RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-06, 06:17 PM   #16
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 5375 4429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay 286
okay here it goes.....

GO CRAZY - fuckin around with a club type - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4114836

AGAIN - on a love type trip....for the girls workin that neyo angle... haha - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3818463

LIKE A MOVIE - on that deep real type stuff...mostly for indy labels cuz mainstream doesnt do too much of this, although that whered you go thing made it out - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4104071

SAVE THYSELF (REMIX) - and a bonus one if you feel you have extra time, for the ever so fast growing christian rap market song ft your best friend tha Q. - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3878689

granted id be re-doing these songs with studio quality and stuff yep hit me up

Jay286 Your voice reminds me of ike a little bit. Your flow is pretty solid overall but you have those rushed spots at times that subtracts from its fluidity. Your voice is marketable but you need to EQ your vocals to open them. Hard to tell if it's a weak mic pick-up or some distortion as a result of overmixing, but there's definitely distortion present. Hooks seem to be your weak point, they don't seem to come easily to you. Sounds overall like some more experience would harden your style, sounds liek you're still developing it. Like you'll have stylistic flaws in one song that aren't present in another song, sounds liek you know where you missed your marks, just still working on a way to consistently keep from doing it. You rely heavily on reverb, which sounds excessive on some tracks mostly in the duration (too much reverb length) especially on your adlibs and side-comments. Some takes you sound emimem-esque which is great for eminem, but not great for someone trying to stand out as their own person. You never want to sound like anyone's junior. especially when hundreds of thousands of other people also sound like that same "junior", so avoid any tone of voice, speech patterns, and any EQing that results in you sounding like that.

Your beat choices are good, strong choices that is relatively light but still appealing to someone with an open mind. You'll alienate some people as a result, and draw some people closer on the other hand. With different vocal mixing and some tightening of your flow you'd be about ready for an underground effort, that's where your strongest fanbase will come from. Some more multis or some creative concepts throughout your verses would accentuate your expressive style in a big way. You'd appeal to the same demographic as a Del the funky homosapien or an El P orr...select members in atmosphere.

Just a little time. sounds like you're on the right track.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 06-26-06 at 06:21 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 06:19 PM   #17
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

ok, time to start the list:

7.curse
Konvict NYC
Rev
Spul
UNF aka Half Breed.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 06:23 PM   #18
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: A68E 9D69

yea man...like i said imagine w/ studio quality, all i can afford is my 15 dollar dynamic radioshack mic...so yep, but yea i hear what your sayin on the other stuff...thanks

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 06-26-06, 08:02 PM   #19
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay 286
yea man...like i said imagine w/ studio quality, all i can afford is my 15 dollar dynamic radioshack mic...so yep, but yea i hear what your sayin on the other stuff...thanks

I can't "imagine with studio quality" because you'll sound completely different. You'll also react to your sound differently too because you can hear things on better gear that you can't hear on cheap shit.

aka: a whole different rapper.

Signed, Living Proof.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-26-06, 08:09 PM   #20
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
I can't "imagine with studio quality" because you'll sound completely different. You'll also react to your sound differently too because you can hear things on better gear that you can't hear on cheap shit.

Signed, Living Proof.

^^ thats true when i went up too the studio too record a few songs...shit sounded waaaaaaay the hell hotter then what was on my reg. set up

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-26-06, 08:14 PM   #21
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: A68E 9D69

ight either or, thanks for breakin down the other stuff tho...quality will be seen as an issue only a lil money can resolve

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 06-26-06, 08:15 PM   #22
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.Curse
i hate that these arent even my 3 best songs...but whateva

www.soundclick.com/7curse

I Hate You
My Hip Hop
One Shot

enjoy

You need some EQing in a bad way. EQ to add clarity to your vocals and some compression to even out your vocals levels so your lows aren't so low and your highs aren't so high. You have a flow but it doesn't have a rythm to it. Like you'll combine sylables so it'll sound like one syl or one word aftr you mush em together but you use it frequently so it chips away at your "flow" overall. Your lyrics are expressive but they arent' packaged in a way that'll reach the people you want to reach to the level you want it to. You need to tighten up your flow a bit, your lyrics are usable but you sell your self short by not taking the time to get the flow down. Your musical character thives on low self esteem which will dry up real fast over time or you'll simply stop rapping once you pass that turning point. Your song "my hip hop" is entertaining but at it's core you insult your fanbase intelegence for listneing to your music which is counter productive.

your song "one shot" plays sped up on SC which is a shame.

Some EQing and come consistent flow would even you out a lot. Just pay real close attention to your flow man, conslidate words to save sylables so your stuff doens't sound liek you're stuffing it in place, it has to just float man...float...lol

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-26-06, 08:26 PM   #23
L.E
L.E

IP: 4F84 8C0F

www.soundclick.com/limitededitioncan

Stanley's Coming Home
Birds in the Metal
Knight in Shining Armor

Thanks.

Long overdue indeed.
Old 06-26-06, 08:32 PM   #24
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: E735 E95C

www.myspace.com/mrleady

only got an ooollllddddd song and a freestyle on there

erm

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4059206

few verse previews from some other songs(havent had any vocal editing what so ever to them), but thats about it, i really need to get my arse into gear.
Old 06-26-06, 09:46 PM   #25
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: DE48 691F

bleh..lol nice though Apexx...

Ill go ahead and do this..even though my quality might be a bad factor..

First Real Track - Shorty -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3878532

Dear Lord -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4100635

Dkon Diss -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4087886

'Pexx you need to send me some new equipment :P
Old 06-27-06, 04:08 AM   #26
7.Curse
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: EECB F471

thnx a lot Apexx. all things ive heard (minus the EQing)...and ive been working on. (u shud have heard my first album...it was an insult to Hip hop.). and just for clarification...My Hip Hop was kind of a Joke song...just trying sumtin in the manner of Eminem.

but overall...thnk u very much for the advice. will def take it hard. pz

"Its not poker, but ill break ya ass wit one hand "

Send a message via AIM to 7.Curse   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 03:56 PM   #27
Konvict_NYC
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 9A58 A52B

yay im next ...

N.O.K

SpuL - 10/10
Shere Kaughn - 10/10
Speats - 20/10
and more

Send a message via AIM to Konvict_NYC Send a message via MSN to Konvict_NYC   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 02:19 PM   #28
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx

Signed, Living Proof.

ditto what apexx said... when i got my new mic the difference was incredible... i haven't posted my shyt on SC yet but you've already heard a track or two with the new sound... definitely a diference maker!!!!

not only does it sound better cuz of the equipment but it will also boos t ya confidence and make you wanna experience more in areas that you may have been reluctant to venture into previously...

shyt... my new mic broke me out of a slump

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 06:46 PM   #29
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict_NYC
www.soundclick.com/konvictnyc

"Poppas"

"Goobye"

"Im Back"

Thanks

Konvict NYC, Damn a little EQing or a better mic man, you'd have a platform that'll really draw the character in ya voice out. You sound liek a combination of a whole bunch of mixtape and mainstream rappers which makes you your own rapper in your own respect. Good beat choices too, I can see the sound you're goin for, def mixtape status. I could see you in like 2-3 years in the mixtape circut with a healthy following or on some Fight Klub shit. If you had a better mic, or even better EQing, you'd be aware of where you're at like 'hmm ok, so now I'll do this and propel your self to a whole new level. Right now, well it's like this, you're like a plant in the dirt that's too early to harvest...but a smart farmer knows that it's gonna yield good product for a long time. If I had a list of "up and comin niggas to watch for", you'd be on it.

You're young, so ya voice to older people is like 'damn, this is the voice of a generation here' so it's easy to grab that attention almost like a shock factor. You luck out too because your voice has its own harmonics that really shine on your adlibs, hooks, and most other places your voice is layered. Better quality gear would make that stand out even more. You're good with the abrasive stuff but your natural range isn't equally strong with the slower tracks, which is like most people but it's more skewed in your case which I suspect is partially due to beat choice. It's better that way because the appeal you're molding is sparesly populated with slow tracks so you in some ways level your self out. As you keep on going deeper into this, make sure you mix up some interesting subjects and stories in your song catalog to reinforce your overall image to your fan base, which will be dudes from about 16-30. Older dudes will liek your shit, but they'll be too embarassed to say they liek the music of a dude so young, but once your voice gets deeper you'll have that older market AND the audience you're already growing up with. That's "long term money" son. Just make sure to stop recyclin punches, cuz no body's gonna wanna hear the same material in different songs, especially not THAT close, you gotta spread that out a few months at least - and I'm talkin about that "chillin with jesus" line that I heard before.

All in all man, all you need is...some good EQing maybe even a good mic... some time, and some quality exposure and you'll be a recognizable "identity" ready for shows and battle circuts etc. Better qual on your vocals will make your punches and what not pop out more. The biggest dudes in the industry start young like you are. Stick with it man, don't get ya head swole full of your self cuz that'll be your downfall, and believe me, in your case, it'll pay off. Big time.

Pexx.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-28-06, 06:54 PM   #30
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
Scared cuz these are old but

www.soundclick.com/therevelation

ATW Anthem
Let Me In Collab
Speak On It

The Revelation, Your mic is horrendous, so right off the bat you won't be marketable since no one will like records with bad quality. Your flow is hella rushed in some cases, you need better word conservation to push that back on, instead of all jagged and lumpy. Sounds liek you need better headphones too because you come in real low-energy on tracks that are high energy, usually a sign of a limp and un-inspiring sound system. Your beat choices are pretty good, just that you don't mesh with them or match their mood, likely for the reasons above.

That's really all I can tell you for now man till you get your sound quality on point. 1

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.