RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-06, 11:43 PM   #1
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

The Game - Doctors Advocate

IP: 001C 5107

Yeah thats right I got the cd already

Official Past Tense review

1.Lookin at You - The beat is alright sounds like somthing dre would do.......the hook is kinda corny....chick isn't that great of singer......but this beat is really hard.....the girl has no pressense.......I like her melody behind games verse though thats hot........Game has a decent verse on this aint nothin thats WOAH...but this songs a good song.......i love this beat

Overall - 8/10

----

2.Da Shit - The beat is iono just blah...i aint really feeling this beat..........The games flow and everythings fine....but the hook is pretty hot........iono this seems more like a mixtape song

Overall - 7.5/10

----

3.Its Okay(One Blood) - This version sounds way differn't..............sounds iono weird.......comapred to the one he put on myspace.....i think this is a hot song.....beats hot.....good track

Overall -9/10

-----

4.Compton - I like the hook and i'm not sure whos up first but its hot.....this is a pretty hot song......the beat is pretty fire.....His westcoast swagger is tight..i like the effect they have on his voice....this shits pretty damn hard..so far my fav. song by Game

Overall - 9.5/10

------
5.Remedy - This is on some ol school westcoast gangster rap...and ............well game kills it on this ........just i'm not feeling his westcoast style on this....he needs to put more pressense on this it dont seem the same as the old westcoast.....its straight though.....nothint 2 blow ur mind..but the beat is tight

Overall - 7.5/10
----
6.Lets Ride - The beat seems like more of an intro type of beat u know...like nothing u'd hear as a single or anything.....its really laid back....not to bad though...Games starting to sing now..wasn't he just on 50's dick for that? wow okay....i'm not really feeling this song

6/10
------
7.Too Much ft. Nate Dogg - This beat is okay I think they over did it with sounds.....but it gets smooother and more tighter......his punchlines are mediorce.....i'm feelin this though....iono theres sothin about this track that'll make u say....."nice shit" good song overall

overall - 7.5/10
-----
8.Wouldn't Get Far - Kanye did the beat and it sounds like any other kanye beat...iono its straight.........i'm not feeling this song that much...its straight though...somthing i'd pass through if i was listenin to it on my mp3 player..and The Game's staring to sing on this too.

overall - 6.6/10
-----
9.Scream ON - Swizz on the Beat lol.......iono this shits seems like one of them tracks u'd see in a movie where they have a montage......its pretty tight....i'm feelin this somthing i'd listen to before i fought someone or while i'm riding....iono its tight

overall - 8/10
------
10.One Night - The beat ion sounds more of somthin 50 would spit on not Game......its okay though....I like it more as it gets into it and they add more sounds it sounds sicker........the hook is tight though.....I like the feel of this song....has potential to be a single

overall - 8.5/10
-----
11.Doctors Advocate ft. Busta Rhymes - Game says "i'm sorry I turned on you Doc Dre" its like wtf? he said he wasn't disloyal and all this shit and now he's admittin to it..but he came with the same flow as he did on The Documentary's Start from Scratch.....iono i'm not really feeling this..its on some real shit though.....

Overall - 7.8/10
-----
12.Ol English - The beat sounds like some of the other beats.....its on some reg. westcoast topic...smokin weed and drinkin and homicide and drive bys iono to generic.......boring :yawn: its alright though

Overall - 7.5/10
-----
13.California Vacation ft. XZIBIT and Snoop - This beats pretty hard i'm feelin this......The Game sounds way differnt on this shit.........like WAY DIFFERNt..........but his shits decent on here nothin to make u say woah..its cool though......zibit does his thang i'm feelin snoops swagger good song

overall - 7.5/10
-----
14.Bang - I am not really feelin this at all.....the beat is really wack to me.......the flow and lyrics are 2 generic to......this is the worst song i've ever heard the game on...........ewww is what it makes me think.......seriously notta great song

OVerall - 5.5/10
-----
15.Around the World ft. Jamie Foxx - The beat is okay.....lol its funny he's making fun of 50 4 doing love songs now he's doing a RNB song lol ahhaha man this shits funny.........but yo this is alright he prolly gonna use this as a single i bet..its okay

Overall 7.7/10
-------
16.Why You Hate The Game ft. Nas - the beats pretty hot...sounds like some Rocafella shit.......hook is pretty hot i'm feeling it.......Propz to game for gettin nas on the cd.....so far this is the best track on the whole cd....i'm feelin this shit.......hook is hard....and lyrics are tight.........nas does his thang good shit this....hot track

overall - 9.5/10
--------------

I dont this album even compares to The Documentary i'm actually dissapointed.....This is honestly worse than the Massacre but not by much.....its decent.......just more poppy then what i'd expect game to be.....straight cd......nothin i'd wanna spend 15 dollars on though and i'm being completely honest

Decent Cd

pick it up if you really a good fan

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 10-31-06, 11:57 PM   #2
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

i wuz just gonna wait and buy it, but then i got too curious n just d/l'd it (im still gon buy it tho)

all ima say iz, best cd i heard all year. nuff said. just az good, if not better then tha documentary. n thats werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 11-01-06, 09:45 AM   #3
Past Tense

I liked the cd no doubt

but I dont think its as classic as the Documentary

Old 11-01-06, 02:38 PM   #4
Maleficent
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E22B 04D3

I agree with the ratings, except I would've given 3's and 4's on all of them and 10's on Why You Hate The Game and Compton.

It definitely doesnt compare to The Documentary.
Old 11-01-06, 03:03 PM   #5
Flip
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 90FB F52B

i hope he flops like banks so he could stfu..

"Game was a G-Unit Groupie, if they made a flick of bitch ass niggas he'll be in the movie"-Banks Diss To Gayme on BET
Send a message via AIM to Flip   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 05:30 PM   #6
.Eternal.
inFAMOUS

IP: 5043 32F4

wtf @ a game hater doin a review on his album -_-
Old 11-01-06, 05:33 PM   #7
Flip
Light Weight

dam you got to hop off...forreal...your on my dick

"Game was a G-Unit Groupie, if they made a flick of bitch ass niggas he'll be in the movie"-Banks Diss To Gayme on BET
Old 11-01-06, 07:15 PM   #8
.Eternal.
inFAMOUS

IP: 5043 32F4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip
dam you got to hop off...forreal...your on my dick

was i talking to you?

no

so u hop off u concieted lil bastard
Old 11-01-06, 08:08 PM   #9
iamthatdude87
Addicted

IP: 553B 235D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed
wtf @ a game hater doin a review on his album -_-

i was jus gon say that lol
Old 11-01-06, 08:09 PM   #10
Past Tense

? okay thats cool i guess

Old 11-01-06, 11:51 PM   #11
Te Ora
Light Weight

IP: 5163 CDCF

i peeped this and thought it was weak. in terms of lyrics dude has nothing to say. the album content is basically "i'm no longer with dre, i'ma blood, i'm from compton, daytonas, weed" etc etc with a bunch of namedropping mixed in. i can understand listening to some of this in a club, or when your getting blazed.. but it just ain't for me. good looks on the review tho man.

Last edited by Te Ora : 11-24-06 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-02-06, 12:01 AM   #12
Flip
Light Weight

lol you said that right after i posted something...dont play stupid fat boy...

Old 11-02-06, 12:11 AM   #13
TROUBLESOME™
scotia's finest

Audio Record: 3-2
IP: EA03 FBCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKO
i was jus gon say that lol

co signed....................................
Old 11-02-06, 02:28 AM   #14
Willa
Bann The Deed NOT The Breed

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 6A24 77A2

i might buy this
wtf though did they run out of cover ideas lol?

O.Y.D.
Old 11-02-06, 02:41 AM   #15
Flip
Light Weight

im buying it...imma show em support fuck it...