RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > 1-2-1 Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-06, 01:26 PM   #31
Script
New to RV

IP: 6987 4DF7

but then friends would vote for friends and no one would know, and then total outsiders would come and vote, and basically d.r rings would just rule 1-2, and say i didnt like Datrus, i would just vote against him every week and he wouldnt know
Old 07-24-06, 01:27 PM   #32
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: E98E E7FA

In the hack, can the mods see who voted for who? If the mods can, that's not a problem as me and LI could dq votes from outside the league and monitor who's friends with who. If they can't, then yea, I agree that could be a problem.
Old 07-24-06, 01:28 PM   #33
Row Sham Bo
New to RV

IP: 5BFB C1C7

Lets find out shall we. I'll do a test run.
Old 07-24-06, 01:30 PM   #34
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

sounds good. I can just delete it from the forum when it's done.
Old 07-24-06, 01:33 PM   #35
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Every vote would remain public to everyone, even those who haven't voted.

All you need really is the moderators to have the "Edit Poll" option and if you and L.I. have that then you can remove any vote you want. Word.
Old 07-24-06, 01:35 PM   #36
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Well we don't really need a poll, we can just count votes ourselves and delete invalid votes.

I was thinking the point of using this would be like how it is in elite front lines, you can't see who votes for who. That way, you don't have people just looking at who everyone else voted for and voting for that person.
Old 07-24-06, 01:36 PM   #37
Script
New to RV

yep sounds good
Old 07-24-06, 01:37 PM   #38
Script
New to RV

ooo you mean so the winnner isnt known till its closed?
Old 07-24-06, 01:38 PM   #39
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Exactly Script... Script, I sent you a PM
Old 07-24-06, 01:45 PM   #40
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Exactly, if the majority want it so that voting is hidden. Then you would have to pm strobe to fix this forum with the Anonymous Battle Hack.

Then you would also have to ask him to fix all moderator accounts for this forum with the Edit Poll option.

But, if you used the Anonymous Hack... wins and losses would go on people's actual records on the site. Obviously, they can always reset their site records if they dont like them. But, seriously... I wouldn't see people having a problem with it. Records mean fuck all anyway.
Old 07-24-06, 01:46 PM   #41
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Why are we having this conversation in 2 different threads, lol
Old 07-24-06, 01:51 PM   #42
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Close the other one. Because I can't chat in it anymore... it says I am not allowed to BUMP my battle more than 3 times in one hour. LMAO!!

Anyway... here is what I propose before I go.

You either...

A. Ask strobe to build you an anonymous battle hack that doesn't add wins and losses to people's actual records. (cuz they are pussies and dont wanna ruin their net ego's by having too many losses on their records... RECORDS MEAN EVERYTHING DON'T YA KNOW! )

B. Don't use any hack, run the league as all other leagues are run.

C. Post up a poll thread, asking the people participating in the league what they want to do. Explain that if the hack was used, votes would be anonymous until the battle is over, or until after they voted... explain that anyone battling in this league who thinks its clever to leave feedback instead just so they can see the polls will catch a loss themselves, and explain that if the hack is used, losses and wins gained in this league would be added to their ACTUAL SITE RECORD.

Word. And peace out for now.
Old 07-24-06, 01:54 PM   #43
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

that helps, thx nick
Old 07-24-06, 01:55 PM   #44
Script
New to RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.

B. Don't use any hack, run the league as all other leagues are run.

To be honest i think nick said everything there, Do we want a league thats unique, which will make more of an appeal to people

or do we want this league to just be another sheep in the field
Old 07-24-06, 02:01 PM   #45
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

This league will be different regardless because when me and LI post the new rules later this week, you all will see some different ideas we are implementing which will make this league different from the one at RB.

Anyway, I pmed Strobe so we'll see what he can do.