P

Sense, damn man, your quality sounds like a slice of ass-cake. That alone makes your marketability a goose egg since no consumer at any level wants to listen to poor quality music, no matter HOW good it is. It's a shame too since your voice has a harmony that that steaming shit log of a mic just can't capture. It backfires on you too because you can't groom the good habits that a voice like yours calls for. Your topics are nice man nice array, something for everybody, that's big. Your track "Dear Lord" is probbly the most entertaining "I'm down with god" track I've listenend to, mostly in how you approached it. Should have let ther instrumental ride out some more, the melody after a track like that makes a great runway for peoples thoughts about wht you said since anyone listening will reflect on their own experiences.

EQing helps any situation, so i suggest you read up on it (thread in this forum) and apply what's within to bring your stuff up. On that DKon diss, you sounded like you wrote it in a rush because it wasn't as fluid as the other tracks I heard. That applies for the delivery and for the flow, in some parts you mumble, and in others, it sounds like you're a victim of your own poor sylable conservation - factors that weren't prevelant on the other submissions. Don't drop your standards man, it always comes back to bite you.

Learn to EQ - and then apply it, then get a new mic, and you'll be sitting on a launch pad fueled by your lyrics and inate sense of creativity.

Pexx

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-27-06, 04:08 AM   #12
7.Curse
New to RV

IP:

thnx a lot Apexx. all things ive heard (minus the EQing)...and ive been working on. (u shud have heard my first album...it was an insult to Hip hop.). and just for clarification...My Hip Hop was kind of a Joke song...just trying sumtin in the manner of Eminem.

but overall...thnk u very much for the advice. will def take it hard. pz

"Its not poker, but ill break ya ass wit one hand "

Send a message via AIM to 7.Curse   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 03:56 PM   #13
Konvict_NYC
Light Weight

IP:

yay im next ...

N.O.K

SpuL - 10/10
Shere Kaughn - 10/10
Speats - 20/10
and more

Send a message via AIM to Konvict_NYC Send a message via MSN to Konvict_NYC   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 06:56 PM   #14
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

SPul
UNF
LE
Leady
Sense

bTW I see you guys with the convo about better gear and hell yeah I completely agree. I'm just refrainign from responding in order to keep this on topic lol.

onehunnit

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-28-06, 10:36 PM   #15
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP:

1. Fuckin Wit Chu
2. Hip Hop Police
3. Almighty OYD

www.myspace.com/enygmasmusic

Word......