RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-03, 10:16 AM   #61
LM
Drop Of Genius

Text Record: 38-15
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DF7B C8F7

Yeah one day it will. The whole pop music shit is all corny and boybands make me sick, girlbands are sluts. I'm sick of seein pop music dominate the charts, there should be a mixture of music genres in the charts.

Old 10-18-03, 11:19 AM   #62
Bigg E Z
Pleas, Not the teeth...!!

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 858F EA80

were jus really underground at the mo......were like 15 years behind usa.....but....ya gotta be honest and say that allot of uk cats have skill....and sometimes, better than most USA comercial peeps.....

face it....were growing to compete with u all....and by the looks of it....were gona give yall a run for ya cheap ass DOLLAZ..!!!
Send a message via AIM to Bigg E Z   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-03, 11:56 AM   #63
Stark
New to RB

IP: 2B90 F21F

you can say that all you want, its not gonna change anything. you may have some good rappers overthere, but we probably have about 50x more, so its no competition. i dont see a uk rapper ever topping the charts in the US. im not saying that there arent any good rappers, im sayig that shit from britain will not be as succesful as US hip hop.

just my opinion..
Old 10-18-03, 12:04 PM   #64
LM
Drop Of Genius

There's nothin stoppin a British rapper makin it big in the states if he/she manages to get a deal over here. Good music should be recognized no matter where you go. I mean who woulda thought that Daniel Beddingfield would crack America. He's bigger over there than he his here. Different type of music but the message is the same.

Old 10-18-03, 12:07 PM   #65
Bigg E Z

IP: 858F EA80

OK OK....ill name 2 names that USA want to go and perform there and drop albums there...

1.Roots Manuva
2.57th Dynasty...

them 2 names are gettin maaaad reviews in the states....i aint sayin that in the next year well be collectin Platinum plaques off u guys...im sayin that one day we will.....Give us time to be as mainstream as u....I mean u guys gross over $300,000,000 anualy with comercial hip hop....UK, maybe £10,000,000....IF WERE LUCKY...!!!

give us time....and well get our props from yall
Old 10-18-03, 02:22 PM   #66
Stark
New to RB

IP: 2B90 F21F

ok, first of all, who the fuck is gonna buy that music? i dont care how good they are, i know most of the american hip hop audience wont buy british hip hop, not cuz theyre not good, but cuz we cant relate to it. you say that good music should be recoginzed everywhere, but u as well as i know that thats not the case where we are today. how many underground rappers that arent getting recognition and are better than 80% of mainstream rappers are there? we dont give a shit about hearing what you all have to say and about how life is there, therefore, it will not be succesful here. call us ignorant, but thats just the way it is.
Old 10-18-03, 02:56 PM   #67
Bigg E Z

IP: 1833 F518

Damn man.....U cant relate to UK hip hop....Why..??

Do we bounce on Trampoleens all day in a Country full of pink hills wearing yellow baby clothes or something..!!

Same shit is going on...!!!

Come on man.....take ur noob ass offline and think of some real excuse..!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-03, 05:00 PM   #68
LM
Drop Of Genius

I've just had a really fucked up thought. Who mentioned America in the first place. When I said somebody will blow up I might of just meant over here and America will just be a really good bonus. Look at Robbie Williams, he is god over here, but that aint the case in America. Still he got an £80,000,000 contract deal (I dunno how much that is in $). So blowin up doesnt necessairily mean in the States eventhough that would be nice.

Old 10-18-03, 06:09 PM   #69
*Y_nOt*
Light Weight

IP: ABE5 5A5C

Another reason why yall dont have any U.K emcees blowin up is b/c yall dont have any mix tape circuts going around. Like over here on the east coast we have mix tapes that feature a veriety of new emcee's who promote themselves and they music. Like "Stretch Armstrong", "Dj Kay Slay", "Dj Enuff and Kast1", "Kid Capri", "Dj Clue"....to name a few. Just like in Southern Cali and in some places in the South West of America, like britian they have no real mix tape dj's make'n like over 10 cds a week with new artists and songs to pump out into the streets!! Being born in N.Y.C has made me really lucky b/c over here we have so many dj's who make mix tapes everyday!!! Everyday i can go down round the corner to the cd store and cop any new mix tape cd wit all new songs and know who's comin up and be aware of what hip-hop is leading to. I think that if maybe some dj's had mix tapes of local "British" emcees that can hit a large amount of people all around europe or w/e then yall can make you names out their and get known. Thats how you gotta do it and until the U.K learns that yall arent gonna go no wheres with rappin. How do you think artists like "50 Cent" and "Joe Budden" (to name a few) got they names out their. I mean it was like on every mix tape out their was always new freestyles and songs by them and they kept they music fresh in the streets wich attracted mad peeps to pick up on them and be like "DAMN!!! Who the fuk is this!!! cat is tiight!!!!!". Then as we all know EM, picked up a mix tape her fitty and signed him.

.........Idk, just a thought....1

" So for the 2nd time [The Pharisses] summoned the man who had been blind and said
"Speak the truth before God. We know this man is a sinner."
"Wether he is a sinner I do not know."
:The man replied:
"All I know is this...Once I was blind and now I can see"
John 1x 24-26
Old 10-18-03, 08:03 PM   #70
HK The Great
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: F1BB 0A25

u mentioned that u dont have to blow up in the us to blow up... i know what u mean, but like, we the only country grossin billions off rap and hip hop, everywhere else they listen to pop music mainly or like music of the country... rap isnt accepted world wide like other genres of music, sure everywhere there is hip hop but its not like people that are mainstream in other countrys are goin platinum, em is a great ass rapper and like his cds never went more then gold or some shit like that.... so blowin up is blowin up over here in the us... and like it was stated before, mainstream is bullshit, u can have great skillz but no be recognized so u can go ahead and be better then everybody mainstream, and blow the fuck up, then u lose whatever cred u had for being an artist and now ur a sellout, so if u wanna be underground, and get real respect, u gotta be better then every underground rapper, dead or alive, since ur already the underdog... also i dont mean this to diss uk rap or nothin cuz im sure u like it, and u can like it all u want, dont mean anyone here or anywhere else will like it, ive heard one dude, that foo Classified, he is ok but hes white, so theyll think its a gimmick if he ever gets signed here, and then everyone know that foo never picked up a gun and shot nobody, hed have to get his style straight, then be real... and not sayin white people cant rap but like look at all the white rappers... exactly 1 blew up and stayed on fire... EMINEM... so if u wanna sell AND have real respect, be better then EM, then come over here and ill buy that shit, clown and shit on it, cuz They a gimmick, a wanna be Em... and thats how most think about it, but no hate, i guess u got skillz, im just not feelin ur lyrics, cuz i spilt my tea and burnt my bizquits... and LM i wanna battle u dogg, u seem alright and i need a win..... ill set it up in BITCHED SLAPPED.... payce
Old 10-18-03, 08:42 PM   #71
/:Ayura:\

Text Record: 0-1
IP: CC07 EC19

i dont think american people know what its like in the uk. we have a great club scene, and alchohal is better as well
Old 10-19-03, 04:59 AM   #72
LM
Drop Of Genius

IP: 9B91 D0C6

What hardcore said bout us wantin to be eminems. I mentioned that earlier aswell. I think. Everybody thnks we copy em just coz we're white. And we dont have to have shot somebody to be a rapper like somebody mentioned. How many rappers do you truthfully think have shot someone. They could just be sayin it to up their sales.

Peace!!!

Old 10-19-03, 09:18 PM   #73
redragon
Banned 4 biting

Text Record: 4-5
IP: ABE5 5A5C

sucks
Send a message via AIM to redragon Send a message via Yahoo to redragon   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-03, 12:44 AM   #74
HK The Great
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 7A5D 5894

im not sayin all u want to be eminems, im just sayin ur gonna have to be better then him since hes the best out right now, and i dont think most rappers shot anybody, its the credibilty, and believe ability, and that dude sayin they have a tight club scene, go ahead, what the fuck does that have to do wit hip hop and rap???.... so u guys have clubs, ok, doesnt mean ur country has more skill then ours, just means u have some tight clubs... get it?... and well, most rappers say they gon shot somebody, i doubt they ever have or will, but thats the image they sendin off, and thats what makes it believable... no body in they right mind would believe, staga lee would gat someone up, so i doubt he says that shit, and if he did, i would fuckin walk up to him piss on his face, jack his chain... but as for u blowin up here... u can, if u found a style we feel, and thats original, and u stick to clubs and try not to be real rappers.... thats just my opinion based on what ive seen
Old 10-20-03, 03:37 AM   #75
Emerge

Text Record: 0-1
IP: A969 3BB1

man fuck the uk they can all suck my dick and as far as rap goes man u cant spit shit that u wont ever do havent done or is liable to do why u think 50 is hot??? u cant tell me that nigga hasnt shot a couple of people why u think pac was hot??? cuz he was real all the real powerhouses of rap spit real shit damn yo even eminems white ass pistol whipped some fu and check it we dont care about ure pansy ass wankin bitches, take sometime to let this sink in drink some tea and realized that u just arent for rap! the day a brit becomes mainstream in us is the day i will no longer listen to rap...sure u might be able to rhyme well but anybody can rhyme well it takes REAL SHIT to be ill!!!!!!!! u faggots oh yeah one more thing FUCK YOU AND URE COUNTRY!!!