RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-05, 12:42 AM   #1
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

Kanye West- Late Registration

IP: 1152 1C7A

i just copped that new Kanye, so i figured i'd let u know whether or not it's worth spendin money on......

tracklist:
1.Wake Up Mr. West
2.Heard 'Em Say feat. Adam Levine of Maroon 5
3.Touch the Sky feat. Lupe Fiasco
4.Gold Digger feat. Jamie Foxx
5.Broke Phi Broke Skit: 1
6.Drive Slow feat. Paul Wall & GLC
7.My Way Home feat. Common
8.Crack Music feat. The Game
9.Roses
10.Bring Me Down feat. Brandy
11.Addiction
12.Broke Phi Broke Step
13.Diamonds (from Sierra Lione) remix feat. Jay-Z
14.We Major feat. Nas & Really Doe
15.Broke Phi Broke: skit 2
16. Hey Mama
17.Celebration
18.Broke Phi Broke: imposter
19.Gone feat. Consequence & Cam-Ron
20.Diamonds (from Sierra Lione)
21. Bonus Track (I'll be late for that)

1.Bernie Mac, sorta like from College Dropout.... he plays Kanye's teacher in this and it's funny as hell

2.Heard Em Say- has some nice piano samplin that goes with the snare pretty well to make a simple but dope beat.... Kan's verses are nice, mostly the concept is "shit happens, but u gotta get thru it".... Adam's got a nice voice..... pretty good, nice single 8.5/10

3.Touch the Sky- oh shit... anybody that likes Kanye beats is gonna be feelin this one..... got horns and violins and the drum set.... damn..... Kanye's verses are sick.... mostly talkin bout doin what he does and makin it in the biz..... Lupe killed this shit! simple but got nice synonyms and metas in there..... made a name for himself on Kan's label, i'm gonna cop his albulm when it drops...... 9/10

4.Gold Digger- i'm sure everyone's heard this single already.... beat is actually kinda annoying to me, but that's probably cuz of the repitition..... talkin about gold diggers like the title suggests...... Jamie's got that Ray Charles thing goin on...... Nice voice, but obviously just sampled...... 7.5-8/10 depending on ur tastes

5.funny as hell.... introduces Broke Phi Broke Fraternity to listener, skit continues throughout albulm

6.Drive Slow- Sick Beat... got that hit the road Jack sample on the piano and a tenor sax..... very nice beat..... Kanye killed this.... on that story tellin shit..... 1st verse talks about him comin up a little...... 2nd verse is Paul Wall.... wow @ the amount of syllables...... i almost think a ghostwriter wrote his verse.... nice, mostly self-glorification..... 3rd verse is GLC...... clear voice, i'm feelin this.... damn.... mostly self-glorification, but i'm really feelin his style......... 10/10

7.My Way Home- Common..... wow.... if ur into Common Sense, like his original music, ur gonna feel this a lot... nice bass for the beat.... mixed with the eletric piano it comes across well...... lol.... tell me why Kanye ain't even on this.... 8/10

8.Crack Music- Kanye on some politcal shit.... i'm feelin this... nice drum set and horns on the beat..... "crack, raised the murder rate in DC and Maryland we, invested in that, it's like we got Marill Lynched"..... Kanye lyrically murdered this one...... kinda upset me that he took Game's verse off..... Game's only on the chorus, but cop Game's mixtape if u wanna hear all of it..... 8.5/10

9.Roses- song about when his grandmother was sick..... really nice piano..... nice story..... love that choir thing he's got goin on in the chorus...... choir again at the end..... this one ur either feelin or ur not..... i liked it.......... 8.5/10

10.Bring Me Down- Brandy on the Chorus at beginning and end..... i love her acapella...... nice...... Kan brought the violins, drumset, and piano out for this beat, but it doesn't sound like he over-did it..... my favorite song on the albulm..... basically talkin about ppl hatin on him...... how he's gettin past that to do his thing....... Brandy's voice is great on this..... 1 verse, short and sweet.... 10/10

11.Addiction- lol, i'm addicted to this damn beat! idk what it is exactly, some kind of synthesizer...... got congos and drumset too basically talking about being addicted to a girl.... feelin this chorus..... 10/10

12.lol, funny as hell.... Broke Phi Broke step.... "got no money, ain't got no clothes... ain't got no car... can't pull no hoes!"

13.Diamonds remix- 1st verse is Kanye, it's new.... i'm feelin this a lot.... kinda hops topics a little.... glorification of his label mixed in with the Sierra Lione conflict message...... 2nd verse is from the original, but Jay jumps in in the middle..... Jay-Z was hot on this track...... self glorification, but very sick...... "Bleek could be 1 hit away his whole career, as long as i'm alive he's a millionaire, and even if i die he's in my will somewhere, so he could just kick back and chill somewhere, oh yeah, he don't even have to write rhymes, the Dynasty like my money last 3 lifetimes"..... lol, cocky mafucka, but it's true...... 9.5/10

14.We Major- not feelin this beat like i was feelin the others..... horns and chimes...... sounds too crowded for my tastes..... self-glorification and story tellin...... verses were really good for bein on that beat..... Really Doe was like an extended chorus, nuthin too hot, but Nas came pretty nice on this.... 7/10

15.funny as hell! "eating cereal with forks to save the milk"

16.Hey Mama- apprectiating mama song.... nice sample throughout.... drumset+vocals+clapping sound= a unique and sick beat..... nice song.... one of those that would never be a club banger, but makes u feel good when u listen to it..... 7.5/10

17.Celebraton- calm beat...... synthesizer+background vocals.... Kan is ok, but really simpe lyrics on this.... u can tell he's gettin cocky, cuz this wouldn't make it on his 1st albulm.... not whack, but not particularly hot.... mostly self-glorification...... 6.5/10

18.Broke Phi Broke..... funny as hell.... Kanye gets kicked out of broke phi broke cuz he's got money.....

19.Gone- nice piano+vocal samplin...... Cam killed this! i don't even really like Cam'Ron, but no one could honestly say he didn't come hot on this track..... Kan was really nice on this too.... beat changes on hook, and it's even better.... lmao, beat changes for each verse too...... 9.5/10

20.Diamonds (from Sierra Lione)- same old shit, i know u've all heard the original.... nice, talks about the conflict diamonds..... beat is a mixture of piano, synthesizer and drumset...... 8.5/10

21.Bonus Track- old school beat that's hard to explain.... beat changes..... nice vocal samplin..... Kan comes nice on this.... sorta sounds like he's freeing it..... kinda nice..... 8.5/10

overall- hot as hell.... if u liked Kanye before, ur gonna like him even more.... cop it, don't burn it, u might miss something........

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-05, 01:13 AM   #2
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: DAC1 506F

Good Review, but homie...on that first track, that isn't Bernie Mac. If you read the track credits on the album, you would see it says, "Additional Vocals by Deray". Not "B.Mac". But, I admit, I thought it was Bernie Mac too. Sounds alot like him. At first I thought it was Cedric the Entertainer also.

Oh,and "Celebration" is a 10/10....well, I think so, but it's ur review
Old 01-10-06, 02:32 AM   #3
Mc Wicked
Flyweight

IP: 4B18 4765

This record wasnt that bad but it aint shit compared to Collage Dropout.. instint fuckin classic
Old 01-14-06, 07:14 PM   #4
*Antic*
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F557 5BE5

Late Registration is fuckin' sicc...beats are good, lyrics are good, and it's not typical bullshit like alot of the shit out right now.
Old 01-14-06, 07:54 PM   #5
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

This CD got old SOOO fast for me. I didn't think it was that great. I just don't like Kanye West very much, though.
Old 01-24-06, 03:49 PM   #6
Shawn Phillips
pSa - We Ridin Harder Then Blondes

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 0AC8 1559

not as good as his first one, but its still hot, 9/10

!
My Soundclick
My Myspace

PSA Lets Ride!
Old 01-27-06, 11:18 AM   #7
Chris Millz
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Somethin To Prove

IP: 10CE 519B

the nigga kanye doin it so big
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Millz   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-06, 02:26 AM   #8
Sik Wit It

IP: EB37 FE1E

Broke Phi Broke, we aint got it, Broke Phi Broke, we aint got it
We broke, broke, br-broke, phi broke, we aint got it
We broke, broke, br-broke, phi broke, we aint got it
Don't spend no money, aint got no clothes,
Aint got no cars, can't ge no hoes
We broke, broke, broke, phi br-broke, we aint got it
We broke, broke, broke, phi br-broke, we aint got it
Got no money, (got no money), aint got no clothes (got no clothes)
Aint got no car (got no car), can't get no hoes
We broke, broke, broke, br-broke, bunch of niggas
Broke, broke broke, br-broke
Old 01-28-06, 02:22 PM   #9
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Word @ the boondocks explosion on RV.
Old 01-28-06, 11:05 PM   #10
Sik Wit It

IP: EB37 FE1E

^Keepin the Boondocks..... alive.
Old 02-09-06, 06:14 AM   #11
AITZ
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-14
IP: 4E07 D7A7

this cd has gained alot of dust...

Urban Expression ayo...we need ppl come and check it out

Can You Do Us A Favour And Vote

(2)Ikaros vs Aitz(0)
I Will RTF
Send a message via AIM to AITZ Send a message via MSN to AITZ   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 03:57 PM   #12
$howtim3
New to RV

IP: 6B1F 8FF6

not better than College Dropout...but still a good album

------------------------------------------------------

Open Battle(s)

Send a message via AIM to $howtim3   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 09:23 PM   #13
Black City
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-5