RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-06, 11:56 AM   #1
atti?

Are you ready to die?

IP: 0825 899A

Such theologist as Erikson and Maslo explored stages of human developement, and came to establish a pyramid of stages that one must reach to achieve the pinnicle of life... And therefore be "ready" to die. The final stage, Self Actualization, is more or less a period of reflection. When you're old, life isn't necissarily for living, but rather reflecting on what once was in order to make death acceptable. Many people like to feel as though it's never too late to change and make life fullfilling... Personally, I feel like that isn't really true. You can make yourself believe anything, but, to what extend does your subconcious truly support your thinking?

So, are you leading a life worth reflection... Are you ready to die?
Old 06-17-06, 12:04 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0

I once thought I was... I'm not. I feel I need to accomplish alot more before I do. Plus I got some people who need me here. Like you.
Old 06-17-06, 12:08 PM   #3
atti?

Lol yes, I need you Deph.

Fucking AOL and their recycling asses,
Me - IP: 0825 899A
You - IP: 0825 899A

Hm, can't wait for the speculations on this one.
Old 06-17-06, 12:10 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Lol sorry For double posting Nos. I forgot my password for myself.
Old 06-17-06, 12:10 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 67D5 4B8C

I'm not ready to die...

But I think to an extent that after death here on earth, a person's worth is mainly measured by the legacy they leave behind. Dont dwell on the life your leaving instead think about what people will remember you by. The place your going is the final frontier, where you either continue on or unfortunatly reach an un-comprehendible halt and shut down of your universe eternally.

Nice thought...
Old 06-17-06, 12:12 PM   #6
Gopha
!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E240 ADD8

am I ready to die? yes, do I want to? no. Being unreligious within myself I have basically established the fact that in the grand scheme of things my life, and anyother humans beings is pathetically miniscule. People say they are not "ready to die" because they have no accomplished what they wanted to, I believe in no such idea. You accomplish everything you were supposed to before you die, there is no point in struggling, its fate.
Old 06-17-06, 12:16 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopha
am I ready to die? yes, do I want to? no. Being unreligious within myself I have basically established the fact that in the grand scheme of things my life, and anyother humans beings is pathetically miniscule. People say they are not "ready to die" because they have no accomplished what they wanted to, I believe in no such idea. You accomplish everything you were supposed to before you die, there is no point in struggling, its fate.

I'd hate to look at it that way. It's sort of like being in the wave of the ocean. A strong man could easily swim against the current and make it to shore. While people who dont' decide a thing and allow the sea to determine where they go. To me thats mad spineless. Just my opinion.
Old 06-17-06, 12:16 PM   #8
atti?

Yes, exactly man. There is an afterlife, and it's within the memory of others... So get out there and live, love, have family; Live forever. In the end mortality is only a personal boundary, all you have to do is strive for new limitation to be granted life times over.
Old 06-17-06, 12:23 PM   #9
atti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopha

Two statements that entirely contradict one another. You don't disclude religion, you doubt it, by reading an internet post I can tell that. Your personality is pecimistic and your outlook on life will only lead to a fear of death, rather than a welcoming to a "retirement" so to speak. You're afraid of religion, because you don't understand it. Many of the individuals so devoutly apposed to religion, are really the most lost and unfortunately hopeless people by their own seclusion. You don't really hate, or deny religion, you put on a front of utter disgust in hopes that one day some individual will present some fact that will lay the ground work for your epiphany, and then you can for once feel the comfort and love of faith that you've heard so much about. I know you because I am you, learn to love life... Trust me, it's not worth it await the end; dine at life and have an extra chair for death.

Life is beautiful man.
Old 06-17-06, 12:38 PM   #10
Gopha

Quote:
I'd hate to look at it that way. It's sort of like being in the wave of the ocean. A strong man could easily swim against the current and make it to shore. While people who dont' decide a thing and allow the sea to determine where they go. To me thats mad spineless. Just my opinion.

^^^Well to reevalute yoru analogy, this ocean you speak of is more like an undertoe, which is slowly pulling you out. By struggling you are just making things worse, and stressing and wearing yourself out for no reason. If you just let it take you, you eventually will end up peacefully washed up to shore. It has nothing to do with "being a man", more like side stepping the truth. I prefer to accept and embrace the truth, and enjoy my life without having to deal with religion, the afterlife and other pointless things humans fret over because we dont understand them. Juss cuz I have realized that my life is of little importance doesn't mean im not gonna sit on my couch all day smokin weed. It means I can pursue my goals and dreams without some sort of unreasonable set of expectations that will just lead to stress.

Quote:
Yes, exactly man. There is an afterlife, and it's within the memory of others... So get out there and live, love, have family; Live forever. In the end mortality is only a personal boundary, all you have to do is strive for new limitation to be granted life times over.

^^^fast forward a billion or so years, I could find a cure for cancer, aids become president and find a new type of energy that doesnt pollute and replaces gas, and still not one form of life in the whole galaxy will remember me. Does this mean I wont try to achieve these things? Of course not, but I wont strive to achieve them just to create an afterlife in other peoples memories that will comfort me when im on a hospital bed. I will strive to achieve them because as a person I want experience new things and help people. Personally I believe the afterlife and real life should always be seperate, because when mixed misery always follows.
Old 06-17-06, 01:00 PM   #11
Gopha

Quote:
Two statements that entirely contradict one another. You don't disclude religion, you doubt it, by reading an internet post I can tell that. Your personality is pecimistic and your outlook on life will only lead to a fear of death, rather than a welcoming to a "retirement" so to speak. You're afraid of religion, because you don't understand it. Many of the individuals so devoutly apposed to religion, are really the most lost and unfortunately hopeless people by their own seclusion. You don't really hate, or deny religion, you put on a front of utter disgust in hopes that one day some individual will present some fact that will lay the ground work for your epiphany, and then you can for once feel the comfort and love of faith that you've heard so much about. I know you because I am you, learn to love life... Trust me, it's not worth it await the end; dine at life and have an extra chair for death.

Life is beautiful man.

^^^Life IS beautiful, I love life, but at the same time I try not to become to attached to it. I am FAR from "afraid" of Religion? Religion was created to quell the human race's innate fear of death. Its natural for humans to fear the unknown, death is one thing we'll likely NEVER understand. Religion gives us an answer to this question, Heaven, Nirvana, Paradise whatever you wanna call it gives hope to people who dont want to believe death is the end of it. Its like that movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Drew Barrymore played a girl who got hurt in a car accident or somehting. Every morning she would wake up and relive the same day, her brothers birthday or somehting, and then the next day it would start all over again. So her dad, brother and all the other people in the town would play along and relive that day with her, just to let her be at peace mentally. To me the principle of religion is very similiar, you try to ignore the truth, in return for a peace of mind. And I'd much rather gain peace of mind without constantly worrying about god and the afterlife, and doing it my way. It comes down to wiether you prefer to follow "ignorance is bliss" or "knowledge is power". And yes, most religions do promote a good code of laws to live by. But i think they mostly just numb the topic of death, and fabricate a false reality in an attempt to help people who cannot get over the fact that it will all end eventually and there is nothing you can do about it. So personally I like to take a more philosophical approach to life, to give me loose guidlines that fit who I am as a person, and aviod religion.

Last edited by Gopha : 06-17-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-17-06, 02:43 PM   #12
The Gladiator
Light Weight

Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B4FD 063D

i been getting closer and closer to the point where im suicidal...im not suicidal but i been consteplating it alot....i aint ready ta die but i dont wanna live...like i know if i die im giving up cuz i havent accomplished nuthin and wit how im living i cant do much ta accomplish shit and where im at is pretty much holding me back from what i wanna accomplish and i cant just leave...so there for im hopeless and i just wanna die but i aint ready untill i can really say i accomplished shit and my life is worth reflecting on not just by myself but by others
Old 06-17-06, 03:07 PM   #13
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

naw im not ready
my life is just beginning
im just now starting to write my story...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-06, 04:50 PM   #14
atti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gladiator
i been getting closer and closer to the point where im suicidal...im not suicidal but i been consteplating it alot....i aint ready ta die but i dont wanna live...like i know if i die im giving up cuz i havent accomplished nuthin and wit how im living i cant do much ta accomplish shit and where im at is pretty much holding me back from what i wanna accomplish and i cant just leave...so there for im hopeless and i just wanna die but i aint ready untill i can really say i accomplished shit and my life is worth reflecting on not just by myself but by others

Well, for one I'm really hoping that you're seeking some sort of treatment.

I personally, have suicidal thoughts constantly. Almost a year ago I smoked some shit and it gave me an anxiety dissorder, coupled with cronic Derealization and acute Depersonalization... Which basically means, I almost never truly feel like I'm alive. I've chosen not to go on medication, which, the medication could only prevent the anxiety attacks but would do nothing for the feeling of things not being real. I had been doing good about 7 months, went with no panic attacks and I was making huge strides in recovering, but I had a relapse into my anxiety dissorder and basically, all of the tolerance and coping mechanisms I had built up just got reset back to the beging. Since then, if I think about the future and what I'm going to do... I get so overwhelmed I get anxiety attacks and the future looks so hopeless that suicide seems like the only option whether I truly want that or not. The thoughts of suicide are scary as fuck, for me it's like, I look to the past and remeber myself so happy and I was so independant and pretty much only stopped home every now and then to grab some food... But now I'm more or less just an agrophobe (afraid of leaving the house) because if I do go out I know I'm going to have an axiety attack. But on the other hand I also know that if I push myself to go out, and I have that attack and I work my way through it, that I'm another step closer to building that tolerance I once had back up. It's crazy stuff, but I definately know what it's like to deal with suicidal thoughts, it's like there another you that keeps pushing that idea when you don't even really want it.

Really though, odd's are you're depressed. Bring it up to your doctor and you can discuss therapy options that can seriously help. Good luck sorting out your life man, don't throw it away though.
Old 06-17-06, 07:50 PM   #15
The Gladiator
Light Weight

Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B4FD 063D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
Well, for one I'm really hoping that you're seeking some sort of treatment.

I personally, have suicidal thoughts constantly. Almost a year ago I smoked some shit and it gave me an anxiety dissorder, coupled with cronic Derealization and acute Depersonalization... Which basically means, I almost never truly feel like I'm alive. I've chosen not to go on medication, which, the medication could only prevent the anxiety attacks but would do nothing for the feeling of things not being real. I had been doing good about 7 months, went with no panic attacks and I was making huge strides in recovering, but I had a relapse into my anxiety dissorder and basically, all of the tolerance and coping mechanisms I had built up just got reset back to the beging. Since then, if I think about the future and what I'm going to do... I get so overwhelmed I get anxiety attacks and the future looks so hopeless that suicide seems like the only option whether I truly want that or not. The thoughts of suicide are scary as fuck, for me it's like, I look to the past and remeber myself so happy and I was so independant and pretty much only stopped home every now and then to grab some food... But now I'm more or less just an agrophobe (afraid of leaving the house) because if I do go out I know I'm going to have an axiety attack. But on the other hand I also know that if I push myself to go out, and I have that attack and I work my way through it, that I'm another step closer to building that tolerance I once had back up. It's crazy stuff, but I definately know what it's like to deal with suicidal thoughts, it's like there another you that keeps pushing that idea when you don't even really want it.

Really though, odd's are you're depressed. Bring it up to your doctor and you can discuss therapy options that can seriously help. Good luck sorting out your life man, don't throw it away though.

thanx i appreciate it...but yea i relate to what u said except for the anxiety atacks and shit (has ta REALLY suck) but i mean like i look at now and the future and it is like hopeless...like what if i become like my father or continue goin the way i am now i'll NEVER be happy...my life is sooooo empty
i only had a girlfriend once or twice which didnt work out...i have NO friends
not cuz im a loser lol....just that i cant reach nobody they all like just not who i wanna be hangin wit...i actually come from a small town not a city so aint that many people around know what im sayin...not of my kind anyways...last time ANYBODY ever came 2 my house and just hanged and did shit was like 7 months ago straight and even back then shits been lonely
i only had like 3 real friends in my whole life which i lost and like no one even knows im alive im practicaly spiritually dead...just a living breathing corpse
after u start feeling worthless u dont wanna do shit..u cant write or do anything....lol u know how hard it is ta wake up in the morning ta try and face another day...man i defitnly gotta do sumthin