RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-06, 09:50 PM   #31
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by distilled
We dont know the word of god. Thats what im trying to say. Humans Lied, Christianity lied. If someone in this day and age tells you they'v spoken to god, nobody believes him.

People were gullible. Trying to communicate with God would be the same as Trying to communicate witha dead person.

Yeah I agree. But I understand most christians understanding of it. (assuming christianity is true) Jesus was God, right? So he rocked up to earth to lay down the facts and shit. He was basically the word of God. Now some guys recorded what happened and things he said and lessons he taught, and that is what makes up the bible.. so christians follow the bible.

But what they miss, is that theres many translations of the bible, and probably even the oldest scrolls and shit are copies, albeit bad ones, and theyve been tossed and turned around, translated back and forth, and manipulated... so christians, unless they learn hebrew and study sacred scrolls, are living their lives by a vague, yet well tossed salad-like document.
Old 01-02-06, 10:04 PM   #32
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

IP: B883 0CC4

Quote:
Originally Posted by distilled
We dont know the word of god. Thats what im trying to say. Humans Lied, Christianity lied. If someone in this day and age tells you they'v spoken to god, nobody believes him.

People were gullible. Trying to communicate with God would be the same as Trying to communicate witha dead person.

Not necessarily, and i know what you mean, if you sit down and say "god, uhh, sup?".. hes not gonna say in his booming voice and have lighting come down on you with a "nothing, what about you?" ... Ever heard that god speaks in mysterious ways?

Merciless Cult.
Send a message via AIM to Incineratedrose   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 10:45 PM   #33
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F7E3 42B8

I get what your both saying.

OMB, I thought Jesus was the son of god, not meant to be god. But still, The word of Jesus And thus God is not based on fact if it came from Jesus, its based on the words of a man. Someone who today would more than likely be classified as insane.

But that also makes me think now, in the bible t does say jesus will come back to earth in a 1000 years, or whatever. Maybe it is true, and Jesus can see it all happening again.

But I dont think so. And yeah Hopesfall I get what your saying. Like, people say they see signs and things.

But look at it this way-

A Man sees what he believes is a sign from god. He interprets this as to fulfil his life, he must help the poor, feed the hungry and so on and so forth.
Another Man sees what h also believes is a sign from God, only he interprets it as He should Murder his family because It is their time to go to heaven.

People would only believe that the first man saw a sign from God. But whos to say he's not crazy. That he's helping people based purely on thoughts in his head. Both Men believe what their doing is right. And what God wants.

I dont know. Not sure where i'm going. Its much easier to speak than it is to type.

But think about it.

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 10:53 PM   #34
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Well thats a big difference, i believe that god is not evil, thus, it doesnt matter what the men think what they're doing is right. It matters what IS right, and people arent stupid. Feeding the poor, has that ever been seen as an evil thing? or honorable? A trait of god. Murdering your family, is that seen as evil? fuck yeah. That's not a trait of a god. You cant compare those two. And mebbe the first guy is crazy, but you could say that in this case, god speaks through insanity, he was a bad man before when he was sane, then he goes insane and all of a sudden wants to do a bunch of good things because god tells him to. Is that a bad thing?

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-02-06, 11:57 PM   #35
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F7E3 42B8

I'm not saying its a bad thing. I'm saynig what if 'God' Influenced both.
Imagine How twisted the image of god would become if that were true.

I'm sure I recall George Bush Saying that God told him to Invade Iraq or something.

Honestly I can probably say right now mi talking nonsense, cos i'v worked all day and its nearly dawn for some reason, and m still awake.

But yeh, i'll come back to this 2mrw.

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-06, 12:02 AM   #36
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Yeah bush did say god told him that. Wouldn't it just be peachy if satan really told him that? And that would trigger the apocolypse or something.
Old 01-03-06, 12:03 AM   #37
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Its not like the image of god is accepted as the same on a major level, and what does that even have to do with anything? the image of god being twisted? its different to every single person. How does that argue anything? People see him differently, that doesnt make the actions right, acceptable, or moral. Just because a crazy guy sees him as evil, telling him to do evil. Doesnt mean that god himself IS evil.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-03-06, 12:21 AM   #38
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Actually the image of God to all christians is the same, and christians are a majority.
Old 01-03-06, 12:27 AM   #39
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Not for long, muslims.. Lol, and not every single christian sees god as the same you turd.

I would know, i am one.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-03-06, 02:33 PM   #41
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Alright? but what about god himself in the Quran? You know the Quran still pertains to a god-like figure. Just jesus wasnt his name.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-03-06, 04:44 PM   #43
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopesfall
Not for long, muslims.. Lol, and not every single christian sees god as the same you turd.

I would know, i am one.

They do... Anglicans and Protestants see God, Jesus and the holy spirit as one, and all of them are God. And Gods character is detailed in the bible... Maybe perceptions or views of God would vary, but they should all be seeing things the same since the information is right there.
Old 01-03-06, 09:41 PM   #44
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Think about it, taken from what Distilled said, What if god tells a man to do good and feed the homeless, and tells the next man to kill his family. Anyone in their right mind would know that god wouldnt want you to kill your family, but thats how this certain man see's god, as a being who wants him to kill his family, whereas the other guy see's god as a caring being who wants him to help out the less fortunate. So clearly, the image of god can be very different in the eyes of anyone, no matter their involvement in christianity, the devil reaches everyone.

Merciless Cult.

Last edited by Hopesfall : 01-03-06 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-03-06, 09:45 PM   #45
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu cullian
the quran believes that allah is "god" but allah and god are just 2 dif words for the same thing

Yeah, so its the same concept as the bible. You just said you dont believe the bible because "god"'s name is "Jesus"... you dont believe in Christianity because his name differs?

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the same being, when you read the bible, Jesus speaks and always says "we".. so clearly there is more than one entity within him. PLUS, its called the holy trinity, God, jesus, holy spirit, and its called the Mystery Of The Trinity, its a mystery, good luck figuring it out. You gotta wait til you get there.

Merciless Cult.