RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-05, 05:22 PM   #16
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

I call them arabs or hindus, the ones with the turbans arabs, everyone else hindu...sometimes guinese. Sorry, but im too lazy to learn all that shit and i just dont care enough.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 12-05-05, 05:26 PM   #17
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: E69D 2F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
-If i was asian and someone called me a paki, id be like...yeah your a brit..

It is not offencive unless stated in an abusive tone.

Now i understand what your saying, but fuckin dicke bird etc regularly say it in cricket commentating.

Australia = aussies
West ndies = windys
Pakistan = pakis

How can it be derogotary, when its just a shortened version, nickname if you like.

Paki is an offensive term, because it is used by racists to refer to Pakistani - so instead of blaming me for finding it offensive, why don't you blame yourself for not being able to use a more appropriate term?

It is deragatory because that is what the purpose of it is - Now once again, as I mentioned in my last post and as you argue, why should it be offensive if it is used as a shortened term?

Considering this word is used by racists, how do I know who uses it to offend and who uses it as a shortened version?

Instead of blaming me, blame yourselves for not being able to use another alternative - the fact is, the history of this word is so that it has been used predominately by racists with the sole purpose to offend, so why should I accept it as a viable term that can be used to describe me?

So fuck being lazy, and just use Pakistani - as I said, I accept Paki is a shorter version but the context of the word is not so that it can be used by the ordinary man - people still use this word to offend people like me...

Again, I have no idea about that cricket commentator....if he uses it though, it does not mean he is correct....he might or you might use it without a bad intention, but try telling that to people who are insulted daily simply because it was initially used to insult...and that's it
Old 12-05-05, 05:31 PM   #18
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicKnife
Paki is an offensive term, because it is used by racists to refer to Pakistani - so instead of blaming me for finding it offensive, why don't you blame yourself for not being able to use a more appropriate term?

So your a racist as soon as you call a brit a brit.

If i was going to be racist, is say a lot more than Paki, believe me.

A more appropriate term you say, tell me one other than pakastani. Cause you wouldnt go calling an aussie australien in open conversation, i guarantee that.
Old 12-05-05, 05:32 PM   #19
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

Quote:
Again, I have no idea about that cricket commentator....if he uses it though, it does not mean he is correct....he might or you might use it without a bad intention, but try telling that to people who are insulted daily simply because it was initially used to insult...and that's it

Thats not just one person,

english, australian and pakistni commentators all refer to the team as the pakis when a game is on.

Its acceptable as they know its not used in abusive context.
Old 12-05-05, 05:44 PM   #20
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
So your a racist as soon as you call a brit a brit.

If i was going to be racist, is say a lot more than Paki, believe me.

A more appropriate term you say, tell me one other than pakastani. Cause you wouldnt go calling an aussie australien in open conversation, i guarantee that.

Ok your still misunderstanding my main points....

Firstly, the term Brit was never 'intended' to be used as a racist term and when used predominately today, it IS NOT used as a racist term...

On the other hand, Paki was 'intended' to be racists and today is used predominately as a racist term...

There is a difference, right?

Underlying all this is the intention of the person -

Brit - If someone uses this term with the intention of offending the person simply because of their race, yes, they are a racist...

Paki - If a peson uses this term with the intention to offend it is racist also...

The difference is, Paki was intended to be a racist term - so why should a person use it knowing that most of the people that use it are racist, and that if said to a Pakistani they will find it offensive

As with Brit, it was not intended to be racist...so if someone calls you it, you do not expect them to be racist (whereas you would expect a person using Paki to be racists) - however, the person maybe using it as a racist term in which case it is wrong

The difference is the context of the word - I hope you understand this point....this is my main point, the context of the word...

If you were going to be racist you would say a lot more than Paki?

What's your point....? The fact is, racists use this term to be racists and even racists say a lot more than just that, but that doesn't mean the term becomes 'un-racist' all of a sudden...

I told you, a more appropriate term would be Asian - people use this to describe Pakistanis and Indians, and because it was never intended to be racist (racists would never really use this) Pakistanis and Indians do not find it offensive, or shall I say, they do not EXPECT it to be offensive when the term is used....
Old 12-05-05, 05:56 PM   #21
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

^Its in the persons opinion, someone can say paki cuz they dont feel like saying the whole word and they dont have to be racist...the same way you say brit, you dont mean it, but just because someone says paki dont mean theyre racist.

And paki's/indians, etc. should not be classified under Asian...Asian is like korea,japanese, chinese, etc. everyone with slanted eyes and shit (yes they have slanted eyes wtf else am i gonna explain them with), people get mad protective over shit so theyll be all oh you're racist for sayin slanted eyes etc. =/
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 12-05-05, 06:11 PM   #23
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
^Its in the persons opinion, someone can say paki cuz they dont feel like saying the whole word and they dont have to be racist...the same way you say brit, you dont mean it, but just because someone says paki dont mean theyre racist.

And paki's/indians, etc. should not be classified under Asian...Asian is like korea,japanese, chinese, etc. everyone with slanted eyes and shit (yes they have slanted eyes wtf else am i gonna explain them with), people get mad protective over shit so theyll be all oh you're racist for sayin slanted eyes etc. =/

Go read every single post I have made - Just because a person says Paki it does not mean they are racist, but if they know it is used racists but say it not be racist themselves then they are being stupid...

But most people use that term to be racists here in England anyway...I should know - you won't find the common person using that term, they know it is politically incorrect...

As for the second part, well Pakistan and India are part of the Asian continent - and here in the U.K we are referred to as Asians and no one has a problem with it generally...so it is a much more appropriate term than Paki...
Old 12-05-05, 06:15 PM   #24
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu cullian
ye they should india and pakistan are in asia makin the people asian

n ye jus cause sum1 says it dont make them racist i agree wit that but if they truley are not racist y can they not just say pakistani or asian

Yeh

And I don't blame the common people, it is actually the fault of these racist morons who have shaped the meaning of this word sadly...

Rather than focusing on those who say it and arguing on their behalf, look at those who may be insulted by this word i.e are the victims of it...
Old 12-05-05, 08:05 PM   #25
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 6D2C 475B

I'm pakistani and i can't relate to being called that word. but i do know that it's offensive to Pakistani's, Indians, Bangladeshi's all those southern Asians there might be a history of shit u don't know but the truth is it's hard fo me considering my name is Osama and over here people can't tell the difference between an Indian and an Arab. But on the real the word Paki is just lazy racism in the end.

Eye for an eye makes the world go blind
Send a message via AIM to M.C. Streak   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 10:43 PM   #26
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 48D7 AE69

Quote:
Paki is a racist term, Daubs your logic is very flawed and I will prove that to be the case...

Paki is just like any other offensive word, the reason why it is offensive is not solely or even slightly because of what the word actually means or has been derived from, but because of the reason WHY it is used...hence if it is used by people to be offensive, then it is and will be offensive - The word Paki was used by racists (it was supposed to be a deragatory term for Pakistanis), and is still used by racists hence Pakistanis (like myself) find it offensive if it used by a person...

It is just like 'nigger' - The fact is, if you minus the history of the word nigger and the type of people it was intentionally used by as a deragatory term (the racists) then you could argue that there is nothing wrong with the actual word because it is derived from Negro which is an acceptable term...however, this is taking the word nigger out of context, and its history, and the fact it too was invented to be used as an offensive term....

Your logic is horribly flawed because you assume Paki is just a short word for Pakistani, and can be used instead of the latter....your assumption is wrong, because I do not know if you are aware, but racist motherfuckers use that term...whereas terms like Brit, they are not offensive because when they were first used and in the majority of cases when they are used now, their purpose is NOT to be offensive....

Now you could argue why Paki should be offensive, same way you can argue why Nigger should be offensive (I know the big difference between the two terms in terms of history) and that people should not find it offensive if it is not said to offend...however, go tell that to every single person who has been insulted with these terms, only for being who they are - besides, nothing is that easy...why should people like you be able to use terms that were popularly used by racists....just use the word Pakistani or Negro (for black people), or even Asian (something people do not find offensive in Britain when used to refer to people from the subcontinent)....

As for the part about the cricket commentators...that is bullshit - I watch cricket, and I have no idea which cricket you have been watching (probabaly some shit by the BNP maybe?), commentators NEVER and have NEVER used the term Paki as it is politically uncorrect, and rest assured if they did, you would find them receiving many complaints...

So drop your flawed logic, or try to reason with me....

This is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read..

You talk about paki not being an abreviation of pakistani, but you give absolutly no reference to what it really is. And by logical assumption Paki is the first 4 letters of pakistani therefore it is a shortened version.

And whether or not it has been used in the past as a derrogatory term, it in no way can be related to the word nigger. Nigger is classafied as a disparaging term for a dark skinned race derrived from the french word neger for 'black person', it has actual meaning and is not an abreviation.

Paki, while it is believed to be a disparaging term and is classafied as 'offencive slang'. He is compleatly correct that it is nothing more than an abreviation and carries the same weight in conversation as 'aussie' for an Australian, or 'windy' for a person from the west indies. The only time someone should get offended by this term is when it is used in an offencive mannor. If someone says "I was jus chillin with a few of my paki mates" ...How the fuck is that offencive?

You cannot put this word in the same classification as nigger and anyone who does is looking for an excuse to winge when it is not warrented.

And dont let me catch you trying to say its not an abreviation again either. Becuase its right there in the dictionary. "[Short for PAKISTANI.]"
Old 12-06-05, 01:04 AM   #27
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

oh my god, what fucking dumb argument.

Pakistanis are idiots if they are offended by the term paki. I mean for fucks sake. "You're a paki." ... no matter how its said, if I was from pakistan i'd go, "yeah... I am... what about it?"

It WOULD be offensive, however, if someone were to say "those fuckin pakis are always terrorists" or "Yeah he stole a TV, but what do you expect from a paki." But that in no way makes the term paki a racist term. Its just a way to refer to pakistanis. What is racist is the surrounding clauses.
Old 12-06-05, 01:40 PM   #28
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: DAA8 774F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
This is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read..

You talk about paki not being an abreviation of pakistani, but you give absolutly no reference to what it really is. And by logical assumption Paki is the first 4 letters of pakistani therefore it is a shortened version.

And whether or not it has been used in the past as a derrogatory term, it in no way can be related to the word nigger. Nigger is classafied as a disparaging term for a dark skinned race derrived from the french word neger for 'black person', it has actual meaning and is not an abreviation.

Paki, while it is believed to be a disparaging term and is classafied as 'offencive slang'. He is compleatly correct that it is nothing more than an abreviation and carries the same weight in conversation as 'aussie' for an Australian, or 'windy' for a person from the west indies. The only time someone should get offended by this term is when it is used in an offencive mannor. If someone says "I was jus chillin with a few of my paki mates" ...How the fuck is that offencive?

You cannot put this word in the same classification as nigger and anyone who does is looking for an excuse to winge when it is not warrented.

And dont let me catch you trying to say its not an abreviation again either. Becuase its right there in the dictionary. "[Short for PAKISTANI.]"

You have to be blind to to look at the word Paki and not realise that it is OBVIOUSLY an abbreviation of Pakistani - I was not denying this, I was rather pointing out that its use of purpose here in the U.K is not as a shortened version of the fuller word to describe a Pakistani, but rather as an offensive term...understand?

I never said it could be related to Nigger - just quote me saying that in fact, I was actually responding to the argument that it is not offensive if it is not said in an offensive way...though this may be true, (people use Nigger all the time, even black people have embraced the word to describe themselves) I still do not think the case is as simple as that....same with Paki in that sense, because it has for a while not been used to describe Pakistani but is more of a racist term, so just because a person may say it in a nice way, why should it still be used?

Paki may be on the face of it, an abbreviation however you cannot classify it in the same category as Aussie, or Brit, because of the history and context of which this word is commonly used - rather than you dictating in an idealistic way what is right and what is wrong, why don't you go ask Pakistanis if they like this term?

I guarantee you 99% in the U.K will say no, because of the fact this word was used to insult and not as an abbreviation...the purpose is different to what the word actually is, and if you read my post I actually mentioned this - so if we Pakistanis do not like this word (because of the reasons I have mentioned) then who the fuck are you to use this term to describe us? Understand my point....?

I never put it in the same category as Nigger, hence why I even mentioned that I knew the difference in terms of history between the words....and I have already mentioned why I made my comparison....if I was like you, I could easily argue why a black person should find nigger offensive, if it is not said in an offensive way...

The fact is, that would be totally disregarding the history of the word....black people do not like that word because it was used to insult them...Pakistanis don't like Paki in the U.K because it is a deragory term and was used to insult them...so why should either accept the word? This is regardless of Paki being an abbreviation, because as I mentioned earlier Paki was never used as a substitute to be an abbreviation for Pakistani, but was rather a term used to insult Pakistanis...when a normal person uses the word knowingly, it is not something a Pakistani will like....so once again

Instead of being a bitch and arguing in favour of the user, why don't you argue for the victims? If we don't like this word...then who the fuck are you to use it?

Simple
Old 12-06-05, 01:43 PM   #29
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

Not of that alters the fact that you should be proud of your heritage.
Someone calls you a paki, say and what, that suppost to offend me...your a fuckin brit...etc.

No harm in it.

PS, out of interest where in the UK you at.
Old 12-06-05, 01:47 PM   #30
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: DAA8 774F

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
oh my god, what fucking dumb argument.

Pakistanis are idiots if they are offended by the term paki. I mean for fucks sake. "You're a paki." ... no matter how its said, if I was from pakistan i'd go, "yeah... I am... what about it?"

It WOULD be offensive, however, if someone were to say "those fuckin pakis are always terrorists" or "Yeah he stole a TV, but what do you expect from a paki." But that in no way makes the term paki a racist term. Its just a way to refer to pakistanis. What is racist is the surrounding clauses.

No you are wrong...

Youre are an idiot for not understanding the way this word was used - ONLY people who wanted to insult Pakistanis, and try to look down upon them used Paki...and this is still the case today, so why should Pakistanis accept a term that is used to insult them?

No it is not a way to refer to Pakistanis - hardly anyone but racist bigots use that word in the U.K, and because of that if you said it in front of a Pakistani, they would think you are insulting them...................SIMPLY BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THE TERM IS USED...understand? So how can you blame them....?

Come to the U.K, it is easy to type sitting near your computer and approaching everything idealistically, completely ignoring the reality...ask a Pakistani here if they like this term....and if you really feel in the mood, go to a place where a group of Pakistanis are out and about, just call them it, and see what happens.......

If its just a way to refer to Pakistanis then why is it, only racist motherfuckers supporting the BNP use it? Unfortunately, this word was initially embraced by the racist motherfuckers, and they used it to their advantage so to offend Pakistanis...so fuck you, I'm not accepting it...and I don't like the tone of your post, so don't complain about what you get in return...