RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-05, 08:45 PM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Ying Yang Twins -- United State of Atlanta

IP: 7171 290E

tha twins of crunk have dropped their third album, and knowin me, i went and bought it. And now you will find whether tha twins produced fire or a flop...

1. All Good Things [Intro] - Very tacky, i did not understand the premice to this intro, all it is, is d-roc sayin all good things come to an end for 1:29....pointless. 4/10

2. Fuck The Ying Yang Twins - intro to this track is hella funny, twins clownin on sum niggas, no doubt will bring a laff to u. The beat is dope, but the flow is off, it doesnt go with the beat. The whole time i was waiting for sum tight punchlines, i was waiting the whole damn track basically. 7/10 [only becuz the beat]

3. Long Time [Ft/Anthony Hamilton] - this track seems very out of place on a ying yang twins album, sounds like a track that missed the cut for a Luther Vandross album. Very disappointed in the twins makin ballods. 6/10

4. Live Again [Ft/Adam Levine] - This track is odd also, its like an uptempo ballod. Have the twins gone EMO?!?!?!?!?!...WEAK 7/10

5. We At War [skit] - LOL very funny skit. 8/10

6. Ghetto Classics - Retarded song, sounds like something Barney would make if he went explicit. the beat sounds like rugrats produced it, this track has nothing going for it. 4/10

7. The Courthouse [skit] - Another Funny skit, could the best track on the album be a skit?!?!?! 8/10

8. 23 Hr. Lock Down [Ft/Bun-b] - ANOTHER slow track, the twins have gone very commercial, its not even funny. the track itself isnt that bad tho, maybe thats becuz i am biased towards bun-b, thas my nigga. 8/10

9. Sex Therapy 101 [skit] - LOL funny skit bout how to get a woman. 8/10

10. Wait - Yes we have all heard this song, all tha females love it. No doubt this is a club banger. good track overall 9/10

11. Sex Therapy 102 [skit] - Another funny skit bout how uh nigga should do to uh female wen tryna get sum. 8/10

12. Pull My Hair - Dope track, very similar to Wait, the beat is slow but dope, the flow is almost similar. Kane doesnt even sound the same on this track, sounds like z-ro. 9/10

13. Sex Therapy 103 [skit] - Yes once again, another funny skit, idea is gettin played tho, real quik, skit talks about 4play...8/10

14. Bedroom Boom [Ft/Avant] - the beat would be DOPE AS FUCK if it wasnt for the gay ass Zelda bells, i swear to god. But this track is a joke. Avant does his thing, but them twins sound like shit, word. 7/10 [your welcome Avant]

15. Tha Walk [Ft/ Da Muzicians, Countrie Biggz, Homebwoi & BG] - OMG a track that isnt slow?!?!?! this track is ehh, notta bad line-up tho. BGizzle does his thang no doubt. 8.5/10

16. Hoes [Ft/ Jacki-O] - No Doubt, my new anthem..."I Hate Hoes n Hoes Hate Me"..finally a track that sounds like tha good old crunk twins. 9/10

17. Badd [Ft/Dyke Jones & Mr.Collipark] - Dope track on tha realness, even if it does feature dyke jones. i still bang dat hoe in muh car.. 9.5/10

18. Put That Thang Down - soemthing about this beat reminds me of a hot track thats out right now, cant quite name it but i kno ive ehard it before. another solid track...3-in-a-row...maybe were gettin tha hang of things...8.5/10

19. Shake [Ft/Pitbull] - At frist listen this song sounds dope as fuck, but after a while it gets old, quik. but overall not a bad track 8/10

20. My Brother's Keeper [Ft/ Anwar] - ANOTHER slow song, but i actually like this one. deffinatley touches on tha whole brotherly love thang. 9/10

21. Dedication & Upcoming Events [Skit] - basically dem niggas givin a heads-up on upcomin events wit labels n shit....cant really grade it so ill give it a 7/10

22. U.S.A. - BEST TRACK ON THA WHOLE ALBUM...tha piano adds a dope effect to the whole vibe. This track is wut ive been looking for the whole album...10/10

23. Wait Remix [Ft/ Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, Lil Scrappy, Free & Mr. Collipark] - this is better then the original track, lil scrappy kills the track, word...OWNED...10/10

OVERALL - 7.5/10.......DISAPPOINTMENT

i was very disappointed in how many slow ballods i encounterd on this album, i was lookin for goo-gobs of club bangers, only to be disappointed. the Twins are officially commercial rap. If any1 who bought Me and my Brother was plannin on buying USA becuz they thought the dopeness would rollover to the new album, DONT. waste of good money, go buy Cassidy's new album..word..peace out...look for sum new reviews soon niggas

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 07:43 AM   #2
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 0D11 88C9

thnx for the review nice man but really it aint that of a dissapointment if its 7.5 i think its an aight album maybe not what u expected but still i mite get it.....

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 06:29 PM   #3
Ltizzle
Seattle Hat Wit A Lean

Graphics Record: 17-5
IP: 2B9D 28F8

good lookin on the review
but i wasnt gon get this shit anyways....lol

---------------------------
Lucky Boy Beats: Owner & Producer
http://www.myspace.com/luckyboybeats
----------------------------------------------
Gunn Play: Rv's Original Duo
Dash Canceling To A Computer Near You

MAS ON EM! 4 LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Ltizzle   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 09:36 PM   #4
Kajal
Flyweight

IP: CF33 35B5

^ neither was i. i may d/l a couple of the best on there..
Old 07-01-05, 02:01 AM   #5
K-Trini
Banned: Cheating

IP: 6AA9 3C1D

I ain't gon pay attention to your review.I just saw you gave Wait a 9/10 and I said fuck you.Anyone who likes that songs needs to die.
Send a message via AIM to K-Trini   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-05, 07:44 PM   #6
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

^ummmm dont come in my threads wit hate for my reviews, as i said, these are MY reviews, if u dont like them, dont bother posting or reading my reviews, or do us all a favour and choke on a fatass dick nigga.

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-05, 05:48 PM   #7
DIPLOMATTIC
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 28AD 5545

that album was ok
Old 07-20-05, 09:57 PM   #8
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 1F18 A80F

what makes people like "wait"
i just din't get it, to me its the worst song i've ever heard, but lots of people sayin they its dope...???
Old 07-20-05, 10:11 PM   #9
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

it is dope....INTIMATE CLUB MUSIC MOVEMENT!!!!

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 07-20-05, 10:14 PM   #10
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP: 1F18 A80F

they dont even sing.. its all whispering, just annoying
Old 07-21-05, 12:16 AM   #11
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
IP: 865C 284C

the Ying Yang Twins, Mike Jones, LIL Jon, Paul Wall, and David Banner should really be shot and killed they nuthin but fuckin trash all they all do is say the same shit over and over bout nuthin nobody cares bout and they so fuckin stupid they act stupid and anybody even on their nutz a lil should burn in hell for eternety all this crunk shit is doin is ruinin hip hop and rap, all they are and all they have been is fuckin commercial, makes me fuckin sick just thinkin of this shit, u gave Wait a 9/10?????? that shit makes Vannilla Ice look like 2pac cuz thats how wack it was, none have no in vocab, they dont even belong in any muzik genre they so wack, thats not even muzik, its just all repetitive phrases that nobody gives a fuck bout except for all these consistant lil fuckin dickriderz and groupies thats out there, and people fuckin wonder why rap is goin under its cuz people are fuckin too blind ta tear aprt trash from dope tracks
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-05, 01:47 PM   #12
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP: B409 4C66

^^yea, i was just about to say that
lil jon's good as a producer, tho
Old 07-21-05, 03:06 PM   #13
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Aim
the Ying Yang Twins, Mike Jones, LIL Jon, Paul Wall, and David Banner should really be shot and killed they nuthin but fuckin trash all they all do is say the same shit over and over bout nuthin nobody cares bout and they so fuckin stupid they act stupid and anybody even on their nutz a lil should burn in hell for eternety all this crunk shit is doin is ruinin hip hop and rap, all they are and all they have been is fuckin commercial, makes me fuckin sick just thinkin of this shit, u gave Wait a 9/10?????? that shit makes Vannilla Ice look like 2pac cuz thats how wack it was, none have no in vocab, they dont even belong in any muzik genre they so wack, thats not even muzik, its just all repetitive phrases that nobody gives a fuck bout except for all these consistant lil fuckin dickriderz and groupies thats out there, and people fuckin wonder why rap is goin under its cuz people are fuckin too blind ta tear aprt trash from dope tracks

thats all fine and dandy that you think that but seeing how it is blowing up and most of the populous loves it, seems that you are out numbered....

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 07-21-05, 06:52 PM   #14
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
IP: 865C 284C

yeah that why hip-hop dead, dont go by what every cat sayz or likez...i dont care if im outnumbered a million ta one...my opinion is never gon change...no way am i reprsentin that crunk shit
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 07:01 PM   #15
B.I.G.
B.I.G.

IP: DD02 1081

hmmm I though it was a better album, the only good guest appearences are:

-Bun B
-Mike Jones
-Avant
-All the ones on the remix

*nuf said*

nice review!