RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-05, 04:01 PM   #31
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 2029 97B3

ok..being a christian myself, one of the ways i heard someone answered this question was like this:

Do you believe George Washington crossed the Delaware River?
Do you believe he was the first president?
Do you believe that Christopher Columbus rode on a boat and landed in the United States?

ok Why do you believe this? What proof do you have that says this is true? Most people will say because it was written. OK, see where im going with this? Thats just one of the many ways to explain the truth behind the Bible.

If you dont understand this but you do want to know more email me at gee_sus_wox@yahoo.com
Old 06-01-05, 04:45 AM   #32
Macca
Back....

Text Record: 14-12
IP: 3493 2BF2

OMB. if you asking me then I suggest you go to chuch or just keep doing ya thing and you'll end up in hell..... not my problem... my mom says I shouldn't even aruge with people like you because they won't understand ever if they don't under stand now.... lol.
Old 06-01-05, 04:53 AM   #33
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3374 00C5

I went to church every sunday for 10 years, and then every few sundays for 6 years after that. But i'm not a christian. I was until I was about thirteen, then I started to read the bible myself and try to decipher all the shit thats in there.

Because of this curiosity I completed a course on theology(the study of the bible) as an extra curricular in grades 9-12.

I loosely determined that christianity is not the "correct" religion, in a sense, if there even is a "correct" religion. In fact, what is most likely according to the scriptures of YOUR religion, is that no one religion is completely right, and what is right is either a mixture of some or all of them or a different kind of spirituality all together.
Old 06-01-05, 07:50 AM   #35
Implicit
-BTR-

church doesnt make u a christian.....

.....a church is there for your benefit...1) to learn more about the bible and the purpose in our lives...2) to be able to be helped when u need it by the people there or to help others.....

.....the question " How do you know the Bible is real? " i believe cant be answered because its by faith that you would trust in God.....

...thats how i see it...
Old 06-01-05, 08:11 AM   #36
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

It seems awfully convenient. Believe in a God there is no proof of, so you can go to a place that has never been seen, and live a good life etc etc or you'll go to a shitty place that nobody has been to.
Old 06-01-05, 09:00 AM   #37
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: C666 E6A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
OMB. if you asking me then I suggest you go to chuch or just keep doing ya thing and you'll end up in hell..... not my problem... my mom says I shouldn't even aruge with people like you because they won't understand ever if they don't under stand now.... lol.

I have never been to church except when I was very little a few times or to marriage/funeral. Does that make me a bad christian? Hell no...remember how God is everywhere right? He is within yourself because you cannot hear/touch/see Him, all you have is your faith. So I prefer not to go to church and sit with a bunch of hypocrits (big part of them at least) that don't even know the meaning of what they are saying and claim to believe in.

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 10:52 AM   #38
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

IP: 84DD 7E94

im not even going to try to get all super deep on this topic, but i know that GOD exists. it doesnt matter who believes me or not. im not trippin' on it. its called "faith" people.

^^^word.

s.v.

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.
Old 06-01-05, 02:49 PM   #39
Raphael
Dope

IP: E3CA 7CA2

I believe in God, not in religion.

-Net Record-
52-22
Old 06-01-05, 04:58 PM   #40
Implicit
-BTR-

LIke I said before....it's by faith that you believe in God..........

..........it even says that in the Bible...
Old 06-02-05, 12:46 AM   #41
Yung_Dragon
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BE07 6157

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage
LIke I said before....it's by faith that you believe in God..........

..........it even says that in the Bible...

Yeah, if God's miracles were given so direct to everyone, then there would be no point to have faith, but He isn't, because faith is the only way to get into heaven. I'm sure some people feel like God has abandoned them, but it's because they decided not to have any more faith. There are thousands of incidents that man can never explain, but if you look carefully, and very carefully, you can figure it out.

As well as that, there will be a lot of people who despise, spread great teachings of opposition, and people who seem to claim they know the true way, but that's because it's supposed to happen, as it is described in the good book. So that's why faith has to be important, or else you might fall for one of these.

So, some of you may feel like there's no point and truth in God, because all that is said, are just fulfilling what is already written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage
church doesnt make u a christian.....

Wordness to that too. Just because you go in a garage doesn't mean you're a car. Everybody sins and are filled with hypocrisy, but the only one who we can look to is God.

Since there's a God, there's a Devil as well. You can doubt and not believe, which is called a sort of temptation. Tempation from the Devil, which will only fulfill prophecy. These temptations come in different forms, and can be very convincing causing so many people to fall for them, at the same time thinking it's correct or alright, not realizing the truth.

As said in the book of Revalations, there will be a time excatly like this, when people are full with corruption. Maybe we're not there yet, but in my opinion, I think it would wise to prepare, and a time like this can mean anytime.

I don't know about you guys, but incase this boat tips over, I'd prefer to be wearing a life jacket...
Old 06-02-05, 04:36 AM   #42
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung_Dragon
Yeah, if God's miracles were given so direct to everyone, then there would be no point to have faith, but He isn't, because faith is the only way to get into heaven. I'm sure some people feel like God has abandoned them, but it's because they decided not to have any more faith. There are thousands of incidents that man can never explain, but if you look carefully, and very carefully, you can figure it out.

As well as that, there will be a lot of people who despise, spread great teachings of opposition, and people who seem to claim they know the true way, but that's because it's supposed to happen, as it is described in the good book. So that's why faith has to be important, or else you might fall for one of these.

So, some of you may feel like there's no point and truth in God, because all that is said, are just fulfilling what is already written.

Wordness to that too. Just because you go in a garage doesn't mean you're a car. Everybody sins and are filled with hypocrisy, but the only one who we can look to is God.

Since there's a God, there's a Devil as well. You can doubt and not believe, which is called a sort of temptation. Tempation from the Devil, which will only fulfill prophecy. These temptations come in different forms, and can be very convincing causing so many people to fall for them, at the same time thinking it's correct or alright, not realizing the truth.

As said in the book of Revalations, there will be a time excatly like this, when people are full with corruption. Maybe we're not there yet, but in my opinion, I think it would wise to prepare, and a time like this can mean anytime.

I don't know about you guys, but incase this boat tips over, I'd prefer to be wearing a life jacket...

Saying that God is the answer to everything unexplained is absurd. Think back into history, when scientists thought that life just sprung out of nowhere. They believed that it was because of God that if you left rainwater in a birdbath for a fortnight, there would be all kinds of organisms and shit in there... After a while that guy (I think his last name was Boylle.. cant remember) found out that when isolated from oxygen, no lifeforms developed. With the development of light and then electron microscopes they discovered that spores and small cells and shit in the air merely found a suitable environment and reproduced. There was no God to it... This is just an example... But this frame of mind can be applied to a whole lot of things.

There are a whole lot of other religions and spiritual pathways, and you're saying they are all wrong and christianity (a religion based on faith) is right. What if another religion based on faith's scriptures also stated there will be other spiritualities to tempt you, but they are all wrong and this is the only right religion? Then according to whatever that religion may be, Christianity would be wrong. And someone from another religion who says that is just as valid as you, from christianity who states that. How can you be sure who is right?

You're citing Revelations eh? I've heard it all before. Howbout this one:
"After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the Earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. Then I saw another angel coming up from the East, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given the power to harm the land and the sea. "Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of god."
Revelations 7, verses 1-3.

So according to the very book you are getting your snippet of info from, your mind (at the time this book was written, foreheads or anything to do with the head also meant brain, mind, mentality, etc.) has been sealed by God, and as soon as every servant of God has been sealed, then angels will hurt the land, sea, and some trees.

After the sixth trumpet has been sounded (in case you amazingly devoted christians dont know, the sounding of the seven trumpets brings armaggedon, different negative things are prophesized to happen as each trumpet is sounded) those very angels that put a seal on every christian in the world, are supposed to kill a third of them and send them to hell.

Thats a great end of the world ya got there, goddy boy. Bet they didnt teach you that one in sunday school.

And what kind of christian are you? Protestant? The same protestants that ignore half of the bible as they see fit?

Anglican? The same anglican that was started by a roman catholic king that wanted to divorce his wife and couldnt so created a new branch of christianity?

or roman catholic? The same trusty roman catholic religion that told people 400 years ago that they needed to "donate" to the church to get to heaven, and that if you didnt do what they wanted (which was usually gay bullshit due to the fact only like 2 guys in entire villages/towns could even read the bible) then you were on a one way trip to hell.

Which one are you?
Old 06-02-05, 01:49 PM   #43
B-MAC
vanquising Mc's Daily

IP: 8191 8B5F

This society/humankind has been always been brought up to think logicaly, There should always be a reason for something occuring! right, This exact mind state leads alot of people not to believe in a god high above the earth, Because there has never been any real strong proof in the last 2000 years of why we should think there is a god,and the proof we do have has been manipulated and fucked around the block 100 times. and there's not really and super Natural things that ever happen that arnt explained.

There are soo many things we as a society dont know, Like where the Universe stops? Maybe the Universe is just part of something way bigger? Think about this it takes a NASA space ship 6 months to travel to mars.. Like what the fuck??? whats beyond that.. Were just a pea in the pod, and wont know anything until we die.. But i know one thing, I can not imagine not being able to think.. so i really believe there is something other then this life..

[
Old 06-02-05, 04:11 PM   #44
MetEoR-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 5E83 FFFD

Personally, I thought the whole God / Devil thing was to get people to act the way they should, way back, in the year 300, do you think people would behave and be nice if they knew they would just rot in the ground after they die? I think since the law enforcement and government back then would probably be easier to get away with (I mean if you went out int he middle of the night to kill someone in the year 300, who would know?) It's like they wouldn't go out to kill because they knew they would go to hell and burn.

But now that we have a good government, people will behave whether there is a god or not, because they will get caught easily with witnesses all over, cameras and such, and they would be thrown in jail or executed.

I'll believe God when theres proof. The catch is the word 'Believe'
Old 06-02-05, 04:16 PM   #45
MetEoR-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 5E83 FFFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca

You mom says? Okay, what proof do you have?
One thing I don't like is that, there is no 'P-r-o-o-f'

Would you be pist if you spent every sunday going to church, giving up things by fastening (Or whatever the hell it's called) and praying every night, and being good, donating money to the church, helping old blind ladies with a wooden leg and a broken arm and a retarded dog cross the street, if you end up dying and god ain't real, and there is no heaven or hell? Wouldn't you feel you could of done something more with your life like, practice rap more or something?