RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Museum > Hall of Names
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-08, 07:01 PM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Mimesis

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

Mimesis

Who is Mimesis?
Mimesis is one of the all time greats to ever battle on RapVerse. But, more than that he was one of the few genuinely cool guys the site has. He has a great personality and was quite often found dropping some intellectual knowledge in the Cerebral Approach. He gave a lot of insight into some of the world’s greatest questions. When he wasn’t amazing people with his brainpower he was leaving them in hysterics with some of his classic light and often-inappropriate humour. There has been countless times when a heated argument has suddenly been squashed simply because Austin came in and posted some random ass comment that left both parties with something to laugh about. During his time on the site he has been involved in or solely responsible for many of the more memorable moments and is truly recognised as one of the greats.

Mimesis, the Moderator
There have been moderators that have come and gone on RapVerse; you can count the good ones on one, maybe two hands. Mimesis was one of those guys. He has great experience having run his own league consistently for countless months, ensuring that everything was put up on time. His run as co-moderator of the Lyricist Lounge though showcases just how good of a moderator he truly is. Even during the months away from the site, he has remained as moderator because he is that damn good. Along with Nostradamus he has maintained an unmatched level of activity. There has rarely been any beef or hate threads that have gone unchecked. Unlike most moderators, Mimesis (and Nos) put a stop to practically every attempt at hate/beef threads and worked hard to maintain a chill atmosphere which everyone appreciated.

80 Battles, Undefeated
There are people that can make claims to all kinds of streaks, but Mimesis is one of the small handful that can do so with proof to back it up. Outside of recorded battles, he has only been beaten a few times. However, when it came down to the battles that would forever remain on his record (unless he got it reset, lol), Mimesis has an untouched record. Now, many people have like a 25-0 record, which in itself is good, but to attain an undefeated streak with so many battles is extremely difficult. The only other guy I know who has done such a feat on RapVerse is Nostradamus. Also, make no mistake; Mimesis didn’t settle into a rhythm of beating weak battlers. He went up against some of the best on the site such as King Solo, 9th Degree and N.Tavarez and he beat them all.

Aggressive Originality
There have been a variety of styles to hit the site, some have sucked major ass and some have been memorable. Mimesis had one of the latter styles. He opted to venture away from the carbon copied battlers that built their style around the majority of RapVerse styles and battled with one that was all his own. His bars were sparked with some of the greatest originality to ever appear on RapVerse and they were delivered with such an aggressive swing it left voters and even his opponents in awe. From beginning to the end his vicious swagger never waned, he would even grace his opponents with some trash talking before even dropping a verse. Whether it was deemed necessary or not, it sort of became the opening foundation on which his verses were built, and without it I don’t think his verses would have been so enjoyable. It was this style that enabled him to get to the Semi Finals of the KORV3 Tournament and also win the 2nd Annual Tag Tournament with his partner, 9th Degree. He battled with a great style that I don’t think will ever or could ever be 100% properly duplicated.

Last edited by The Curator : 12-23-08 at 08:06 AM.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 06:49 PM   #2
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 3854 963A

THE ORIGINAL NOOB BASHER!! lmfao jk

lol mimesis had the same swagger as I did if i was battling someone I didn't like or didn't respect, I always had that aggresive swag too, that was really noticable in our KORV battle, dudes really started trying to copy our swag cuz we were some of the few dudes on RV who could successfully incomperate our emotions into our verses, like pancakes nah mean?

And dude completely fucked up the LBL too
Old 08-21-08, 02:08 PM   #3
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

lol, alright delete my post and dont answer the question

Fine, just for your satisfaction. Mimesis was accused of biting, the evidence was questionable and so it was concluded by the grand majority that he didn't bite. Strobe also agreed he did not bite, hence the reason why he wasn't banned. - Nick Fletcher.

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Last edited by LL Cool K : 08-23-08 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-08-08, 05:58 PM   #4
Magic5

IP: 060C C79E

Shit, I didn't even notice this until now. Thanks bruh.
Old 09-23-10, 08:14 PM   #5
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 6881 5420

JTR vs. Mimesis = best battle in RV history
Old 03-02-15, 08:47 AM   #6
Whatsup.doc
Herb

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: BC06 E523

I'm pretty sure I beat the Yostmeister
Old 03-13-15, 09:57 PM   #7
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: E4D0 F51E

Heard he bit all of his shit tbqh

King of Missouri

I Fucked Mack's Mom. And I Liked It.

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote