RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Graphic Arts
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-05, 07:25 PM   #16
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 9092 4066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphical
Oh yeah i forgot to tell you tizz, that bruce willis(hartigan) should be black and white, same for the girl, except her hair.

Except her hair? See, that except her hair part is just about impossible in that picture.... least i wouldnt wanna do dat shit.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 06-30-05, 07:27 PM   #17
Ha! Style
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9014 DBA9

I thought he took a black and white pic and colored them in on purpose?
Old 06-30-05, 07:36 PM   #18
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 07A8 D079

Damn... both 'looked' very well put together...

Ha- i like the split-idea with your poster and the quote at the top looked like it really belonged there... but IF it was a movie cover, not a poster.. are they supposed to have that little black line coming off the side of their head (the guys in the line-up?), the people look more dark than they prolly should be.. other than that, it was designed pretty nicely..

Tizzle- i liked the position of the people and the fact that they are not too pale, but look like they walked into the poster, they look lively... and i saw the bottom with the little words.. i thought that looked "just like" the damn posters.. lol you even put the Rated R symbol and other symbols and labels.. damn. The raindrops looked accurate as well.. The small things really stood out that's why i think you took it. You had every little bitty detail.

V/ Tizzle...
Old 06-30-05, 07:46 PM   #19
Ltizzle
Seattle Hat Wit A Lean

Graphics Record: 17-5
IP: 2B9D 28F8

yea the pictures werent supposed to be black and white
it wouldve looked awful for the poster...

but for the record, the pictures were colored originally...
i just changed it around and did a lot of dodging and burning and shit....

---------------------------
Lucky Boy Beats: Owner & Producer
http://www.myspace.com/luckyboybeats
----------------------------------------------
Gunn Play: Rv's Original Duo
Dash Canceling To A Computer Near You

MAS ON EM! 4 LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Ltizzle   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 10:19 PM   #20
Aus
New to RV

IP: 735B AFEA

why didn't u just desaturate them? or colorize them into the background?

Neways..
Ha.. good shit, i just love your design concepts to be honest. the placement is on, and it looks like two different aspects of the movie all under the same idea.. which i thought was creative. Good Typo, could of had a little more 'wow' factor to it, but its your general movie poster.

Tizz..
never seen your work, but i liked this. Pictures were on.. rain was dead on with bruce. Nice work. However, this poster just seems to generic to me for some reason. Like i've seen the same style poster for it before. I think based on creativity im going for ha style. Not an rb thing, its just what i look for.

vote..Ha Style

but good drops by both regardless
Old 06-30-05, 10:48 PM   #21
AF-RICAN ROYALE
Flyweight

IP: 8895 97A7

lol@ the obvious dick riding going on

but both did a great job

ha's looked more like a real stand up board youd see at the movie theaters while tiz looks like a poster

ha's lay out and compisition and over all places of the pictures and lettering looked professional enough for me to give a nod towards him

i mean look at the simplicity of tiz, its great an all, but that couldint of taken more then half an hour if that,

i was dissapointed in ha'w colors as well, second entry sorta corrected that but looked a bit over saturated, and the top photo couldve been blended way better to mesh better with the bottom pic

still tho as remains, my vote - ha style

get ya game up ha you slipping
tizz keep at it, more complexity and originality goes a long way
Old 06-30-05, 11:28 PM   #22
Ltizzle
Seattle Hat Wit A Lean

Graphics Record: 17-5
IP: 2B9D 28F8

aight props on da votes....
4-3 i believe...

---------------------------
Lucky Boy Beats: Owner & Producer
http://www.myspace.com/luckyboybeats
----------------------------------------------
Gunn Play: Rv's Original Duo
Dash Canceling To A Computer Near You

MAS ON EM! 4 LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Ltizzle   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 11:29 PM   #23
Ha! Style
Light Weight

Hey, Tizz... Did you get my PM on RB?
Old 06-30-05, 11:37 PM   #24
Hoodz Prophet
^Hoodz Legend^

Text Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 3-0
IP: BB2C 69E1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-RICAN ROYALE
lol@ the obvious dick riding going on

but both did a great job

ha's looked more like a real stand up board youd see at the movie theaters while tiz looks like a poster

ha's lay out and compisition and over all places of the pictures and lettering looked professional enough for me to give a nod towards him

i mean look at the simplicity of tiz, its great an all, but that couldint of taken more then half an hour if that,

i was dissapointed in ha'w colors as well, second entry sorta corrected that but looked a bit over saturated, and the top photo couldve been blended way better to mesh better with the bottom pic

still tho as remains, my vote - ha style

get ya game up ha you slipping
tizz keep at it, more complexity and originality goes a long way

lmao @ you.....your obvisously dick ridin seein as how you said "tizz's looks like a poster" can i ask you what the topic is.....its a movie POSTER...."half an hour if that" you obvisously don't make many sigs other wise you would know that time managing for a poster like that usually take more then that due to pickyness and all the little random things in between......as for that "more complexity" bullshit the professional graphic artists shit is VERY simple the shit we do on this site alone is more complex then a car magazine....yeupp i'm not votin for nobody ckuz i don't wunna be a "dick rider" but tizz urz iz dope like i tol u b4 an Ha i like urz as well

Gunn Play: RV's Original Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
your the dopest at everything ive ever seen you do
Send a message via AIM to Hoodz Prophet   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 11:41 PM   #25
Ha! Style
Light Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodz Prophet
lmao @ you.....your obvisously dick ridin seein as how you said "tizz's looks like a poster" can i ask you what the topic is.....its a movie POSTER...."half an hour if that" you obvisously don't make many sigs other wise you would know that time managing for a poster like that usually take more then that due to pickyness and all the little random things in between......as for that "more complexity" bullshit the professional graphic artists shit is VERY simple the shit we do on this site alone is more complex then a car magazine....yeupp i'm not votin for nobody ckuz i don't wunna be a "dick rider" but tizz urz iz dope like i tol u b4 an Ha i like urz as well

African is my wife.
Old 07-01-05, 12:35 AM   #26
See Sic
New to RV

IP: E184 8DE1

STFU seriously everyone knows everyone from RV votes for the person from RV. I have went to every thread that has dropped and if you are from RV then you voted for your butt buddy from RV. Hell I might aswell forfeit because you guys are all gonna hop on each others dicks like this is merry-go-round. I have noticed one person from RV vote for someone from RB but other than that this is a dickride fest and everyone from RV is invited. At least Ha! Style didn't blend two pictures together he actually did some work while tizzle just blended two pics together fucking bullshit battles.

Last edited by See Sic : 07-01-05 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-01-05, 12:49 AM   #27
Delphia Dahmer
Philadelphia Shelfin' Ya

Graphics Record: 0-2
IP: D4CC BCDF

dude.......im gonna keep it real as a motherfucker
i totally agree with African. there is very apparant D/R going on, not to take away from Tizzle's skill, but we all know he is very popular here.

as far as graphics go, i may not be the smartest, but i have a good enough eye to know that the amount of work put into both is seperable, and the amount of creativity used in both is also seperable. the overall appearance is obvious as to who won. you have to go with the professionalism.

Now, we all know what Tizz can do, but if you honestly think he won this battle, than im sorry to anyone who may be offended, but its just blatant dickriding.....well, not in all cases, but by the storm of votes(from RV Member), i would say it is. maybe some of you guys should just stick to rap, because you guys have no idea what kind of complexity goes into this shit, so you cant appreciate it.

with that said, i would like to congradulate both for showing up, and the rest of the contestants for doing the same, and actually keeping this thing together until now.

i truly believe that HaStyle won, and not just by a few points. With that said, i think we should let this thread go on a bit longer, and see what votes arise, and if it continues, i say we just close the thread, and we start some kind of chat of Graphics heads, and get the final say from them.

thats the best solution i can come up with.

peace out.

SOUNDCLICK

Send a message via AIM to Delphia Dahmer   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 01:04 AM   #28
Hoodz Prophet
^Hoodz Legend^

Text Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 3-0
IP: BB2C 69E1

^i don't vote on ANY of the battles therefore i'm not a dick rider.....by me NOT votin i proved how rite i wuz....jus ckuz u vote for sum1 u koo wit don't mean u dick ridin personally i like tizz's more NOT jus ckuz i'm koo wit 'em Ha iz a koo dude too i ain't talked to 'em but he seem real koo but i'm not votin ckuz if i vote for tha one i like tha most i'm automatically dick ridin....rite? wuteva i'm not votin on any of these battles anyway so wuteva i don't gotta worry bout nuthin...an actually i think Boot-E beat Graphical....i didn't vote but i damn sure kno his wuz better an if i did vote i would vote for tha one i like tha most....in my battle wit Para all tha dudez in there from RB voted for Para....so duz that mean u guyz r dick ridin for ur buddy from ur site....ehh wuteva think wut u wunt

Gunn Play: RV's Original Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
your the dopest at everything ive ever seen you do
Send a message via AIM to Hoodz Prophet   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 01:28 AM   #29
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: A122 E1D7

Quote:
Originally Posted by See Sic
STFU seriously everyone knows everyone from RV votes for the person from RV. I have went to every thread that has dropped and if you are from RV then you voted for your butt buddy from RV. Hell I might aswell forfeit because you guys are all gonna hop on each others dicks like this is merry-go-round. I have noticed one person from RV vote for someone from RB but other than that this is a dickride fest and everyone from RV is invited. At least Ha! Style didn't blend two pictures together he actually did some work while tizzle just blended two pics together fucking bullshit battles.

i voted for Syn how is on RB...and i woulda voted for Paradox...

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 02:07 AM   #30
Delphia Dahmer
Philadelphia Shelfin' Ya

Graphics Record: 0-2
IP: D4CC BCDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodz Prophet
^i don't vote on ANY of the battles therefore i'm not a dick rider.....by me NOT votin i proved how rite i wuz....jus ckuz u vote for sum1 u koo wit don't mean u dick ridin personally i like tizz's more NOT jus ckuz i'm koo wit 'em Ha iz a koo dude too i ain't talked to 'em but he seem real koo but i'm not votin ckuz if i vote for tha one i like tha most i'm automatically dick ridin....rite? wuteva i'm not votin on any of these battles anyway so wuteva i don't gotta worry bout nuthin...an actually i think Boot-E beat Graphical....i didn't vote but i damn sure kno his wuz better an if i did vote i would vote for tha one i like tha most....in my battle wit Para all tha dudez in there from RB voted for Para....so duz that mean u guyz r dick ridin for ur buddy from ur site....ehh wuteva think wut u wunt

i didnt, by any means single you out. i mostly aimed at people like Crushed.
but i see your point. and if you can tell who won, clearly, its obvious whos dickriding.....but when it gets close like this, its alot of speculation

SOUNDCLICK

Send a message via AIM to Delphia Dahmer   Reply With Quote