RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-06, 12:34 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

T.I.-King.

IP: E3CA 7CA2

Pretty decent CD. Hooks aren't all that, but lyrics are nice, and overall songs are good.

Here's the breakdown for me so far:

1. King Back 4:38 -Intro Track. Crazy ass beat. Nice intro. Tight lyrics. Creative track. Nothing special. Just an good intro. I give this song 9/10

2. Front Back (Featuring UGK) 3:43 - Probably already heard this. Second official single off album. Nice track, nice collab with UGK. Tight ass Mannie Fresh beat. Nothing special with the album though. It doesn't really go well with the other song, but single wise...this was a nice track. 7/10

3. What You Know 4:08 -Hot ass song. Heard thsi already I know. 1st Single off the album. I'm feeling tha hook, tha concept..tha beat, and tha lyrics on this track. This track is damn near perfect in my eyes. 9/10

4. I'm Talkin' To You 5:06 - I dont really like the beat too much, but tha flow is bananas. Best flow on tha cd. Just Blaze beat...not all that tight. Talkin about Flip, but in tha lyrics he's bigging up other rap artist...He names a lot of rap artist that he respects. Nice flow...ight track...beat not all that. I give this track 7/10

5. Live In The Sky (Featuring Jamie Foxx) 5:46 -One of the best songs on this album. Nice slow track. Nice vocals by Foxx. Nice collab. T.I. had some deep lyrics on this one. I'm feeling this. Nice beat. Nice slow tempo beat. Nice lyrics. Nice concept. Nice track. Best track in my eyes on the album. 10/10

6. Ride Wit Me 4:05 -I actually like this track. I like the beat. I like the concept of it. Lyrics are good. Nice overall track. Not much to say about it, just don't sleep on this track. 8/10

7. The Breakup 1:57 -Skit I do believe. Ain't really listened to thsi. Nothing special I guess. I'll listen to it later.

8. Why You Wanna 3:50 -I actually like this track, because of the beat. A ladies song. I don't like the hook that much, but the lyrics make up for it. Nice overall track. 7/10

9. Get It -I aint really feeling this song that much right now. I'd not all that. The beat is wack in my eyes. I think this track could've been alot better. I give this a 3/10 for now.

10. Top Back 4:42 - I like this song. The hook aint all that, but it's do-able. Nice track. Nice lyrics. The beat is ight. Workable with the track. I give this a 7/10

11. I'm Straight (Featuring BG and Young Jeezy) 6:36 -Jeezy had the worst verse. I say BG had the best...suprising I know. Nice collab. The best hook on the album...Nice overall track. Tight ass beat. I give this track a 9.6/10...don't sleep on this.

12. Undertaker (Featuring Young Buck and Young Dro) 4:13 -I think this is the best collabo on the album. Everyone was on the same page. Everyone had an equal verse, and no one outshined any one. The hook was kinda off for me, but the overall song is nice. Nice beat...not too fast, smooth and mid tempo. I give this a 8/10

13. Stand Up Guy 3:02 -I dont really like this song. The beat is a fast tempo, and the hook is extremely off to me. The lyrics are not all that great either. I dont know what he was thinking here. Clearly a skippable song here...1/10

14. You Know Who 2:54 -I like this beat, for some odd reason. I liked how he changed his voice to go with the beat, and the song. The lyrics are tight, I like it for some reason when he uses the same rhyming word over and over...he can get away with it. nice track. nice beat. trash hook. 6/10

15. Goodlife (Featuring Pharrell and Common) 4:28 -I liked this song. Pharrell probably did the production, he wasn't on it. Common had a nice verse. Good smooth song. 8/10

16. Hello (Featuring Governor) 3:35 - The beat takes a while to get used to. This is a wierd song. Sounds like some shit Eminem would do when you FIRST hear the beat. Nice lyrics to this song. Nice concept. This couldve been a better song. 6/10

17. Told You So 4:23 - Not a good beat too much. I liked the hook on here. Good lyrics. Hella ad libs on here tho...hahaha...but overall a nice track. Couldve been better, but its not skippable. 6.5/10

18. Bankhead (Featuring P$C and Young Dro) 4:26 - I liked how he ended his album on a nice song. This song is tight!! I liked the hook the most on here..it goe PERFECT with the beat. I'm listening to it right now. This beat it tight as fuck!...This song is bananas. Not single material tho, but it's a nice song. T.I. lyrics are crazy! I liked his flow. P$C even came hard, and of course Young Dro on another track doing it big. Nice track. 10/10

Overall-I don't feel like this was his best CD. I still think Trap Muzik is the best, but I can see T.I. is elevating to the game, because his single's are getting better, and his flow is maturing. Everything is getting better, it's just in Trap Muzik, he covered a lot of ground. He was new to the game, now he's just making music. Still good, still meaningful, but Trap Muzik was more meaningful. Overall I liked this album though, go out and buy it. I bought it Tuesday...and been slappin' it every since. 7/10 overall album rating

Last edited by J DOT : 03-31-06 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-31-06, 03:45 PM   #2
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: E3CA 7CA2

Ight, finally done. Word!! Go cop this ish son!! Word is bond yo
Old 03-31-06, 04:34 PM   #3
Sik Wit It

IP: A692 30DA

Thought you left...watcha doin back?
Old 04-01-06, 12:30 AM   #4
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 257A 873C

ummmm i TOTALLY disagree with this review... 2,4,9,10,13,14,16,17 are alll farrrrrrrrrrr better than you made them out to be... and live in the sky.. 10/10... tha fuck are you smoking? that track was straight booty...i do agree this wasnt his best album but it was no where near as ba as u made it out to be...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 03:18 PM   #5
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 933F CFA5

That's why it's my review, right?

And I don't battle, I just go to the Hip Hop Talk when I'm bored.
Old 04-01-06, 05:27 PM   #6
Eastsyde
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D3CA A17D

great album....he proved himself to be a king....i'll look forward to flips new album my expectations are high for it
Send a message via AIM to Eastsyde   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-06, 02:44 PM   #7
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 933F CFA5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsyde
great album....he proved himself to be a king....i'll look forward to flips new album my expectations are high for it

You're fuckin smoking rocks. Flip is a disgrace. Listen to "I'm Talking To You"
Old 04-05-06, 07:11 PM   #8
thurdshift
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: 7F46 DE10

T.I. came out an sed I'm Talkin to You wasnt to Flip it was to his competitors, an he was seein who would respond first.....it was rumored to be @ rick ross...but they talked an cleared it up...but this album is da shit...watt the fuck is this review on?????? i cant stop listenin to this shit.....dat swizz track is bananaz but by FAR the best track is im talkin to you....listen to dem drums and stabs OMG...im gonna make a beat like that...an the flow....damn...that made jay-z's PSA look like some snap music shit....

FREE AGENT NIGGA
CINCINNATI'S FINEST!!!
HOLLA @ ME!!!

Send a message via AIM to thurdshift   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 07:12 PM   #9
thurdshift
Light Weight

shit on i'm straight Jeezy had the best verse....man again what is the fuck is dis nigga on?

FREE AGENT NIGGA
CINCINNATI'S FINEST!!!
HOLLA @ ME!!!

Old 04-05-06, 09:22 PM   #10
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 21BF C67A

I thought it would be better.
I honestly think his CD was garbage.
Only like 4 good songs in there.

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 09:51 PM   #11
~Babylon~
~Lyrical Nirvana~

IP: 5651 7A36

yeah if someone on this site made records like all these southern rappers sound like......you would dawg 'em
Old 04-06-06, 02:09 AM   #12
thurdshift
Light Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasarnap
I thought it would be better.
I honestly think his CD was garbage.
Only like 4 good songs in there.

the cd is more laid back southern lyircly oriented, i think its unexpected....but there's no denying the lyrics

FREE AGENT NIGGA
CINCINNATI'S FINEST!!!
HOLLA @ ME!!!

Old 04-06-06, 06:56 AM   #13
Man's_GOT_Flo
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 6574 8417

yea the cd was hot but not better then tap muzik but better then urban lengend tho
id say go cop it my nigga t.i was spiitn bars in im talkin to you
Old 04-08-06, 01:17 AM   #14
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 069E 5543

the problem is people underappreciate the southern sound... they dont understand half of the vocab because the vocab/words used in the south is farrrrrrrr more different than up north... a nigga in tha south grippin grain in uh candy slab... but a nigga in tha north is posted up in a car... same meaning... different wording... so when it comes to CDs, people up north dont understand fully and take in fully, the entire pieces...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 02:51 AM   #15
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 21BF C67A

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurdshift
the cd is more laid back southern lyircly oriented, i think its unexpected....but there's no denying the lyrics

I thought he'd come better.
Not saying it's entirely wack.

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote