RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-05, 03:29 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
Affirmative Action

IP: 28AD 5545

Please no arguing in here. Everyone be respectful for god's sake, but open.

I for one think affirmative action shouldn't be here. But for the white male's in this country.. place the blaim on the history of this country. With the obvious hate here, you can't honestly think it'll be easy to get a job being a woman or of a different racial group. The problem with affirmative action on the black side is that people don't believe you'd get hired without it. That'd piss you off pretty bad. The problem with it on the white side is white males who are more qualified are being passed up. I say this, the only sollution for this is to show an obvious change in racism. Since obviously due to song's like green day's minority, plenty of americans are ignorant to the struggles of minoritys, including women. It seems people believe affirmative action completly kills out everything when in reality it doesn't. I say get rid of it and its up to people to correct racism when they see it wether it affects them or not.
Old 12-03-05, 03:33 PM   #2
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

fuck rock...........
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 12-03-05, 05:44 PM   #3
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

okay, here's what i have to say about affirmative action

less than 1% of major business leaders in this country are African American.
do you really think black people are born incapable of competing with whites for these positions? no, so its obviously either that culture and the situation they were born into does not create the opportunity for them to succeed, or there is blatant discrimination in the workforce. Affirmative action attempts to help both of these problems, as it obviously fights discrimination by requiring a certain amount of minorities to be hired, but also low-income groups are a target for affirmative action, so it corrects that side of the problem also. this is obviously a short-term fix, but something has to be done.

and yes, i realize sometimes more qualified white males might not be given the job because of affirmative action, but as a white male i say boo hiss, sacrifices have to be made, and something has to be done

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 12-03-05, 06:05 PM   #4
Magic5

IP: 543A A18E

^ Fuck that. If I'm more qualified then a minority I should be given the job. It would piss me off to no end if some random minority got the job that I've worked harder, and have a bigger and better backround in, just because he is a minority. If somebody gets taken instead of me by a company I want to know that it's because they'd do better, and beat me out in credentials, not because they're a different race and I'm white. Your great big solution is "deal with it?" Are you fucking serious?

This would have to be one of the first times that I agree with Indeph in a race related thread, because in this thread he's right. Affirmative action shouldn't be a solution and it's a disappoint that right now it's being used as one.
Old 12-03-05, 06:09 PM   #5
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
^ Fuck that. If I'm more qualified then a minority I should be given the job. It would piss me off to no end if some random minority got the job that I've worked harder, and have a bigger and better backround in, just because he is a minority. If somebody gets taken instead of me by a company I want to know that it's because they'd do better, and beat me out in credentials, not because they're a different race and I'm white. Your great big solution is "deal with it?" Are you fucking serious?

This would have to be one of the first times that I agree with Indeph in a race related thread, because in this thread he's right. Affirmative action shouldn't be a solution and it's a disappoint that right now it's being used as one.

okay, i almost agreed with all of that if you read my post, except for the fact that affirmative action shouldnt exist

so, you're saying its better for all minorities to remain at the bottom of the workforce and never have an opportunity (yes opportunity, it starts in college) to do anything better with their lives than for a few whites to not get jobs because our society is fucked up? i admitted that its not perfect, and its just a temporary fix, butsomething has to be done

im just sayin a few whites not getting a job is worth it in the long run if its gonna help fix a major problem in our society

Last edited by BL4Y : 12-03-05 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-03-05, 07:48 PM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: F8A4 CCA1

Yo, I dont know what its like in america so I wont speak on that, but over here, I get pissed off as fuck. Aborigionals get given more fucking rights than we do and all most of em do is sit around sniffing peterol and being bush bums anyway...

There was a university doctors final exam a year or so ago where the marks you had to get were something like 97% to get in. Some dickhead aborigional girl scored something like 75% and she got in.. And this other white dude scored just under 97% (like 96.8%, that sorta thing) and he got knocked back, ofcourse. But that created an uproar that they are letting bad doctors in JUST because they are minoritys. Aborigional children get PAID to go to school, they get given benefits UP THE ASS for shit like home buying, universitys etc etc etc...

Minoritys have EVERY chance to come up and make something of themselves just like every normal white person does. WE LIVE IN POOR AREAS TOO, WE COME FROM BAD FAMILYS TOO, YET WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR SUPPORT?????????

Mother fuckers act like if the government doesent spoon feed them their entire race will crumble.. Basic fact is, MINORITYS WANT EQUALITY, THEN WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THEY GET GIVEN SPECIAL RIGHTS OVER US.

Boom. Answer that.
Old 12-03-05, 07:57 PM   #9
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 20A7 4A68

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu cullian
aboriginals deserve it tho cause theere koo lol

but honestly in aamerica i think the only race that really deserves shit is the american indians i mean they got completly fucked over

That isn't even helping them though. Most of the Indians blow the money when they turn 18, so all in all it goes right back to the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 12-03-05, 07:57 PM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: F8A4 CCA1

Quote:
aboriginals deserve it tho cause theere koo lol

but honestly in aamerica i think the only race that really deserves shit is the american indians i mean they got completly fucked over

Have you ever met an aborigional?

I aint gonna front, some of em are dope cats..

But loads of em are for lack of a better word.........*cough*stupid*cough*

WHOOPS... Did I say stupid? Just pretend you didnt hear that...
Old 12-04-05, 12:42 AM   #12
Magic5

Quote:
will sum1 explain exactly wat affirmative action is i hear alot of american politicians talkin bout it n i hav a good idea wat it is but not exactly

It's like.. minorities are given benefits (i.e. jobs, scholarships, etc.) even ifsomebody who is white is more qualified for the same thing. And, essentially, it's fucking stupid.
Old 12-04-05, 12:45 AM   #13
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Yo, I dont know what its like in america so I wont speak on that, but over here, I get pissed off as fuck. Aborigionals get given more fucking rights than we do and all most of em do is sit around sniffing peterol and being bush bums anyway...

There was a university doctors final exam a year or so ago where the marks you had to get were something like 97% to get in. Some dickhead aborigional girl scored something like 75% and she got in.. And this other white dude scored just under 97% (like 96.8%, that sorta thing) and he got knocked back, ofcourse. But that created an uproar that they are letting bad doctors in JUST because they are minoritys. Aborigional children get PAID to go to school, they get given benefits UP THE ASS for shit like home buying, universitys etc etc etc...

Minoritys have EVERY chance to come up and make something of themselves just like every normal white person does. WE LIVE IN POOR AREAS TOO, WE COME FROM BAD FAMILYS TOO, YET WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR SUPPORT?????????

Mother fuckers act like if the government doesent spoon feed them their entire race will crumble.. Basic fact is, MINORITYS WANT EQUALITY, THEN WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THEY GET GIVEN SPECIAL RIGHTS OVER US.

Boom. Answer that.

Yeah, same type of shit JUST HAPPENED in my school. My english teacher hands out a standardized test and before I even opened I knew I wasn't going to take it. When I was filling in personal information one of the questions was something like, "What race are you? (Based on your racial backround this test may lead to an opportunity to a scholarship) Choices = White, Hispanic, Black, Asian, Plus three other shits that I don't remember"

It's just like.. what the fuck is that? It's so fucking retarded.
Old 12-04-05, 12:49 AM   #14
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4Y
okay, i almost agreed with all of that if you read my post, except for the fact that affirmative action shouldnt exist

so, you're saying its better for all minorities to remain at the bottom of the workforce and never have an opportunity (yes opportunity, it starts in college) to do anything better with their lives than for a few whites to not get jobs because our society is fucked up? i admitted that its not perfect, and its just a temporary fix, butsomething has to be done

im just sayin a few whites not getting a job is worth it in the long run if its gonna help fix a major problem in our society

Can you not read?

I DON'T WANT TO SACRIFICE MY FUCKING JOB TO HELP SOMEBODY WHO I'M MORE QUALIFIED THEN. I don't give a fuck. If I'm the best man for the job, I don't want a minority to have it instead of me to "fix problems in society." That's a load of bullshit. If they were applying for the same job as me, odds are they'd have to be near where I am in the credential department, so don't feed me that "well, they need an opportunity too." If I end up having more experience, respond to their interview better, and have slightly better credentials, then why the fuck should they get the job instead of me?

Giving minorities jobs that they don't earn isn't going to fix anything. That just fuels racism, as a random white man who just got beat out for a job he totally deserved isn't going to feel too fucking happy about it, and you're retarded for thinking that Affirmative Action is going to help solve shit.
Old 12-04-05, 05:50 PM   #15
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Yeah, same type of shit JUST HAPPENED in my school. My english teacher hands out a standardized test and before I even opened I knew I wasn't going to take it. When I was filling in personal information one of the questions was something like, "What race are you? (Based on your racial backround this test may lead to an opportunity to a scholarship) Choices = White, Hispanic, Black, Asian, Plus three other shits that I don't remember"

It's just like.. what the fuck is that? It's so fucking retarded.

meh, u gotta understand there being minority scholarships and shit started, because they have been put in a position where they have had to try and "come up" as a culture after the way they started out in this country

kinda sucks for us temporarily, but i dunno... realistically it will probably never affect you. i'm a white male and i got into both of the colleges i applied to