RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-06, 09:57 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
"Has America become a godless society?"

IP: 0825 899A

I hear this being thrown around a lot lately. In my oppinion, it seems like religion has become a battle for attention. People have forgotten the whole point of "seperation of church and state". On the AOL news they said people were complaining about there being no prayer in schools. Are they worried about the numbers they have or the faith they hold in the 1st place?Christians complained about being told happy holidays, now they're complaining about how god ISN'T being talked about in school. I understand the positives of it, but the 1st amendment I believe was freedom of religion. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think America is a godless society?
Old 01-15-06, 10:05 PM   #2
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

IP: B883 0CC4

Uhh, i dont think its godless, but definately god has lost his "influence" over a lot of America. I mean, people "claim" to be christian, or whatever, but with most of their decisions in life i highly doubt god plays that much of a factor in much of it.

Merciless Cult.
Send a message via AIM to Incineratedrose   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 10:53 PM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 328E 597A

Peoples ideas of 'god' and 'religion' these days are usually so far warped from the truth I dont blame a lot of western country's populations for choosing to live without religion......

Even people who work at churches are just so ignorant and naieve about the whole thing..... It sickens me.....
Old 01-15-06, 11:07 PM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Let people believe what they want...ultimately, we'll all have to answer to God for every WORD and DEED

u can rest assured of that one

And no, America isn't Godless...it's the only reason America is still standing right now...the prayers of the true believers

So much you all don't understand
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-06, 12:09 AM   #5
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

I hear ya Q but it's to the point where people who believe in God are sometimes riduiclued and daily sins and temptations are commonplace and often taken in as part of 'regular' society, case in point nonmarital sex. Now I'll be the first to say I've had sex and I'm far from marriage, but I've repented and asked for forgiveness and such. But majority of America sees it as commonplace to just smash and shit. But hey as long as I get to Heaven with the Father I'm cool. Word.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-06, 08:56 PM   #6
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Lmao. Tha Q, your opinion sucks. The only reason America is still up is do to other people's prayers? Shut the fuck up. That's BY FAR the most homo ass thing that's been said in this thread. Good job.
Old 01-16-06, 08:57 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Chill yo f'real.^ The only reason you know the words to say that is because of people's prayers.
Old 01-18-06, 04:50 AM   #8
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 3974 44EB

america isn't Godless, there confused.
I believe in God, however i don't call myself a christian, because i believe the christian religion, as other religions, are more concerned with the tangible aspects of it. in this day in age, people think you need to go to church to be a christian, when it says in the bible, your body is God's temple, so if God lives inside of me, why do i need to go to church to talk to him, worship him, etc...

and the idea of a man who died for our sins is somewhat baffeling, because that means we are free to do what we wish, without consequence in the afterlife, as long as we are sincerely sorry...now to me that seems ass backwards, because i personally believe...it's more important how we live our lives, and influence others than praying to jesus every night. I may not be a conventional christian, but if i can influence people to live the way God would like us to live, i am bringing them closer to God, than I am if i sin as much as I please, and ask for forgiveness every night.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 04:45 PM   #9
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B980 5CFC

i think thats why the crime rate went up SOO high since like the 50s and everything because LOTZ of people dont have religion and people that do have religion are hardly ever religous like me im christian but i cant even remember the last time i prayed....it aint cuz of the music that influences kids too do crimes music is just a spitting image of what the person rapping or singing thinks along wit the rest of society and that is that no one hardly has religion...people used to pray and all that and it was lotz better back in the days when people thought it was evil to commit a sin...even if there is no god or devil the concept still worked..but the crime rate also got higher because of higher population and they couldnt show alota shit that went down in the 50s not even the news now they can and we seein all this shit but that my opinion
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 08:51 PM   #10
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 3974 44EB

could the crime rate also be due to the fact that jobs are less and less? and people are feeling a sense of desperation? ^^^^

irrrelevant to the topic, i know

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 10:36 PM   #11
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B980 5CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Vision
could the crime rate also be due to the fact that jobs are less and less? and people are feeling a sense of desperation? ^^^^

irrrelevant to the topic, i know

yea could be theres lotz of reasons why the crime rate went up but like i said religions probably a big one
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 11:28 PM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Are you fuckin serious?

Of course.. its an EXTREMELY Godless society.

2000 years back, almost everyone would have been stoned to death or some shit. In case you havent noticed, religion evolves just like technology. Everytime theres a new invention that saves us a bit of time or lets us do something without getting up, theres a new interperetation of religion (within chrisitanity mostly) that says its OK to do something classed as a sin.

As a race, people just arent honest anymore. Christians wont "say the lords name in vain" but they'll have sex, lie, cheat, kill and steal... and remember gluttony? Yeah its still a sin. But americans eat like theres no tomorrow while 3rd world countries wish their rice fields would grow and their water wasnt polluted.

Im not even a christian, but ive studied religion and the bible... Its so obvious the worlds take on shit is twisted.

Im not one to judge, I mean, I steal as many chocolate cakes as the next man... but this shit is all obvious.
Old 01-19-06, 02:28 AM   #13
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Lmao. Tha Q, your opinion sucks. The only reason America is still up is do to other people's prayers? Shut the fuck up. That's BY FAR the most homo ass thing that's been said in this thread. Good job.

^ Godless Mimesis.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 01-20-06, 09:45 PM   #15
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP: 0825 899A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Are you fuckin serious?

Of course.. its an EXTREMELY Godless society.

2000 years back, almost everyone would have been stoned to death or some shit. In case you havent noticed, religion evolves just like technology. Everytime theres a new invention that saves us a bit of time or lets us do something without getting up, theres a new interperetation of religion (within chrisitanity mostly) that says its OK to do something classed as a sin.

As a race, people just arent honest anymore. Christians wont "say the lords name in vain" but they'll have sex, lie, cheat, kill and steal... and remember gluttony? Yeah its still a sin. But americans eat like theres no tomorrow while 3rd world countries wish their rice fields would grow and their water wasnt polluted.

Im not even a christian, but ive studied religion and the bible... Its so obvious the worlds take on shit is twisted.

Im not one to judge, I mean, I steal as many chocolate cakes as the next man... but this shit is all obvious.

Yeah I feel you on that. But the paper I read was referring to how christianity isn't playing a part in the government anymore. I'm not a christian either, but I believe in god. And to me everyone's molded christianity into what fits their lifestyle.