RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-05, 06:16 PM   #31
Reflekt

IP: 2029 97B3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassarap
if u didnt believe in god before, why were u at a church camp?

someone invited me there. so i figured i'd go to see why they so strongly believe in God
Old 08-05-05, 06:38 PM   #32
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 8376 4D75

and what exactly happened there to make you believe?

im still callin out denied truth, he can read my 2nd post on page 2 if he missed my offer
Old 08-06-05, 03:55 AM   #33
veyetal
original.

Text Record: 6-1
IP: 9E2F CDE8

drakel's post owned.
Old 08-07-05, 05:48 AM   #34
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 51A3 DAAC

No one has replied to mine yet... I need a rebutel -_-
Old 08-08-05, 01:18 AM   #35
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5C71 9AD6

Your rebuttal as requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
Different religions are kind of like different points of view...

If a guy is in a car crash and barely survives..
A Christian would say it was a miracle and God saved him..
An Athiest would just shrug it off..

Christians believe that God fine-tuned the universe and the earth so we could live here.. Its a fact that even small changes in temperature levels or gas amounts would make the earth unable to sustain life...
But others could say the Earth just so happened to be suited for life and a coincidence created us because the conditions were right...

Life isnt all that complicated. You just need a few gases, some water, and an electric shock and it creates amino acids which make up proteins which are the building blocks of life... Scientists have done it. Its easy...

I really don't get how christians can believe so wholeheartedly in their religion. It doesnt even make sense compared to other religions..

Christianity:
- Started more than 2000 years ago.
- To get to heaven you have to believe in Jesus.
- God's son is God and also a spirit, they are all seperate entities but are the same entity.
- As long as you believe in him, God forgives you for your sins.
- All bad thoughts, bad actions, and bad occurances are caused by the devil. (if you dont believe me, look it up.)
- God is vengeful and his wrath is unmatchable. He killed everyone in the world with a flood because they didnt live how he wanted.
- God loves every living thing and his grace is so immense it cannot even be imagined, he lets us live how we want.
(???.... riiiiigghht...)

Buddhism:
- Technically a branch of hinduism, which is older than christianity.
- Our personality or soul/self, does not exist. Our persona is a collection of thoughts and feelings which creates an illusion of personality.
- The aim of life is not to be happy it is to be content.
- All suffering is caused by wanting useless things. If you dont want to be happy, you wont be sad that you arent happy. If you dont want a really expensive car, you wont be pissed off cos you cant have it. If you are happy and you want to stay happy, you will be sad because you know you cant stay happy forever. So the key is to not want anything.
- Life is full of suffering, and bliss is obtained by getting out of the cycle of life.
- To get out of the cycle of life you have to live correctly and realise the truth.

Personally, i'd rather be a buddhist and live at peace. I'm not a buddhist though, or a christian....

But can a christian PLEASE explain to me what made you believe?

I dont classify myself as one religion over all. But Christianity basically comes from Judaism, however Christians believe the mesiah has already come 2000 years ago (Jesus Christ). That is the the basis of their belief. The bible is not 100% Christian though, so the story of Noah your referencing to is also recognised in Judaism from which Christianity is a sect of and all other religions that use the bible as their ..instructions manual if you will. Btw, I think youll find that god erased all life on earth because they became dissident and started turning against him, sort of like a devine retrobution. Christians believe in their religion though, because it gives them hope for salvation, it gives people a purpose in life as with all religions and in a time like the one were facing now, thats exactly what people need..

What really bugs me out though, is that the more I read into religions, the more similaritys I start to find. My currant belief is that all religion is a different translation of the same thing given to man in different ways to suit the different cultures, languages and types of followers. Therefore religious traditions and ideals are mostly irrelevant to me. If you look at Hinduism, they have 3 gods, one all powerful god (Brahman), and two lesser gods (if gods is what you choose to call them). I believe that in terms you would understand, Brahman is god, Vishnu would represent the holy spirit as it is the force that keeps the world going, and Shiva represents, in a way, Satan because Shiva is the destruction of man kind. I think when it all comes down to it, all religions have truth behind them and their followers are usually adamant that their religion is the real one. But in no bible, Quran or any other religious text, does it reference another religion by name and say not to believe it.

But anyway, I answered your question in the first paragraph more or less so I'm not gonna keep babbling on about shit.. One last thing though relating to your creation question right at the top of your post, whos to say god didnt place the first cells in a pool of water as seeds that would eventually grow into larger organisms, who was there to be able to prove me wrong when I say, Adam and Eve could very well have been apes...........? Theres explenations for everything if your not too ignorant to see it.

BTW..........get on msn more regularily fool... We got tracks to make..
Old 08-10-05, 09:03 PM   #36
fluidmoon
<<-Carpe Noctum->>

Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 3240 794D

I think religion, more or less christianity was created for the frightened people who needed to believe in something, and if you really study it, most of the claims are contradicting and do not make sense, however, i am not starting beef,i am just stating an opinion. And i agree with what OMB stated, and i don't agree in the concept of following a religion to find purpose, our purposes, i would hope, are our everyday choices we make, our mistakes, actions and feelings...as individuals..not being robots to some "guy" in the sky, just another ploy to make us afraid to be truly US.

O Y D

*FluidMusic*

*Poetic Scriptures Moderator*
Old 08-11-05, 04:22 AM   #37
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Your rebuttal as requested.

I dont classify myself as one religion over all. But Christianity basically comes from Judaism, however Christians believe the mesiah has already come 2000 years ago (Jesus Christ). That is the the basis of their belief. The bible is not 100% Christian though, so the story of Noah your referencing to is also recognised in Judaism from which Christianity is a sect of and all other religions that use the bible as their ..instructions manual if you will. Btw, I think youll find that god erased all life on earth because they became dissident and started turning against him, sort of like a devine retrobution. Christians believe in their religion though, because it gives them hope for salvation, it gives people a purpose in life as with all religions and in a time like the one were facing now, thats exactly what people need..

What really bugs me out though, is that the more I read into religions, the more similaritys I start to find. My currant belief is that all religion is a different translation of the same thing given to man in different ways to suit the different cultures, languages and types of followers. Therefore religious traditions and ideals are mostly irrelevant to me. If you look at Hinduism, they have 3 gods, one all powerful god (Brahman), and two lesser gods (if gods is what you choose to call them). I believe that in terms you would understand, Brahman is god, Vishnu would represent the holy spirit as it is the force that keeps the world going, and Shiva represents, in a way, Satan because Shiva is the destruction of man kind. I think when it all comes down to it, all religions have truth behind them and their followers are usually adamant that their religion is the real one. But in no bible, Quran or any other religious text, does it reference another religion by name and say not to believe it.

But anyway, I answered your question in the first paragraph more or less so I'm not gonna keep babbling on about shit.. One last thing though relating to your creation question right at the top of your post, whos to say god didnt place the first cells in a pool of water as seeds that would eventually grow into larger organisms, who was there to be able to prove me wrong when I say, Adam and Eve could very well have been apes...........? Theres explenations for everything if your not too ignorant to see it.

BTW..........get on msn more regularily fool... We got tracks to make..

obviously, you stole my point of view cos I said that in another religion thread but I used different examples and stuff...

I hardly get the time to go on the computer down here.. let alone go on MSN.. -_-

But anyway, what I really hate is religious people with no reason to be religious. I see them as mindless drones. Fair enough if you've studied the bible or the quaran or the vidas and you REALLY think its true... But half of the christians out there just have christian parents who tell them its right, or made up their minds about it based on some crap. Never picked up a bible except in sunday school. But still they believe everything some preacher feeds into their ears.. And they're the kind of guys who try to convert people. Like, the school where I work is a christian school and i'm not a christian.. niether are most of the students, but I get these kids trying to convince me christianity is the right way to go. They don't know shit about their religion or the document their religion is derived from and theyre trying to convert people. Its like if you go to school and some guy says to you "oh, a terrorist shot the president and blew up the whitehouse" and he spreads it around. Stupid people believe him without seeing it on the news or whatevever, skeptical guys don't believe it cos they havent seen it, and it all dies down around lunch time. Thats what religion is like in a way...

I don't not believe in a kind of God or a spiritual side to life... Religions are just so varied and full of nonsense.

Last edited by One M.B. : 08-11-05 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-12-05, 12:36 AM   #38
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
obviously, you stole my point of view cos I said that in another religion thread but I used different examples and stuff...

I hardly get the time to go on the computer down here.. let alone go on MSN.. -_-

But anyway, what I really hate is religious people with no reason to be religious. I see them as mindless drones. Fair enough if you've studied the bible or the quaran or the vidas and you REALLY think its true... But half of the christians out there just have christian parents who tell them its right, or made up their minds about it based on some crap. Never picked up a bible except in sunday school. But still they believe everything some preacher feeds into their ears.. And they're the kind of guys who try to convert people. Like, the school where I work is a christian school and i'm not a christian.. niether are most of the students, but I get these kids trying to convince me christianity is the right way to go. They don't know shit about their religion or the document their religion is derived from and theyre trying to convert people. Its like if you go to school and some guy says to you "oh, a terrorist shot the president and blew up the whitehouse" and he spreads it around. Stupid people believe him without seeing it on the news or whatevever, skeptical guys don't believe it cos they havent seen it, and it all dies down around lunch time. Thats what religion is like in a way...

I don't not believe in a kind of God or a spiritual side to life... Religions are just so varied and full of nonsense.

Stole your point of view? Nope.. Thats my own opinions..
But dude, everyone has a reason to be religious.. But I agree with you though, I hate fuckwhits who think they have a right to argue about religion when they havnt even looked past the one they follow. But the world is full of dense people who pretend they arnt, thats the reason most religion sounds so full of nonsense to you. Try and change it.
Old 08-12-05, 04:54 AM   #39
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Stole your point of view? Nope.. Thats my own opinions..
But dude, everyone has a reason to be religious.. But I agree with you though, I hate fuckwhits who think they have a right to argue about religion when they havnt even looked past the one they follow. But the world is full of dense people who pretend they arnt, thats the reason most religion sounds so full of nonsense to you. Try and change it.

Not most religion... Just some.
Old 08-12-05, 10:09 AM   #40
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

What ones are you into?
Old 08-12-05, 11:49 PM   #41
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
What ones are you into?

Well I sort of believe in a combination of a few religions... Because you never really know if religions are bullshit or not. Like Christian Catholics beliefs might have been changed and shit in medieval times when the church was being gay... Buddhism has branched into a few different factions.. The Anglicans were just made cos some king wanted a divorce.. All the different Muslim factions are at war..

Every religion has its bullshit. The best way to figure shit out is to study the info on your own and develop your own beliefs...
Old 08-13-05, 01:00 AM   #42
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Well I sort of believe in a combination of a few religions... Because you never really know if religions are bullshit or not. Like Christian Catholics beliefs might have been changed and shit in medieval times when the church was being gay... Buddhism has branched into a few different factions.. The Anglicans were just made cos some king wanted a divorce.. All the different Muslim factions are at war..

Every religion has its bullshit. The best way to figure shit out is to study the info on your own and develop your own beliefs...

Thats partly what I'm saying with religion being a translation from a bigger message, a lot of religion's charactoristics I find irrelevant because a lot of religious texts were also written specific to their time period, but I think that there is truth behind most of them in one way or another.. Christianity is basically the only sect other than islam that I'm knowledgable about.. The main religions that I study are Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.. Buddhism is just a sect of hinduism..

More or less I see sect's as man made versions, but the reason I follow Christianity is because Judists are stupid.. Jesus basically fit all their prophecys for the mesiah and they still believe he wasnt who he claimed to be. Go figure..

But yo, I'm glad you got good views on religion man.. Wouldnt wanna be in a group with a dumb cunt.. I got some pretty big theorys on things like the meaning of life I'll have to share with you some time..
Old 08-13-05, 04:15 AM   #43
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Thats partly what I'm saying with religion being a translation from a bigger message, a lot of religion's charactoristics I find irrelevant because a lot of religious texts were also written specific to their time period, but I think that there is truth behind most of them in one way or another.. Christianity is basically the only sect other than islam that I'm knowledgable about.. The main religions that I study are Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.. Buddhism is just a sect of hinduism..

More or less I see sect's as man made versions, but the reason I follow Christianity is because Judists are stupid.. Jesus basically fit all their prophecys for the mesiah and they still believe he wasnt who he claimed to be. Go figure..

But yo, I'm glad you got good views on religion man.. Wouldnt wanna be in a group with a dumb cunt.. I got some pretty big theorys on things like the meaning of life I'll have to share with you some time..

You should look into Buddhism a bit. You can't dismiss it just because the dude that started it was a Hindu before he made it. Basically what happened was Siddharta Guatama saw problems with the way Hinduism worked, and tried to find shit out for himself. And out of all the religions I reckon Buddhism makes the most sense... I'm not about to become a Buddhist though. Make sure you read up about the original sect of buddhism though... The other ones are just dudes who thought Guatama was a God.. The only thing about it that doesnt make sense to me is reincarnation... I can't quite get my mind around it.

But re-incarnation makes more sense than eternal life anyday. Think about it... Theres no evidence anywhere, ever of an eternal place or dead spirits living happily/in torment forever. But life ends and begins all the time. I just don't get the process of it.

And yeah Judaism is pretty gay... Islam is alright.
Old 08-13-05, 06:15 AM   #44
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
You should look into Buddhism a bit. You can't dismiss it just because the dude that started it was a Hindu before he made it. Basically what happened was Siddharta Guatama saw problems with the way Hinduism worked, and tried to find shit out for himself. And out of all the religions I reckon Buddhism makes the most sense... I'm not about to become a Buddhist though. Make sure you read up about the original sect of buddhism though... The other ones are just dudes who thought Guatama was a God..
I'll have to look into it.. I'm sure a lot of flaws are more to do with the hindu way of life and traditions. The only thing I dont understand though, is that hinduism is based on eternal learning and they actually encourage development of their religion. Siddharta must have had some pretty downright conflicting views to have had to start a new sect of hinduism for his purpose.

Quote:
The only thing about it that doesnt make sense to me is reincarnation... I can't quite get my mind around it.

But re-incarnation makes more sense than eternal life anyday. Think about it... Theres no evidence anywhere, ever of an eternal place or dead spirits living happily/in torment forever. But life ends and begins all the time. I just don't get the process of it.

And yeah Judaism is pretty gay... Islam is alright.
I can explain this. One of my theorys draws together both sides of this argument and makes use of aspects of astrology aswell. My way of peicing together reincarnation refers to life as a forever learning concience, I believe our concience begins in the most simple of organisms and as one organism dies, our concience is reborn in a more complex form, I believe the stage before human form, is an animal form and star signs play a big role in determining this. How far down the chain we are in this process I've yet to find an answer for, but I have started working out what the next stage is. Hindu's & most likly buddhist's would agree with this, however they believe that your just reborn randomly and being born a human is a gift, that theory is automatically flawed as the human population continues to grow. But mine stays intact, see I believe the next stage is not part of this world or time, and also beyond our dimentional constraints. Therefore, these dead spirits you talk of, wouldnt think of time the way we do, and eternity would be within their comprehension.

Its a lot to get your head around, and I plan on writing a book on my theorys later in my life. What I've said here doesent even begin to go into the complexity of this theory. But I've yet to find any major anomolys, and any minor flaws I have found have extremily plausable explenations.

But like I said man, I'll share my theorys with you later when we got time. Islam is also a very close minded religion. But they have their own customs and belief's which you have to respect.