RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-07, 02:30 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

The Bible is one big contradiction.

IP: 5338 849F

These are just a few.....

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 - The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 - And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 - The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 - Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

The sins of the father

ISA 14:21 - Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 - The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

... there are many more though. God sucks!
Old 02-12-07, 04:55 AM   #2
Status
Ask About Me

Text Record: 72-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D3A8 32E9

^^ you suck....
Old 02-12-07, 05:32 AM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

don't hate, just because the book you worship has been proven to be one big ass contradiction... and now your belief has been crushed

don't think that is all fool... i can post up about 20-30 more blatant contradictions in the bible.
Old 02-12-07, 05:38 AM   #4
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 684F 3D06

What do you expect when the Bible has been written by hundreds of people? With so many people trying to cohesively write one book, of course there are going to be contradictions.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 05:54 AM   #5
King Solo
Skadoosh!

The Bible sucks, and so does God.

Man, if you believe in God... just look at the Adam and Eve shit. That is basically saying we are all products of incest, and that incest is cool. So, if that is the case... why aren't all you God-loving folk butt fucking your brothers and sisters. Ah, you see... you already are, because according to that cock and bull story, we are all related.

And what's with all that thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife or some shit... that didn't stop God from impregnating the virgin Mary when she was clearly Joseph's bitch.
Old 02-12-07, 07:55 AM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 69E8 3ECD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
These are just a few.....

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 - The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 - And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 - The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 - Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

The sins of the father

ISA 14:21 - Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 - The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

... there are many more though. God sucks!

Well what do you expect?

The bible is just supposidly 'god' inspired ancient texts thrown together as one big ol' book of philosophies, analogies, historical articles and metaphors written by the jewish people.

You just gotta read it as is and not buy into the church's bullshit surrounding it.. You can gain from it if you have a want to listen.. But ultimatly its nothing special beyond hype from western culture being entrenched in jewish religions...

God has nothing to do with religion btw bro.. Dont think because the bibles crap that means god is crap. God is a philosophy, beyond any single book's portrayal. Saying god sucks is like saying I dont like air but I breathe it anyway.

Quote:
Man, if you believe in God... just look at the Adam and Eve shit. That is basically saying we are all products of incest, and that incest is cool. So, if that is the case... why aren't all you God-loving folk butt fucking your brothers and sisters. Ah, you see... you already are, because according to that cock and bull story, we are all related.

And what's with all that thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife or some shit... that didn't stop God from impregnating the virgin Mary when she was clearly Joseph's bitch.

N this shit^

Adam and eve is clearly a metaphor for man and woman. It doesent mean there were only two people, it clearly means adam is a word for man and eve is a word for woman. The bible is full of metaphors you always got to be real vigilant for that type of crap..

And btw-- Jesus is not nessecarily that dude from 2000 years ago that christians proclaim to be jesus.. Thats just a common misconception because christians spread their proporganda to people who dont know any better and it sticks...

So meh......

I dont really agree with this thread sorry...
Old 02-12-07, 08:00 AM   #7
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: A644 4EFD

lol dude...notice how you quoted a scripture from one book from old testament then the new testament.........theres a reason why its called the "OLD TESTAMENT" and the "NEW TESTAMENT"

of course im just wrong and ignorant.............

ANd you took them out of context with the book ...you could put scriptures together that say that George Bush is a NINJA from africa or somthing

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 02-12-07, 08:06 AM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
lol dude...notice how you quoted a scripture from one book from old testament then the new testament.........theres a reason why its called the "OLD TESTAMENT" and the "NEW TESTAMENT"

of course im just wrong and ignorant.............

ANd you took them out of context with the book ...you could put scriptures together that say that George Bush is a NINJA from africa or somthing

Quiet down sheep..

Are you trying to say your god changed his mind in the time that the old testement came out to the new?

Or is it more likly the people who wrote it had different human concieved views on god and kinda screwed up as their known well for doing..

Why is god's message different? His point does stand...
Old 02-12-07, 08:16 AM   #9
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: A644 4EFD

Jesus is the Fufillment of Moses teachings.......

God will not change his mind.......but he will change his awnsers.......

You have to think of God like a father and us like kids......God wants whats best for us..not was going to neccasarily make us happy. He wants us blessed. Its not this big "happy" story that most people try to kick it off to be...Christians go through the same things as everyone else......But leaning on him and giving it up to him builds perseverence....... The Old Testament was before Jesus.....The New Testament was the law after Jesus...Because everyone falls short of the glory....before they burnt offerings to have there sins forgiven.....now you accept Christ as your savior.......But I know im problay going to be told im ignorant........but thats the only thing you can call me......."If you dont stand for nothing you'll fall for anything". How do you know that none of this is true? were you there 2000 years ago? WHy should i Go off what you say compared to a book that millions of people follow? And the way that my life has been changed..and the way i've felt..why should i beleive what you say?

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 02-12-07, 08:22 AM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Why should I be told to think of god like anything?

God is not something you or I know.. So not you nor anyone on earth has the authority to teach what god is or how one should think of him. Only speculate.
Old 02-12-07, 11:30 AM   #11
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: E0AB 4BA8

Ok sorry Nick but as most know the God of the old testament and the god of the New testament are different. Obviously they're the same but after Jesus was crucified and his blood washed away our sins so we could be forgiven instead of having to give sacrafices, since Jesus was the ultimate sacrafice, the god of today is a merciful, as you were comparing old testament and new testament scriptures, which in a discussion of this sort shouldnt be compared to give a "personality" if you will of god.

Anyways just my $0.02 but yeah
Old 02-12-07, 11:56 AM   #12
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: BC9F EC21

homie, lmao @ you using the 2 biggest elementary school arguments against Christianity and trying to sound profound... "Adam and Eve means we're all related!!!!!! *shocked*" LOL, its a metaphor homie, and the whole New vs. Old Testament "God is mean/God is nice" argument is just as old and lame... the whole point of the New Testament is that Jesus was crucified under God for all Christians sins, so we are forgiven... so THEREFORE it would actually be a contradiction if God wasn't forgiving and peaceful towards our sins in the New Testament... think before you speak (or type) please.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 02-12-07, 12:46 PM   #13
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

STFU Dick Fetcher.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 02-13-07, 02:22 AM   #14
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
STFU Dick Fetcher.

LMFAO!! Was that you in that chat thread...???
Old 02-13-07, 02:24 AM   #15
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

Nah, I just heard about it y0.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!