RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Tag Team Tournament
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-04, 03:50 PM   #1
Poppa Kap
Banned: Spamming

Tag Team Magazine

IP: 509D 5063

Tag Team Magazine

Im your favourite battle journalist Amil Bich aka Apo & im writing up for the tag team tournament aswell. Here will include interviews, battle reviews/predictions & highlights. Being the first week I will do my best with the predictions & Ill just give you my thoughts of what is to come.

In general I think people will come a lot harder due to the fact we are working w/ our partner as a TEAM, meaning you want to be the dood who looks the strong link & you don’t wanna let ur partner down, but that’s easier said then done. Spul organised this to be totally random for the first week so this week we have not set your standard yet.

What I believe to be happening is a run up for a tournament to crown tag team champs, so in a way this is like your tryout to see if your capable to enter the tourney. According to Spul 8 teams will be taken away from the league to set up the tourney.

QnA with SPuL

So how long you had an interest in Rap Battling & how did you get into it?
Well, I only got an interest in it late March of this year. I first joined this site, jus to psot up open mics, and ask for help on gettin' started wit rappin'. So then I decided to do a battle, because it IS a rap battlin' site. So I entered it and was like, "If I win, I'll continue it, if I lose I quit". I beat my homie Yung Duke 5-4, and continued on.

What battlers on this site (&others) or regular hip hop artists inspire you battle wise?
On this site, the first to inspire me was my boi L.I. After joinin' a crew wit him, I IMed him and he gave me advice. So I learned a lot from him. And also, CreaTivitie helped me out a lot. Also, right now it is definitley Triple_N and Vendetta. Both of them help me wit audio, so I can start up on it. In real hip-hop, it would be Lloyd Banks. Everytime I listen to him, a TON of punches jus pop into my head. He has hot shit fashos

Being RB text champ obviously makes a huge statement of your level of skill at relaunched. Do you actually feel the best, or do you feel you have more to prove?
Well, I feel I have more to prove. Because not ALL of RB took part in it. If it was a tourney wit like ALL of the RB users on it, then I might feel that way. But in this, some people didn't take their battle verses to seriously. Like some no-showed, and some didn't try, so I don't think it shows much. But it does show that I am at an elevated status. I always feel I can beat anyone I battle, but i don't think I'm the best. I let others decide that. But yea, I have more to prove. Like audio. Which I am currently startin'. It starts wit an audio battle against Hypnotik. Expect it soon.

What has been your favourite battles & what was your relationship with that opponent, respectful/beef/inspiration/other?
my best battle I would say would be my text tourney finals verse against my co-mod Mask Murderous. At the time he was Resolve, and we hated eachother. We had a lot of beef. But now we settled that. But it was my favorite, because it had the most impact, and I tried my hardest. Second would be my verse against Enygma in the final 4.

You are taggin with Kings. How did that arrangement come about?
well, me and Kingz were homies a long time ago. IT was when he was like 7-1, and I was like 5-2. He PMed me to go give an honest vote. And then I said yea, and then I asked him if he was a Kings fan, lol, and then after that we were cool for a while. Then I had an idea of doin' a tag a little while later. And I had respect for Kingz, and knew he had skills. So I PMed him, and me and him battled wit Triple_N and E-Looch. We lost that battle 4-5, but I still felt we were a good team to do a tag wit.

What teams have you seen that are looking a good combination?
Umm.. so far, out of the 17 teams signed up, some good combos I see are DaClassic and Restricted, and Mental and Metaphysiks. Deadlyvision and Apo will be a good combo too.

Last words?
Watchout for me and Kingz!!! lol j/p Umm... have a fun time wit it. And Reread all the rules. Because if you don't, you will get DQ'd without no second chance. Have a good time!!! pc

1. SPuL/Kingz v.s .Roc/Raw Material
Spul is a good battler, RB text tourney winner & although I have not seen any of Kingz battles I here is good. Never seen anything from their opponents but I think Spul & Kings will take this.

Big Chase/Trigga Matrix v.s .Gunit101/Gunit101.
People are on this/these(?) guys nuts. I have seen him drop good but I never seen a full battle of his. I have seen Trigga drop & he is decent. But because G Units posts are witty I am hoping he is just as witty battle wise & if so, he will take this.

3. /Polifik v.s E-Looch/MarvoulousJ
Poli is decent but I think E Looch is very good. Has good wordplay & creativity & also Marv is a good battler. I think E Looch & Marv will take this.

4. Malefic/State Capitol v.s Forgotten Flow/TheSinnister
Mal & State are a strong team, State is decent & Mal I havent seen much but he is good. Forgotten flow is ok but ive never seen his partner drop. Mal & State to take this.

5. Mixtape/Flash v.s Illest Sin/Roop
Mix is good & so is flash. Ill & roop who are you…not seen anything. Flash& mix to win this.

6. Mental Anew/Metaphysik v.s Darklight/Izotope
a lot of peeps are on mets bandwagon, he is a good battle & mental is ok. Dark & isotope who……? o yeh those bitches I spelt their name wrong, o well…..ur gonna lose .

7. DaClassic/Restricted v.s Calamity/Poison
Da & R are decent, I like calamity, when he elevates he will defo be a top guy but right now ide say he is still developing…..decent & poison is quite strong aswell. Da & R 2 take this tho.

8. L.I./LoT v.s Apotheosis/DeadlyVisionz
LI is good…never seen LOT battle wise…erm…..DV…..good strong partner, & seein as I have a huge ego…..im the best…..we will win.

9. Metaskriptz/Flow Intelligent v.s. Poetic Justice/Madd Dogg
Meta & Flow are good. Poetic I havent seen battle…..mad I have and I really don’t like u…..so much so you are the ONLY person I have blacklisted & I think black listing people is gay……so that’s my respect for u……meta & Flow to take this.

10. Limited Edition/Shadow v.s LethalINjection/Ill-tempa
LI & shadow are a good team….this is one of the more evenly balanced matches I wud say here…..lethal is decent but ive never seen ILL’s drops……ernm…….ill go by my gut & say Leth & Ill 2 take this.

11. Killa Cam Flow/Will a peer v.s Lethal Lunatic/Da Jokah
erm…….never really seen any of u…..erm…….KCF&Peer will get this.

12. Legacy/Rascal v.s Genecide/SevenThird
Leg&rasc…..tite team……genecie & seven are ok but I think Leg&rasc are stronger.

Matches to watch out for…..

LOT & LI Vs Apo & DV.
LI & Shadow Vs Leth&Ill.

The rest of these matches are not evenly matched. Erm……good luck to all…..i may be going away so I had to write this quik…good luck to all.

Punchlines of the week

"Chase's worst still, the name just shows he plenty dumb
Called BC.. cuz his styles’s been around couple millennium
Can’t recognize you whack... but I’ll have your ego punctured
Way I only give you props… so you can fix that wack structure"
gunit101.

"mean, might be something in your blood....... but it sure ain't rap
I'll take this battle in fashion... n leave your chest covered in Gaps"
gunit101.

Last edited by Apotheosis : 07-18-04 at 06:54 PM.

Old 07-18-04, 06:19 PM   #2
gunit101.
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-5
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FFF9 59CF

Yes. My verses are just that witty. I dropped... so you can just edit the mag with "gunit101 merks team fagtacular"

Old 07-18-04, 06:27 PM   #3
E Looch
Heavy Lies The Crown

Text Record: 19-4
IP: 8A1D B942

word ^ ill be seein u in the finals

^ even after it says if u dont understand dont vote

some people that are mods on here

Old 07-18-04, 06:29 PM   #4
L.I.
Miss Me?

Text Record: 61-14
IP: 4289 77F4

good mag...cept we will win and yall will lose....WORD!

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.  
Old 07-18-04, 06:49 PM   #5
Poppa Kap

IP: 4C49 64C6

<--------gunit101. fan

Last edited by Apotheosis : 07-18-04 at 06:53 PM.

Old 07-18-04, 07:04 PM   #6
Shadows edge
retired.

Text Record: 20-11

This tourney is cool.

Old 07-18-04, 07:25 PM   #7
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
IP: BBE3 5651

Yeh.. Good stuff .. i just hope i elevate within like 24 hrs lmao ...

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup

Old 07-18-04, 07:26 PM   #8
Poppa Kap

is shadow tryin 2 be funny?

Old 07-19-04, 12:23 AM   #9
Shadows edge
retired.

Text Record: 20-11

Nah... good mag and shit... I know how hard it is to write them shizzes...

I was just sick this weekend so I been reading a lotta random shit =/

Old 07-19-04, 05:39 AM   #10
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 976E 087B

Good mag apo but it looks like i've gotta prove myself in this to a few people, you in particular no h8 if thats how you feel...fine but a good mag never the less.

See ya next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog  
Old 07-19-04, 08:48 AM   #11
Crossword
yawn

IP: 06D4 9403

FINALLY... A MAGAZINE... God damn you slow mutha fuckas

do your research.

Send a message via AIM to Crossword Send a message via Yahoo to Crossword  
Old 07-19-04, 09:31 AM   #12
Poppa Kap

^wow Ive never seen u post an aggressive post like that

Old 07-19-04, 10:31 AM   #13
gunit101.
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-5
IP: CD83 3BB9

He must be sober

Old 07-19-04, 07:13 PM   #14
.gunit101
Addicted

Text Record: 3-1
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: D9F5 0BF6

LMAO.....why do people still think we are the same people? Apotheosis refered to me and my partner as one person. WE ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE, BITCHES!!!!!!

Also....I should have dropped earlier so I could have had the best punches.....gunit101.'s sucked.....

Just kidding.....please don't cut me and murder this league by yourself.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Method
I heart g-unit, they taught me how to stunt

Old 07-19-04, 07:20 PM   #15
Poppa Kap

which one of u is Brooklyn?