RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-07, 04:24 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Rethinking Homosexuality...and you thought you knew

IP: 9B2C 9A4D

1st off, let me cut to the chase:

A.) I have heard every major argument FOR and AGAINST homosexuality.

I've heard that it's unnatural.
I've heard that it's immoral.
I've heard that it's natural, but immoral.
Ive heard that demons cause it.
I've heard that it's natural and acceptable.
I've heard that it's genetic.
I've heard that it's a choice.
I've heard that it's a combination of both.

Well, here's something to consider.

Most people aren't 100% GAY or 100% straight. Sexuality is a spectrum, somewhat like the color spectrum. Most people fall along certain points of that spectrum at various times of their lives. And, only a very small percentage are at either extreme polar ends--i.e., strictly gay or strictly straight.

For the sake of this argument, I'll define homosexuality as:

"Physical attraction to and/or sexual stimulation of the same sex."

The fact is, there is portion of the human species that engages in homosexuality, as well as heterosexuality (i.e., bisexuality).

Here's the issue. If homosexuality isn't "natural", then why does it occur so rampantly in nature?

There are certain ape and monkey species that base their entire society on homosexual behavior. Take for example the Bonobos apes. They engage in sex ALL DAY LONG. There is no distinction between gay or straight. Males will mount males. Females will mount females. Old will mount young. Young will mount old. And, of course, heterosexual sex still occurs.

**Also, many of these apes will have sex face to face like humans.

Certain Dolphin species have life partners of the same sex. For example, two male dolphins will sexual stimulte each other and engage in a homosexual mating dance. They are often joined by a second homosexual couple to form a "4-some". If one of the males dies, the group will engage in homosexual acts as a "3-some". This has been photographed and documented by scientists.

There are many other species of monkies that engage in female homosexuality. The old thinking was that animals only engaged in homosexual acts when they didn't have the opposite sex available. Scientists have found this to not necessarily be true. They discovered that in some monkey species, females rejected male company in favor of their female lovers. Then, and only when they're ready to reproduce, do they associate with the opposite sex.

Scientists have also discovered that bison and rams engage in homosexuality as part of social bonding. In some cases, males mounting other males is a show od dominance. But, scientists have found that this isn't always the case. Social bonding and establishing long-term relationships/protection is also part of homosexual behavior.

So, this begs the following questions:

1. If homosexuality is demonic, why do animals engage in it regularly?

2. Then, if the demons cause homosexuality to make a person "sin", again, why do animals engage in it? Can monkies sin?

3. If homosexuality is so unnatural, then why is it rampant in MANY animal species?

4. If homosexuality is immoral, then why does it occur in humans JUST AS IT DOES in many animals species? Can animals, such as fruit flies, be immoral? (P.S., scientists have identified homosexual behavior in fruit flies, drosophila melanogaster)

5. If homosexuality isn't at least partly genetic, then how were scientists able to manipulate genes in fruit flies to "turn" some males gay?

Conclusion:

I'm not here to convert anyone to homosexuality. Just like in some animal species, homosexuality EXISTS in humans. There are many animals, even within a species where homosexuality exists, that don't exhibit those characteristics, just as with humans. And, there are some animals that don't engage in homosexuality at all. However, we need to rethink our philosophies on homosexuality. Only humans stigmatize the gay segment of their species. Other animal species make no such distinction. Sex is sex and it's natural. There are species that are almost PAN-sexual. They just hump every damn thing! It's clear that some people are bigots because they are TAUGHT to be bigots. And, that to me, is immoral and unnatural.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 04:51 PM   #2
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
IP: 39AB 70FF

i have a friend who's a lezbian, n her n her gf seem to b havin sum problems lately, cuz she thinks her gf iz gonna leave her fo a guy, so lately she's bin all over me n shit, huggin n kissin n shit, tellin me she love me n shit, tellin me that im hot n shit, so thats got me thinkni, cuz like, im straight so id never b able to look at a guy n b like "ur actually really hot" (except u Q, of course) but she's a lezbian and thinks im hot n shit, so im kinda thinkin she's not az much of a lezbian az she thinks she iz, naw mean werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 03-24-07, 05:20 PM   #3
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

yea but animals dont have the same intellegence as us, they dont know what the purpose of sex is they just do it because it feels good. they dont know sex exists to reproduce and create babies. us humans know better. yes we do have sex when we dont plan on reproducing but it's not right to abuse the privledge of having sex. fucking people of the same sex crosses the line when it comes to just making each other feel good. so YES it IS immoral because animals dont have the ability to make decisions they live off of instinct, animals are irrelevent because they have no morals or souls thats why animals niether go to heaven or hell. and dont turn to religion to try and save your point please...all im saying is those with the ability to think beyond instinct have the right to enforce the human morals of society
Old 03-24-07, 06:01 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Animals eat other animals and kill at will, they also eat their children when hungry

2. Then, if the demons cause homosexuality to make a person "sin", again, why do animals engage in it? Can monkies sin?
Monkeys shit in their hands and throw it at you,

3. If homosexuality is so unnatural, then why is it rampant in MANY animal species?
Common doesn't mean correct

4. If homosexuality is immoral, then why does it occur in humans JUST AS IT DOES in many animals species? Can animals, such as fruit flies, be immoral? (P.S., scientists have identified homosexual behavior in fruit flies, drosophila melanogaster)
Humans are also animals

5. If homosexuality isn't at least partly genetic, then how were scientists able to manipulate genes in fruit flies to "turn" some males gay?
The whole nature vs nurture argument is retarded, because physical traits are just as influenced by surroundings as anything hormonal. I wasn't born being attracted to girls in school girl uniforms, or any other sexual prefrences I might have, combined with my personality and just overall outlook on myself and others I'm attracted to it. This is just my opinion though, theres likely to be more to it. =/
Old 03-24-07, 06:02 PM   #5
Compose

IP: 3776 31BC

being a fag isnt a sin or wrong but its nasty as hell, its amusing though to make fun of them cuz they get all butt-hurt and teary eyed and shit
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 03-24-07, 06:41 PM   #6
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 04DB 79A0

If animals can be gay, I'm sure there are other animals who still think it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
this is problay the least helpful website i've ever been too
Old 03-24-07, 07:27 PM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph

Animals eat other animals and kill at will, they also eat their children when hungry

Monkeys shit in their hands and throw it at you,

Common doesn't mean correct

Humans are also animals

The whole nature vs nurture argument is retarded, because physical traits are just as influenced by surroundings as anything hormonal. I wasn't born being attracted to girls in school girl uniforms, or any other sexual prefrences I might have, combined with my personality and just overall outlook on myself and others I'm attracted to it. This is just my opinion though, theres likely to be more to it. =/

Animals kill other animals to survive, and eat their young in some cases for the same reason. Human's slaughter and kill animals to eat for pleasure, not survival. Which is worse? And I guarantee you humans are capable of eating their own species. In the right circumstances, they wouldn't think twice about it.

Humans put metal pellets into a machine and shoot them at you at high speeds at you to make you die.

What Q is saying is homosexuality IS natural by definition, it is commonly found in the natural world. Is it correct? No. Is it incorrect? No. People are disgusted and afraid of it because it is different. And that is the ONLY reason. They don't give a shit whether it is right or wrong, natural or unnatural, somebody elses beliefs differ from theres in an extreme way that they don't understand, therefore those people are unnatural, demonic, sinners etc.

Why do you think there isn't such a drastic division between say, those that have sex before marriage and those that don't? It states blatantly in the bible, that doing that is demonic, sinful, and implies that if you do it you should chop off your cock. So why isn't everybody going around saying "blah blah blah, you're a heathen, you unnatural disgusting sinner, how dare you live your life in such a way!" It's because they're selfish fucks. The only reason they didn't / don't have marriage before sex is because they are following a rule they don't understand for a reason that is hammered into their brain.

They would LOVE to have sex before marriage, they probably think about doing it all the time. Often the reason they get married is to have sex. That kind of sinner is the same as them, they understand the sinner, so while they think the sinner lower than themselves to make their ego feel good, they don't get all butt hurt about it and make a big deal.

In reality, only those free of sin should be able to draw attention to the sins of others. The translated bible is worded a bit badly, the info is in there but it is difficult for it to get across. Not only are you not supposed to think about having sex before marriage, for example. You are supposed to get rid of your desire to have sex before marriage. And some sins were made up by people that shouldn't have been making things up.
Old 03-24-07, 09:07 PM   #8
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Animals kill other animals to survive, and eat their young in some cases for the same reason. Human's slaughter and kill animals to eat for pleasure, not survival. Which is worse? And I guarantee you humans are capable of eating their own species. In the right circumstances, they wouldn't think twice about it.

Humans put metal pellets into a machine and shoot them at you at high speeds at you to make you die.

What Q is saying is homosexuality IS natural by definition, it is commonly found in the natural world. Is it correct? No. Is it incorrect? No. People are disgusted and afraid of it because it is different. And that is the ONLY reason. They don't give a shit whether it is right or wrong, natural or unnatural, somebody elses beliefs differ from theres in an extreme way that they don't understand, therefore those people are unnatural, demonic, sinners etc.

Why do you think there isn't such a drastic division between say, those that have sex before marriage and those that don't? It states blatantly in the bible, that doing that is demonic, sinful, and implies that if you do it you should chop off your cock. So why isn't everybody going around saying "blah blah blah, you're a heathen, you unnatural disgusting sinner, how dare you live your life in such a way!" It's because they're selfish fucks. The only reason they didn't / don't have marriage before sex is because they are following a rule they don't understand for a reason that is hammered into their brain.

They would LOVE to have sex before marriage, they probably think about doing it all the time. Often the reason they get married is to have sex. That kind of sinner is the same as them, they understand the sinner, so while they think the sinner lower than themselves to make their ego feel good, they don't get all butt hurt about it and make a big deal.

In reality, only those free of sin should be able to draw attention to the sins of others. The translated bible is worded a bit badly, the info is in there but it is difficult for it to get across. Not only are you not supposed to think about having sex before marriage, for example. You are supposed to get rid of your desire to have sex before marriage. And some sins were made up by people that shouldn't have been making things up.

As for the animals and humans thing, I know humans arent on any levels morally, I was just going at Q (in my opinion) using animal behavior as a defense for right or wrong. And as for right and wrong I don't think people really think based on the commandments. Alot of retards cover up their hatred for gay people by saying they dont like it cause of commandments but its not. PEople say something is wrong or right depending on if it causes any "problems" for themselves or people around them. And even though sex before marriage has caused an overflow of single parent homes and teen pregnancy, people still think its fine for some reason. But people still "half" look at that as wrong. THe defense for before marriage sex is independance, the same group that homosexuality is in. I believe in independance also. I'm just thinking generally at the moment, seeing as people are making the choice of sexuality kind of a social issue.
Old 03-25-07, 02:28 PM   #9
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 9449 1105

if it was genetic, gay people would be declining not more popping up

twins would both be gay, not just one of the two twins

but I could believe it may be something wrong somewhere.

cause if it was natural, we would die out as a species btw

but one things for sure, acting on homosexual thoughts is deff your choice. I like alot of women, but i dont have sex with every single one, dont have to. Just like you dont have to have sex or date any guys

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 02:44 PM   #10
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

homosexuality occurs in nature but it is unproductive in the grand scheme of things...anything that isn't productive essentially leads to destruction
Old 03-25-07, 02:47 PM   #11
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xay
homosexuality occurs in nature but it is unproductive in the grand scheme of things...anything that isn't productive essentially leads to destruction

And, how do you view "social bonding" as unproductive? If homosexual acts brings animals closer together and then allows for the protection of others in that species as it does, how is it unproductive?

And, if you mean since gay sex doesn't lead to children, then isn't sex with condoms also UNPRODUCTIVE?...which, according to you, should lead to destruction?

hmmmm

Last edited by Tha .Q : 03-25-07 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-25-07, 02:49 PM   #12
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

don't get me wrong i am both perfectly aware that, and do agree that hetrosexual sex with a condom is unproductive...
Old 03-25-07, 02:52 PM   #13
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Smash'Alot
if it was genetic, gay people would be declining not more popping up

twins would both be gay, not just one of the two twins

but I could believe it may be something wrong somewhere.

cause if it was natural, we would die out as a species btw

but one things for sure, acting on homosexual thoughts is deff your choice. I like alot of women, but i dont have sex with every single one, dont have to. Just like you dont have to have sex or date any guys

You OBVIOUSLY didn't read what I stated. I said that in many cases, scientists discovered that animals who engaged in homosexual sex also engaged in heterosexual sex, thereby making them bisexual. The same can be found in humans. Therefore, again, my point is, how is it UNNATURAL when it occurs in NATURE?

*Evolution hasn't selected out homosexuality in animals. How do I know? IT EXISTS!!!!!!

Old 03-25-07, 02:54 PM   #14
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
As for the animals and humans thing, I know humans arent on any levels morally, I was just going at Q (in my opinion) using animal behavior as a defense for right or wrong. And as for right and wrong I don't think people really think based on the commandments. Alot of retards cover up their hatred for gay people by saying they dont like it cause of commandments but its not. PEople say something is wrong or right depending on if it causes any "problems" for themselves or people around them. And even though sex before marriage has caused an overflow of single parent homes and teen pregnancy, people still think its fine for some reason. But people still "half" look at that as wrong. THe defense for before marriage sex is independance, the same group that homosexuality is in. I believe in independance also. I'm just thinking generally at the moment, seeing as people are making the choice of sexuality kind of a social issue.

See...there is where you're wrong. I'm not making a judgment call either way. I'm asking, how can someone say homosexuality is UNNATURAL when it occurs so frequently in NATURE?

Then, I used the example of demons to support the argument that it is natural. How? So, demons are out to make animals sin?

Can animals sin?

Do we hold FLIES to a moral code? Scientists have identified homosexuality in fruit flies. Are they immoral?

Come on now.
Old 03-25-07, 02:56 PM   #15
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindstate
yea but animals dont have the same intellegence as us, they dont know what the purpose of sex is they just do it because it feels good. they dont know sex exists to reproduce and create babies. us humans know better. yes we do have sex when we dont plan on reproducing but it's not right to abuse the privledge of having sex. fucking people of the same sex crosses the line when it comes to just making each other feel good. so YES it IS immoral because animals dont have the ability to make decisions they live off of instinct, animals are irrelevent because they have no morals or souls thats why animals niether go to heaven or hell. and dont turn to religion to try and save your point please...all im saying is those with the ability to think beyond instinct have the right to enforce the human morals of society

Thank you. Then, if animals have NO MORALS, then how can something THEY DO (homosexuality) be considered immoral?

O wait...it's only immoral when we (humans) do it? How is it any different? Why, because we have rational thought? Then, if homosexuality requires rational thought, how are animals, which you just stated have NO RATIONAL THOUGHT, able to engage in it?

WHOMP...there it is!