RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Rap Superstar
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-06, 05:52 PM   #16
TROUBLESOME™
scotia's finest

IP: EA03 FBCE

Started Loving Hip Hop Since I Could Tune In On Music Loved Tha Culture Tha Style Everything About It But I Sidelined For A Long Time B4 I Would Even Attempt It.....listen To Hip Hop Practised Flowing Other Rapperz Tracks For A While Untill I Stumbled On Rapverse And Started Writing.....
From There I Seen I Showed Promise So I Decided Hell Why Not Buy A Cheap Mic And See If I Can Flow ......bought Me A 12 Dollar Mic...and Got To It Spit Every Single Day (wack Tracks) But None Tha Less Improving Every Track Till I Felt I Was Onna Level Where A Good Mic Would Do Me Justice
Griped A Condenser And Started Werkin Extra Hard........fucked With An Indie Label Called D.o.a Records But Realized They Were Just Fucking Me Around.........left There An Got On My Solo Tip For A Bit.......then Was Approached By A Good Toronto Indie Label Called Dc Music And Signed With Them...but Quikly Realizing There Were More Rock Punk Rock Metal Label I Droped Them But Gained Much Insite From This Right Now Im Werking With A Studio Called Studio 22 In Tdot Werking On My Debut Album
Trouble With Tha Youth............got Madd Shit In Tha Werks But Thats Anuther Story Im Not A Bragger Id Rather Let Yall See When Shit Popz Off
But Yeah Hip Hop And My Child =my Life..........when I Spit U Know I Mean It.............only Been Rappin For A Lil Less Tha N A Year Mabe A Lil More But None Tha Less This Kat Is Turnin Heads For Tha Length Of Time In It.....and Ill Be Doin Madd Shit In Tha Near Future Alwayz Open For Collabs..with Other Emcees.....also Have A Group Called Conspiracy Theories Which Have A Mixtape Droppin Shortly (b4 My Solo Album)called Exposing Tha Industry
So Be On Tha Look Out...
Wunn
Troublesome
Old 11-04-06, 06:56 PM   #17
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: FA1F 6828

I've always been the best at what I do. It doesn't matter what the subject, be it sports, music, school, work, I've always been the best. I've always been the first person picked for any type of activity as well. To be a part of a record label I would undoubtedly make a huge impact. I have been in the struggles of hip hop for some years now and have a very strong business mind. I would love to help in all facets of music to include promoting, advertising, writing, mixing, you name it, I'd do it. I'm not a little kid who has aspirations of being famous either. I plan to make an impact with my music, but I don't think I'd die if I wasn't famous. Please don't mistake that for a lack of desire though. I am very willing to do what it takes to make an impact in one of the hardest industries in the world. I've been making my own music for a couple of years now and have been pushing out mixtapes and performing shows to try and make a name for myself, so I know I have what it takes to get in front of a large audience and rip it. I've shaken off the jitters that come along with inexperience and am prepared to make a living with getting up in front of thousands of people with the sole purpose of entertaining them. I also know that money is what drives this industry and no one needs it more than I do. I have four children, a wife and a baby's momma, so struggle is all I know. I was also raised in a house with deaf parents. I'm no stranger to the streets either. I grew up in a little neighborhood in Philly called Lawncrest which was by no means easy. I made it out alive with ease and would use the same street smarts I learned as a child to boost myself through this industry with little to no trouble. All I am asking is for that one chance to show the world what I have to offer.
Old 11-05-06, 12:28 AM   #18
Jay Rose
I don't lose

IP: 7994 4630

yepp...did a voice over beat thing....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4628715

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 11-05-06, 01:50 AM   #19
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

IP: 040D 291C

Yo, LE can it be a TRACK with this behind it.

kinda like Defaults or Past Tenses.. But actually be a track.
Old 11-05-06, 01:52 AM   #20
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

IP: 5350 A834

ok, what i posted in tha introduction thread really belongs here, so i'll just put that and add to it.

im an 18 year old Latino from Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. i bin rappin scence i wuz 13, and i take it very serious. im legally blind, which means its alot harder to find a legal job cuz alot of employers dont want legally blind people workin fo them. im not blind, i just cant see good enough to see certian thangs, like reading thangs that arent very close to me, u know. i cant git my license, even tho i think i can see good enough to b able to drive. so yeah, even if i can find a job, i have no way of gitting there, right now anyway. it really makes my life so much harder then it needs to b and causes such a shitty struggle, just fo normal everyday thangs. so i need to make it in this rap shit, i have no other options, which iz why i take it so seriously and am always workin on sum new shit. ive also bin making beats fo like 3 years, im not too bad at that. my favorite rappers are Eazy-E/N.W.A, and my 2nd favorite rapper iz Eminem (hiz older stuff) so my shit iz like both of them mixed together, so i hear. i got an old skool, late 80's/early 90's west coast gangsta style, wif sum crazy multies (no 1 sylable simple shit fo me) ive put out 1 lil mixtape sofar, which wuz a year ago, and im still sellin them, lol, ive never met anybody who duzznt like my shit. people say i have a good voice fo it, sum say i sound kinda like Eazy-E. sum people have even said im in their top 5 rappers, haha. my girlfriend moved to Calgary over tha summer, so im still in Bridgewater, in grade 12, again, tryin 2 graduate. and in tha summer, if everythang goes according to plan, i'll b moving to Calgary to b wif her. so fo now, im saving my money up, making money however i can... u know what i mean lol. when i 1st started rappin, over like tha 1st 3 years, i just listened to rap that i liked and that sold, and i studied it, so i could figure out what people liked about it so much, and that i could use so people would like my shit. im a spicca thats versatile, i can rap about anythang, and im determined to make it rappin. im a smart buisiness man, when i wuz younger id always have mo money then my friends cuz they spent their money on stupid shit, while i saved mine all up, and i could hustle anythang, and still can/do. shit, i saw a cooler wif sum cans of pepsi in it last week, so i ran up n took two cans, then i sold them fo $1 each, lol, money iz money. im eazy to git along wif, most people i meet become my friends, i cant think of any real enemies i'd have, everybody likes me. and when people like me, they buy my cd my lil mixtape i put out round here proved that. i just got a really kool style, frum tha clothes i wear to tha shit i say. controversy sells, i got that shit. gangsta shit sells, i got that shit. stuff u can dance to sells, i got that shit. dope lyrics sell, i got that shit. if people wanna just dance to a song n not listen to tha lyrics, fine, but why just make tha song fo them? i like to put crazy lyrics that people who actually listen to them can b like "o werd", wif a dope, g-funk-like beat that people who wanna just dance n shit, can do that too. cuz it sells to both types of people = twice az many sales az a cd made fo just 1 group of people, u know. i think my shit iz very marketable. im tha type of spicca who will set trends, n all that kinda shit. i'd definatly b down to move on to other thangs besides just rappin, like movies, video games n clothes n shit. i also think that, wif tha hispanic population rising so much, alot of hispanic people might wanna check out my shit cuz im like them, so thats alot of people right there. and az a Canadian, u know that if a Canadian rapper makes it big, tha whole country would sapport them.

im what rap needs. werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 11-05-06, 02:11 AM   #21
L.E
L.E

IP: 8471 8CE5

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LM_
Yo, LE can it be a TRACK with this behind it.

kinda like Defaults or Past Tenses.. But actually be a track.

Express it however you want.
Old 11-05-06, 04:21 AM   #22
Also Known.

IP: E7F0 91D7

To tell a lable I want a deal is a lie so I'm gonna say the truth...

Road to success I'm accellerating past haters
Saw the stairway to success and used the elevator

Grind night and day they call me Tony Hawk of these beats
Suddenly my name ringin bells I'm the talk of the streets

Future of rap came in this game just to bless it
like a broken answering machine, labels ain't gettin the message

Don't need a deal you can keep your chain and pendant I'ma move it independent
Makin money so fast I don't know where to spend it

Say they sign me. Yeah I'd get fame, but only get a little bit of change when they sell my debut CD
Man these labels gettin greedy makin millions of the artists, they don't really need me

I do all the work they reap the profits of my struggle, it happens to so many
I'll pass on your sugarcoated scam you call a deal and hustle, every copy for a lincoln i ain't talkin pennys

My words are spoken so well every songs got a story to tell
Somethin at which the industry fails so why wouldn't my album retail

Out the trunk of my car for just five bucks a copy
This way there's no A&R's shapin my style tryin to stop me

Mainstream is just a fain dream, a hyped up illusion
I remain underground back pack full of CD's keep it movin

Like unwanted merchandise I'm never gonna sell out
If my souls the ticket on the train to fame then just let me bail out

THE TRUTH IS I'M BETTER THAN YOU
Send a message via AIM to Also Known.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-06, 05:07 PM   #23
PrahJect
Champion

IP: 7EBA 8803

Yo, my name is Rasheed Muhammad. Im was born in Harlem world raised on the same avenue as 40 Cal, Camron and Jae Millz. I was born around talent, so for me to even think about coming up I had to compare myself to cats that on a different level. Not having a father is the main reason music is what I do, school im not an underacheiver, I can see me going to college I know I can get the grades. However music is my way out, it's the route which I want to take, matterfact I have to take. It's either education/music or selling crack again. Ever since my father left and my mother has been stressing out, music has been my dedication. I bleed hiphop. This has been my first point to yall, I have the dedication, will and drive..knock me down im back up before you can fire me.

My Second point goes as follows, I have versatility most rappers don't have. they have certain styles they do really well and certain styles they can't even fuck with. I can do anything, every single topic you throw at me. I can do that club joint the cats gon dance too getting the mainstream club hiphop fans, I got the hard papoose-like punchline delivery diss/flossing tracks which got my street fans on lock, I can do those love songs getting ladies locked, I can do songs about the government about shit niggas don't even know because I educate myself, I can do songs about diseases, struggle, crack hood prolems, because I live it not jus hear about it...name it story tracks, I can do em all. That's my second point I have versatility...

My 3rd point I have marketabilty, I have a face which is media friendly, I have a sound like I said in my 2nd point which all audiences can feel, I have modesty and humbleness which will keep me at a good level and to gain respect. With all the audiences I can cater for gives u my marketability, I know what I can do and theres little I can't do.

My 4th point is stamina, I can ride it out, studio sessions if i keep gettin it wrong ill go 1000 takes to get it right because im a perfectionist, regarding tiring schedules, touring, meetings, living out a suitcase is all things I can do, I have stamina to do all of those things and stay on top of my work.

My 5th point is I have work ethic, I will work hard and I will make sure it's done right, people may moan about re-doing songs or re doing dubbs forr me if its necessary then it's done.

My 6th point is intelligence, I know what moves to make and when, when I need to hit the club tracks, when I need to be real, Im on top of my game for my age, im 16 and always getting better, I have the mind set and frame and clear path of a 25 year old rapper, Im mature and im business orientated.

My name you will hear, my name you will fear, P 2 THA, Black Bandan WE HERE! nah mean playboy...

I can't see myself not succeeding to the highest degree.
Old 11-05-06, 10:56 PM   #24
.Ike.
Ike

IP: 2507 7083

ok so i guess audio doesnt have to make a track... so ill go ahead with it...

when it comes to things i love...i work harder at them than anyone. point, blank, period. Ask my high school basketball coach about that...nobody works harder than me...and thats just how it goes. My first love was basketball, and anyone that ever watched me play..or anyone that ever played against me can tell u that you will not outwork me..thats just how it goes...i push myself to points that others cant...and i think that is very valuable when it comes to succeeding.......i was offered some scholarships but decided to stay with my mom considering she was basically begging me...and as much as i love the game....i gotta put my mom first......

my 2nd love was my now ex girlfriend....i stepped back...realized how much love there was...and there again...i put all of my effort into a relationship because i loved her....you couldnt find a better boyfriend than what i was...i did everything in my power to make it work...worked hard at it

yes this does all relate to music because...my 3rd love...is indeed...music..............if given the opportunity...i would work harder than any artist in the camp...most definitely...just day before yesterday i was listening to Jay-Z on Sirius radio...he said that he had 70 artists on his label....and i said to myself...if i was in one of their positions i would outshine the shit out of every single one of them with my work ethic..i would MAKE them notice me whether they wanted to or not...

i can live on the road...i love traveling...performing is definitely a high for me...nothing better...i can put on a show...i believe i could put together a good enough live show...that after they seen me perform they would almost feel obligated to go buy an album......about like i was with busta rhymes..........i am confident that i could pull that off like he did.......i am something different...i make music that nobody around me does...who ever raps with meaning anymore?...exactly..... PLUS i can do it in a marketable way.....yes i can tell a story over a crunk beat....try me......................

Lastly......if there is one thing that i hate....its losing...and if theres one thing that i am...its a sore loser.......i absolutely refuse to lose.........theres nothing worse...and when its completely up to me ....i dont lose............i may lose every once in a while when theres a team around me........but to lose individually? fuck no...you will hardly ever see that out of me....it dont happen........SO yes that does relate to how i would be very helpful to a label..............i look at things like...making a good album...as a lose win situation.....and sells...as a lose win situation...............

those are some of the reasons my friends......
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-06, 06:26 AM   #25
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: 98EF 98CB

Yup don't have tim to record...so here we go...

Hi, my name is Tony Reynolds. Born June 3rd 1986 Tuesday afternoon at 2:03pm in Crawley Town where i still reside to this day.

Basically i've loved hip hop the best part of my life and i feel it's going through a process of revival at the moment what with the latest upcoming underground talent thats coming through. Now i've only been doing this since September 29th 2004 (notice my decency at remembering dates ha), but i feel i've elevated myself so much in these past couple of years that i've managed to step my own writing and vocal ability to at least where some people in the industry are at now who've been at this since a young age. Ok i may not be the best, but i definitely have something to offer and bring to the rap game no doubt, and no i'm not no Eminem ha, I have my own stories thanks. For a start, growing up as a kid without a main father figure up until i was like 7 or 8 wasn't easy plus there wasn't much money for the family as our mum had 2 mouths to feed and we would see our old man once or twice every other week tops to just bring round £20 or some crappy amount as he was strapped himself gave me influence for my writings, also living in Broadfield, which ain't no pretty part of Crawley i'll tell ya now also gave me street sense and another angle to write my tracks and there's my own personal side and my own reasons for wanting to rap. And thats to support my now 2 year old son who I myself now only see once every week. I'm a young father (18 for 9 days when he was born) and i wanna use the ability I have at the moment which WILL get better with time to give my son the chance to nothave the upbringing that unfortunately I had, and also others around me. I do owe a lot of people for me still being here but mostly, I owe myself because without rap, i wouldn't have any dreams or aspirations to continue on and it's why i'm so dedicated to everything i put into songs. The main 3 things in life I love are firstly my son, my girlfriend Hayley who's shown me so support and of course the hip hop because it's made me who I am and it's given me the chance to express myself the best way I can.

As for success, like I said there's not much at the moment because i'm so new to hip hop but that's not to say that I won't experience any kind of stage time or deals in the future. I've had live radio play which i'm personally proud of because it's given me the chance to spread my music to the world, as that is my main aim.

But just because there's no major success currently, i don't feel that i'm losing out as such or that i'm failing in hip hop, more rather i'm gaining new experiences and always bettering myself as a result from each track i release.

Well hope you liked reading my story...hopefully one day you'll be hearing a lot more from me, and if not, then look harder

Yours Faithfully

T. Reynolds (aka Mad Dog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-06, 09:42 AM   #26
L.E
L.E

IP: 8471 8CE5

Come on people...not even half of the people have done this, and tomorrow is the due date.

And the people that have...Spread the word to the others as best as you can.
Old 11-06-06, 10:49 AM   #27
.Ike.
Ike

IP: 2507 7083

lmao fuck that....

*is happy only half have done it*

lmao
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-06, 10:57 AM   #28
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: 98EF 98CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
lmao fuck that....

*is happy only half have done it*

lmao

co-sign .

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-06, 12:04 PM   #29
Mayne Event
Flyweight

IP: 213D E6DB

I even half-assed mine just to make sure im in... fucka skill at the moment.. I'll shine trough in a few
Old 11-06-06, 12:05 PM   #30
Mayne Event
Flyweight

IP: 213D E6DB

^^ does that count if i didnt sign up??