RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-05, 12:48 AM   #1
L.E
L.E

Suicide And Depression

IP: 03A1 A28A

Many people go through it...even I did.

What is a good way to solve this problem?
Old 04-04-05, 01:26 AM   #2
Prez.Sence
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3852 EDCC

Clinical help..
Old 04-04-05, 02:32 AM   #3
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: CF4E 8780

writing .. alot .. can help it dosent even need to make sense just write it all.. depression is basically relying on old things.. these old things bring back old memories which we rely on.. so we need to get into present moment thinking and writing allows us to be in the moment and get out all of that old emotion also try running ha but yea its some serious shit

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat
Old 04-04-05, 03:14 AM   #4
Status
Ask About Me

Text Record: 72-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0B71 2B67

yo i have went through it like crazy, like i was like seriously thinking about it alot a month ago but my girl made it beter for me, like she would never suck my dick but she did and i was better

no joke real shit

and writing helps alot that is why i made that song called "worthless"

listen to that and tell me writing dont help
Old 04-04-05, 03:14 AM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Depression eh.

If youre still at school, see the school shrink... Anyone with a psyciatric degree will be able to help.

Theres anti-depressants you can take.

and find a form of self expression... Rapping, drawing, dancing... whatever.

Last edited by One M.B. : 04-04-05 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-04-05, 03:15 AM   #6
Status
Ask About Me

Text Record: 72-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 0B71 2B67

and LE the crew forum is up go check in and shit
Old 04-04-05, 03:57 AM   #7
FlowIntelligent.
The Epitome Of Greatness

Text Record: 55-26
IP: 28AD 5545

As turban said.. youre depressed because youre looking back at bad memories. Even when you think about the good memories you have there is a bit of pain. Like your girlfriend and you had your first date and it went perfect... you loved her everything was fine but then you broke up. When you think about the good memories there's that connection to the bad ones. You had a perfect first date then you broke up. All you can do is move on and try opening new doors. Get a hobby you have never done before. Fishing or drawing, something that can take your mind away from the bad ideas you have. Writing in a journal is very good for you... And some males might say stupid shit like "Your gay you have a diary" but thats not what you have. You have a journal with thoughts and ideas and poetry and raps and what not.

On another note... Psychiatrists are the worst people to hwlp with your problems. All they do is tell you stuff you already know subconsciously. Like say your parents beat you and now youre violent or uncaring or you dont open up easily. You already know why, its because of a traumatic event like that swing of a belt or another traumatic event. We all know why we do the things we do subconsciously, but we are too afraid to be real with ourselfs because the truth hurts. Thats why when we do something stupid or wrong 9 times out of 10 your answer will be I dont Know. When in all reality we do know what we are doing and why we are doing it, we are just too afraid to come to grips with reality, because its easier to deal with.

And perscription drugs.. anti-depressants are unjust. Granted youll be happier mentally, and youll think youre fine after years of medicine but then one day something happens and youre depressed again. Plus anti depressants have a ton of side effects that could permantely disable you in one way or another. My mom takes those and shes happier than she was but she lost her sense of taste because of them, and she has migraine headaches that last days because of the drugs.

All in all move on with your life and dont dwell on the past look forward to the future. you dont want to kill yourself because you never know what youre gonna miss out on.

Send a message via AIM to FlowIntelligent.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 05:48 AM   #8
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: 46C2 FF91

^Said everything that needed to be said in fact except for the psychiatrists.

Many of them only talk bullshit, that's for sure but when you're depressed, it's best to talk to someone about it and psychiatrists are trained to fully understand what you're saying. Even though you do know why, you need someone to make you face the facts. You can also talk to friends or someone you're close to but they might not always have the guts to let you see the reality...

I believe it depends on the person because I know someone who didn't go to psychiatrist at first and she tried a new hobby, tried to move on but she kept on getting stuck in the same bad circle of thoughts. Then she went to a psychiatrist and even though it took a while, that really helped her overcome the obstacles inside her mind she was dealing with so I wouldn't say they're the worst people to help you. But I guess it depends on situation and person...

DQ

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 10:22 PM   #9
Lyriclesolja
I Create Dope Poetry For The Thinkers Of Tomarrow....I Am Lyriclesolja

IP: 8A17 F701

i find that writing takes those thoughts away.......and personally i would never pussy out on life and kill myself its just a cheap way to die.........thats just me.....peayces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Lyricalsolja you illy on the sickness tip.
Send a message via AIM to Lyriclesolja Send a message via MSN to Lyriclesolja   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 11:34 PM   #10
Yung_Dragon
Flyweight

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: BE07 6157

They say everyone will go through a form of depression in life. Yeah, so some of you people are definately not alone out there.

Do what you want, it helps get rid of depression. Like others suggested, things you do on this site such as rapping, drawing, writing, etc.

You can also listen to songs(motivational ones, obviously, are good). The beats, lyrics, and rhythm all help calm you down.

Depression is why some type of medications are created.

Psychaitrists are there to help you.

Friends are friends remember, tell them your feelings, and if they're true friends, they'll help.

Although temporary sometimes, workout. A good workout or fun athletic sport will help calm you down.

Read something interesting. You start to relate to the people in the books, and everything feels better.

Watch a good movie, it helps in the same way as the above.

If you believe in God or the god of your religion, then just have faith.

Or as that song by 2pac is called...."Keep Cha' Head Up."
Old 04-05-05, 12:08 AM   #11
Durban
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 5285 DC82

suicide is a tough subject.

I lost someone trhu suicide. it came out of the blue...he seemed happy to an extent..he never mentioned death or dieng..even in his rhymes...he never said anything abotu ..
"fuck this world" i cant take this shit"..you know....
but then one day he just up and hung himself..his younger brother found him hanging in the in the backyard....

suicide in a way is a call for help....person could be streesed...wanting an easy way out......feeling alone.....

there is many reason's why.........

Personally i feel it is not the right choice..cause god will take you of this planet when your time is done......
suicide sint the way to go out...thats giving up!
Old 04-08-05, 10:13 PM   #12
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 5262 5C6E

yah,i was seriously thinkin of it like 3 , 4 weeks ago,i even did a thread and people where there to support me and helped
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 06:05 AM   #13
Politi-Kill
New to RV

IP: 73D8 AACD

i went threw this...then i got locked up and when i got out i got kicked outta my house and was forced to live with my uncle in Marcy and he converted me to a muslim

that helped
Old 04-19-05, 09:59 PM   #14
SikezstWun
Call me Santa

Graphics Record: 3-0
IP: 9DFD 060F

Yeah I went through it too.

i got over it from just clinical shit and writing a lot. you should see some of the shit i wrote when i was depressed. its crazy. just twisted and most of it doesnt make sense. but yeah its a good way to express your feelings without anyone knowing how you truly feel.

i guess its different for most people, but writing helped me a lot

Suicide is different. if the person really wanted to commit suicide, they would do it. they would just get up and do it. Some people who tsalk about suicide, or have attempted it and failed, dont really wanna die. its just basically a cry for help.

but idk if its true, but people say you see your life flash before you the moment before you die ...
if you lived such a miserable life, why would you want it flashing before you in your last moment?

Last edited by SikezstWun : 04-19-05 at 10:02 PM.
Send a message via AIM to SikezstWun Send a message via Yahoo to SikezstWun   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 12:20 AM   #15
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: AB23 98FF

I personally think that suicide is a pussy way out... but i also know it would take alot of balls to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.. i know people that have commited suicide in front of their friends. Thats pretty messed up espcially if it was family you did it in front of but i guess they wouldn't care because they think their life was shit anyway.

88 miles per hour should do it.