RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-07, 06:51 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Always trust your...

IP: 9B2C 9A4D

FEELINGS...not thought

feelings are our truest connection to ourselves...Thoughts are mainly based on beliefs taught to us by people who can LIE.

Without judgment, we should listen to our feelings and let intuition guide us...

Typically, we're taught to value rational thought over feelings...But, it should be the other way around.

What I'm referring to is instinct, that gut feeling that should guide us. All animals naturally have it. We as humans suppress it because, as stated, we're taught to not trust our intuition.

Don't confuse feelings with thoughts or emotions. Feelings are pure energy, a true connection to your essence. Emotions are FEELINGS with THOUGHTS attached. Thoughts are beliefs taught to us that we either agree with or not. And, unfortunately, much of what we are/were taught is a lie.

What you feel is what you feel. That is never wrong or right. No judgments should be passed.

Feelings don't lie...THOUGHTS DO.

Last edited by Tha_Q : 02-24-07 at 07:08 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 06:53 PM   #2
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Thats what females do.
Thats why they're considered crazy.
When you use your THOUGHT you use logic. Logic is commonsense.
Feelings are sometimes uncontrollable.
You can do things out of anger that you might regret. You can do things out of extrme depression like suicide.
All from using your feelings and not your thought.
The End.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 06:58 PM   #3
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

^^I'm not insulting you when I say, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Feelings, thoughts, and emotions are all different. What you're referring to are EMOTIONS, which are FEELINGS with THOUGHTS attached.

Feelings are what's natural to you without thought or judgment...It's pure energy, a oneness with your essence.

For instance, when you see someone you love for the first time in a long time, there's a certain feeling you have deep inside. When we say, "I feel happy," that's an emotion because we've attached a word to something indescribable.

What I'm referring to is instinct, that gut feeling that should guide us. All animals naturally have it. We as humans suppress it because, as stated, we're taught to not trust our intuition.

Old 02-24-07, 09:37 PM   #4
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: FE48 4155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Thats what females do.
Thats why they're considered crazy.
When you use your THOUGHT you use logic. Logic is commonsense.
Feelings are sometimes uncontrollable.
You can do things out of anger that you might regret. You can do things out of extrme depression like suicide.
All from using your feelings and not your thought.
The End.

Nuff said..............
Old 02-24-07, 11:44 PM   #5
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D22F CD29

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Einstein
where do u guys get your definitions of words like feelings, emotions, or common sense?

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 05:17 AM   #6
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Nuff said..............

How many times have you said, "SOMETHING told me I shudda done this or that..." or " I KNEW I shudn't have done this..."

^^That "something" is your intuition/your feelings, which are NOT emotions!!!!

But, I see you're having a
knee jerk reaction...

Come on...open your mind a bit...

When you're ready...this will open up a whole new world of Joy to you.

The cause of nearly all discomfort, pain, and conflict is because people repress or run from their feelings...Most mask them with some form of cover, including drugs and sex...

Feelings are true. Thoughts are dubious. Y'all have got to know better...

Thoughts are beliefs we either agree with or don't. Many things we're taught are lies. So, you believe them just because they seem logical? That's more naive than anything else.

Feelings don't lie. When you learn to let your intuition guide you, your life will improve 10000000 FOLD.

Nuff said.

Last edited by Tha_Q : 02-25-07 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-25-07, 05:24 AM   #7
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Einstein
where do u guys get your definitions of words like feelings, emotions, or common sense?

The labels aren't as important as the definitions, which are derived from observation and experience.

But, I'm basing these principles on the teachings of Arnold Patent, author of "you can have it all."

READ IT. It will change your life.

Last edited by Tha_Q : 02-25-07 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-25-07, 10:10 AM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Emotions are clouds that block your perception, thought and logic are like obstructions that may either be helpful or be a nuisance, a feeling is like a scent that you can know and trust... The safest thing to follow, and will lead you in the right direction. That's what you mean, right? I think people have misunderstood.

That's all very well and good, but people are crappy at noticing or "feeling" their feelings. It's easy to mistake thoughts and emotions for feelings, but I think you know a feeling when you feel it.

By the way, I am not familiar with the author arnold patent or that book you're talking about, but 99% of those "excel in life" and "how to acheive success" books are useless babble, depending on who wrote them.

Last edited by Terumoto : 02-25-07 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-25-07, 11:26 AM   #9
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Emotions are clouds that block your perception, thought and logic are like obstructions that may either be helpful or be a nuisance, a feeling is like a scent that you can know and trust... The safest thing to follow, and will lead you in the right direction. That's what you mean, right? I think people have misunderstood.

That's all very well and good, but people are crappy at noticing or "feeling" their feelings. It's easy to mistake thoughts and emotions for feelings, but I think you know a feeling when you feel it.

By the way, I am not familiar with the author john patent or that book you're talking about, but 99% of those "excel in life" and "how to acheive success" books are useless babble, depending on who wrote them.

wow @ you jumping to conclusions...The book is about how to tap into your feelings. One correction though, it's by ARNOLD Patent, not John.

But, with such a negative attitude from the jump, I see why they don't work for you.

And yes, I'm saying feelings are the safest bet to follow. People didn't misunderstand. They're doing exactly what I'm saying, using their logic instead of what they feel. They've been taught that "feelings" can not be trusted. So, they've going along with it. I know better though.

Also, people don't have a hard time feeling feelings...They have a hard time facing and accepting them.

Old 02-25-07, 01:11 PM   #10
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

Always trust my feelings? What about if I just know that the answer to a test is 'a', then I pick it and it's wrong, even though I didn't know the logical answer and it's not an emotion?
Old 02-25-07, 01:55 PM   #11
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hades
Always trust my feelings? What about if I just know that the answer to a test is 'a', then I pick it and it's wrong, even though I didn't know the logical answer and it's not an emotion?

Your question is unclear because I think you're speaking in rhetoric at points...

But, I get what you're asking.

#1...When your intuition guides you, your intellects is important to execute the action...So, if my gut is telling me something, I go along with it, using my logic to carry out the action.

Also, you can BEST BELIEVE that repressed feelings will come out one way or the other. They usually come out in violent form, hence the many conflicts humans face. Conflict and pain are simply repressed feelings trying to be expressed.
Old 02-25-07, 06:57 PM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Q
wow @ you jumping to conclusions...The book is about how to tap into your feelings. One correction though, it's by ARNOLD Patent, not John.

But, with such a negative attitude from the jump, I see why they don't work for you.

And yes, I'm saying feelings are the safest bet to follow. People didn't misunderstand. They're doing exactly what I'm saying, using their logic instead of what they feel. They've been taught that "feelings" can not be trusted. So, they've going along with it. I know better though.

Also, people don't have a hard time feeling feelings...They have a hard time facing and accepting them.

I'm just saying... There are good self help books out there, but that one you mentioned probably isn't one of them. I did some research for you.

"Arnold Patent's Book is a typical simplistic 'new age' treatise.' It is very preachy and blame oriented i.e if your life is a mess then it is your fault, you created it. The cornerstone of his philosophy is 'Integrity' but is really moralistic. Although it is very wordy and repetitive there is very little substance to the book. Has sold well over the years because of its title which is the hook, the promise of a supremely abundant life, which is another way of expressing greed at any cost. This fits nicely in the long tradition of 'Get rich quick schemes' by selling 'How to get rich' books. There are no short cuts in life."

I've just read some of Arnold Patent's shit. Basically he has taken age old eastern philosophies, and turned them from selfless into selfish and included many forces that don't exist in the way he describes them. His shit won't work, you might feel like it will or does, but the feeling will fade and dissapear. His writing is true to his heart, but his heart is NOT in the right place, which is not his fault.
Old 02-25-07, 08:04 PM   #13
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

What if I get angry and feel like killing someone...

Is that a feeling I should trust?
Old 02-25-07, 08:10 PM   #14
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

That's an emotion.
Old 02-25-07, 09:40 PM   #15
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Anger is the emotion..

The feeling is where I feel like killing someone to make myself feel better.............

Ya feel?