RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-08, 11:20 PM   #31
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 6C2A 81A8

i hope to god that tebow comment was a joke.

and any great coach in america will tell you that a great defense beats a great offense.

its just like any other sport..what wins championships in baseball? pitching.

football?..see giants.
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 11:27 PM   #32
.Ike.
Ike

oh..and that matthew stafford dude is garbage too right?..yea..def. not an elite QB..he will probably only be a top 5 draft pick.
Old 10-12-08, 07:21 AM   #33
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 35A1 B8D0

^word, after Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and Chase Daniels go 1,2,3

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 07:32 AM   #34
J. Luth
I see dumb people

As for defense wins championships, yea it helps. But I'd rather take an A+ offense and a B+ defense than a C+ offense and an A+ defense.

You gotta remember in college football coaches only get a set amount of time to work with their players during the week. So the focus is mostly on offense. So in college atleast I'd take an A+ offense over an A+ defense any day.

A great QB can pick apart any defense. Of course he needs an OL to protect him. Look @ Tom Brady. (Super bowl he lost because Giants did what no other team could. Get to the QB. Make him go down, and go down hard). word

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 10-12-08, 11:39 AM   #35
.Ike.
Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
As for defense wins championships, yea it helps. But I'd rather take an A+ offense and a B+ defense than a C+ offense and an A+ defense.

You gotta remember in college football coaches only get a set amount of time to work with their players during the week. So the focus is mostly on offense. So in college atleast I'd take an A+ offense over an A+ defense any day.

A great QB can pick apart any defense. Of course he needs an OL to protect him. Look @ Tom Brady. (Super bowl he lost because Giants did what no other team could. Get to the QB. Make him go down, and go down hard). word

most of the focus is on offense?..tell Nick Saban that...he would laugh in your face.

And Pats were supposed to be the greatest offense of all time...they met one of the better D Lines of all time....didnt work out too well for them. Great defense beats great offense at all time..because a great defense will ALWAYS make a great offense have to adjust eventually.
Old 10-12-08, 11:40 AM   #36
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

Yeah, defense does win championships...period.

Becuase a great defense can put points on the board even with an offense on the sidelines

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 10-12-08, 01:50 PM   #37
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: 4BA8 34A1

^lol =/

Like a good offense can't keep the other offense off the field, aka giving the other team less possesions to score. I'd rather take that. Like the Jags-Colts game this yr. The Jags had the ball for 42 mins, and peyton only had it for 18. had they been 30-30, colts would have won easily. But jags had multiple 10+ minute drives that kept Peyton off the field and denied him chances to score. I'd rather take an A+ offense over A+ Defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
most of the focus is on offense?..tell Nick Saban that...he would laugh in your face.

And Pats were supposed to be the greatest offense of all time...they met one of the better D Lines of all time....didnt work out too well for them. Great defense beats great offense at all time..because a great defense will ALWAYS make a great offense have to adjust eventually.

lmao dude i'd maybe give you credit for that. But uhh if you remember Pats were 1-1 against Giants. and what was score like 30+ pts for each team.

If Giants really were greatest D lines of all time, they would have kept first game low scoring too.

First game, offense won, second D. the super bowl the giants were playing better, and Pats o-line was horrible. And brady wasn't as sharp either.

there were two games, with offense winning one and defense the other.

I don't care what you say, that Pats team would have beaten that same Giants team 9/10 times.

and I'm not talking in the NFL. I'm talking college football. An A+ offensive team will beat an A+ defensive team in the college level.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 10-12-08, 02:24 PM   #38
.Ike.
Ike

really now? may i go back to 1992?......one of the "greatest teams of all time"..the 92 Miami Canes..supposedly the most explosive offensive team ever...what happened in that Sugar Bowl for the National Championship?.....one of the top 10 D's ever whooped their ass all over the field for a supposed "upset". A+ offense usually does not win the game against A+ Defense...i mean...look at the last national champion..LSU..they sure as shit didnt win it on offense. They had a great D.

and you say a great offense can keep the ball away from another offense...but not if they are playing a great D...a great D will not allow a lengthy drive to happen. Trust me, noone LOVES a great drive running the ball and taking away clock more than i do..but you cant do that on a great all around defense.

That Giants D-Line was..like i said...one of the better D Lines ever..i never said it was the out right greatest ever. They held that "greatest offense of all time" to 14 points when it mattered the most. A great defense is your best offense...its called field position..time of possession. They were 1-1 against the Giants...but who won the championship? the great D..not the Great O. And, it doesnt matter what kind of football it is..NFL, college, high school, or Pop Warner...its all the same in the basic respects of the game.
Old 10-12-08, 03:51 PM   #39
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: 4BA8 34A1

Quote:
really now? may i go back to 1992?......one of the "greatest teams of all time"..the 92 Miami Canes..supposedly the most explosive offensive team ever...what happened in that Sugar Bowl for the National Championship?.....one of the top 10 D's ever whooped their ass all over the field for a supposed "upset". A+ offense usually does not win the game against A+ Defense...i mean...look at the last national champion..LSU..they sure as shit didnt win it on offense. They had a great D.

and you say a great offense can keep the ball away from another offense...but not if they are playing a great D...a great D will not allow a lengthy drive to happen. Trust me, noone LOVES a great drive running the ball and taking away clock more than i do..but you cant do that on a great all around defense.

That Giants D-Line was..like i said...one of the better D Lines ever..i never said it was the out right greatest ever. They held that "greatest offense of all time" to 14 points when it mattered the most. A great defense is your best offense...its called field position..time of possession. They were 1-1 against the Giants...but who won the championship? the great D..not the Great O. And, it doesnt matter what kind of football it is..NFL, college, high school, or Pop Warner...its all the same in the basic respects of the game.

dude what you're saying as the supposed to be best of all time shit, is OTHER's opinions.

like the OU team that lost to LSU. Before that big 12 game, Oklahoma was supposed to be the best team of ALL Time. they scored 50 in ALL their games. Including a 77-0 Thrashing of Texas Tech at Tech. Jason White didn't play past a first half in any game almost. Then they got smashed by a horrible Kansas St team. Those are just opinions, doesn't mean they were actually that good.

as for last yr's LSU. dude, they lost twice lol. If they went undefeated, you'd have a pt. But they lost to a great offensive team last yr. Kentucky. They couldn't stop the good offense. and they beat an overated Ohio St team.

I mean, you'd have to go way back to find an UNDEFEATED champ that won it by defense.

all I see is, USC offense, Texas offence, Ohio St. luck LOL that yr was fucking BS how they won all those games. Sloppy games all over. pshh... then Miami offense, Oklahoma offense. then i don't know past that.

but the defensive teams that won. They've all lost games too. mostly against top offenses

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 10-12-08, 05:27 PM   #40
.Ike.
Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
dude what you're saying as the supposed to be best of all time shit, is OTHER's opinions.

like the OU team that lost to LSU. Before that big 12 game, Oklahoma was supposed to be the best team of ALL Time. they scored 50 in ALL their games. Including a 77-0 Thrashing of Texas Tech at Tech. Jason White didn't play past a first half in any game almost. Then they got smashed by a horrible Kansas St team. Those are just opinions, doesn't mean they were actually that good.

as for last yr's LSU. dude, they lost twice lol. If they went undefeated, you'd have a pt. But they lost to a great offensive team last yr. Kentucky. They couldn't stop the good offense. and they beat an overated Ohio St team.

I mean, you'd have to go way back to find an UNDEFEATED champ that won it by defense.

all I see is, USC offense, Texas offence, Ohio St. luck LOL that yr was fucking BS how they won all those games. Sloppy games all over. pshh... then Miami offense, Oklahoma offense. then i don't know past that.

but the defensive teams that won. They've all lost games too. mostly against top offenses

ok..let me ask you this...if Oklahoma was to win the National Championship with 2 losses...you would be extremely excited right? youd probably go out and buy an OU BCS champion shirt right? youd make a thread about how your team just won the NC right? Everyone else would be inferior to your team right?...because you just won the national championship game. It would STILL be a national championship. There is 1 champion crowned every year. 06 is the same as 05...it all counts the same. They did lose 2 games (with inflated scores due to overtime..it wasnt any sort of offensive massacre..trust me)..but their defense is what carried them..NOT their offense. I dont care is Ohio State was overrated or not...they had 1 loss..and deserved a shot at the national championship..that is who LSU should have played. They won soundly...on defense.

and you say that its just "peoples opinions"..but Miami came into that game a 14 point favorite. And go back and look...then try and tell me that Miami's offense in those years werent some of the greatest in the history of the game...if you dont think that..then you didnt do any research..or you just choose to ignore it. ANYONE that was alive in that era of college football will tell you that the Miami teams of that age was amongst the most dominating ever. And you also brought up 2 analysts earlier in this thread or the other..i cant remember...but the sports world is ran halfway through the media...like it or not. The media is paid to give you these comparisons about who is the greatest at what..and a lot of the times they overexaggerate..and a lot of the times they are spot on.

USC offense...Texas offense..Miami offense?...go look at those defenses...id say youd find a lot of those same names on NFL rosters. you CANNOT win a national championship with a sub par defense. It has never happened..and never will. Now i can point out a TON of teams that have won with sub par offenses. Thats just how the game of football goes....as well as any other sport. Offense catches the eye..and looks best to the spectator...but defense will get you to the promise land.
Old 10-12-08, 08:44 PM   #41
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

Ravens-2000

*end of discussion*

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 10-12-08, 11:32 PM   #42
...Voke...
"Click Clack"

Text Record: 6-2
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: D3E9 C878

all this talk bout defense, yall nizzles forget if the giants only had a c+ offense they wouldnt have been able to drive down for the winning td, great d's, the ravens have had
great D's,but besides 2000 what has that got em? exactly, even Ray Lewis said "we need that balance, offense and d....
and as for tebow, he's atheltic like whoa, but he's not going to do what
he's doing in college in the pro's, i'm judging on what i think he'll do in the pro's
not in college, and the fact that even espn has to debate if he's an elite qb says it all, gimme colt or bradford over tebow any day....

Last edited by ...Voke... : 10-12-08 at 11:36 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ...Voke...   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 03:48 PM   #43
J. Luth
I see dumb people

^exactly. You still need offense to come thru in a pressure situation. Giants had Eli. Who stepped it up into second gear after that week 16 game. He played ill throughout. Had he been the same eli in the first 15 weeks, then he prolly would have thrown an INT or gone down with the sack. ~_~

Quote:
ok..let me ask you this...if Oklahoma was to win the National Championship with 2 losses...you would be extremely excited right? youd probably go out and buy an OU BCS champion shirt right? youd make a thread about how your team just won the NC right? Everyone else would be inferior to your team right?...because you just won the national championship game. It would STILL be a national championship. There is 1 champion crowned every year. 06 is the same as 05...it all counts the same. They did lose 2 games (with inflated scores due to overtime..it wasnt any sort of offensive massacre..trust me)..but their defense is what carried them..NOT their offense. I dont care is Ohio State was overrated or not...they had 1 loss..and deserved a shot at the national championship..that is who LSU should have played. They won soundly...on defense.

and you say that its just "peoples opinions"..but Miami came into that game a 14 point favorite. And go back and look...then try and tell me that Miami's offense in those years werent some of the greatest in the history of the game...if you dont think that..then you didnt do any research..or you just choose to ignore it. ANYONE that was alive in that era of college football will tell you that the Miami teams of that age was amongst the most dominating ever. And you also brought up 2 analysts earlier in this thread or the other..i cant remember...but the sports world is ran halfway through the media...like it or not. The media is paid to give you these comparisons about who is the greatest at what..and a lot of the times they overexaggerate..and a lot of the times they are spot on.

USC offense...Texas offense..Miami offense?...go look at those defenses...id say youd find a lot of those same names on NFL rosters. you CANNOT win a national championship with a sub par defense. It has never happened..and never will. Now i can point out a TON of teams that have won with sub par offenses. Thats just how the game of football goes....as well as any other sport. Offense catches the eye..and looks best to the spectator...but defense will get you to the promise land.

lol i never said they had a weak offense. This whole debate was brought up because of the Texas-OU game being high scoring. Lot of people thinking that OU and Texas have bad defense. Hell no, if you watched game you saw plenty of great defensive plays BUT you saw even BETTER plays by Colt and Bradford. They threw the ball with such accuracy into tightly defended areas.

just look @ OU's last td to make it 35-30. dude was covered perfectly, but Bradford somehow snuck it in there. You can't stop a QB with great accuracy and decision making.

also I also said I'd rather take an A+ offense and B+ defense over an A+ defense with a B+ offense.

and as for Tebow, I completely agree with Voke. In college, he might be elite. But not in the NFL. Look @ Vince Young. I LOVE how in his first yr, iunno if you were one of them Ike, but people shitted on me for commenting how weak of a NFL QB he is. He sucks. Point blank. Fucking i was watching the Tennesse-Jags game.

I saw an awesome defense, a good fucking rookie RB. and then a horrible OVERATED QB holding them down. Just bring in a poised Veteran QB in Collins, who just needs to be a game manager and they're off to a 5-0 start. Keep Vince in there, they prolly lose that Jacksonville game, and are either 2-3 or worse. Tennesse fans booed him. Dude is good, and Fischer is like "Sit the fuck on the bench you pussy". But in college, Vince was i think voted best college player ever in the recent ranks?

same with Tebow, lot of scouts i've heard aren't too sure how good he'll be. He'll def be talented, but i don't think he'd be one of the elite NFL QB's.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 10-13-08, 11:06 PM   #44
.Ike.
Ike

im not talking about NFL potential...you dont have to be a great NFL player to be a great college player. I hope you dont think that if your talent doesnt transfer into the NFL..then you were never an elite player...just look at the Heisman list..and tell me how many NFL hall of famers are on that list...some..yes...but a large percentage were average or not even good in the NFL. See, Troy Smith...See, Matt Leinart...Need i bring up Ryan Leaf? Leaf was ELITE in college..damn near unstoppable..and he should forever be remembered as one of the great college QB's. And, If you dont think Tim Tebow is a GREAT college quarterback..well frankly..your just fucking stupid.

and the only thing i said about VY..was that he always found a way to win somehow...i never said he would be a great NFL QB..he just always seemed to do enough to get the W is all i said...which he did. A lot of that had to do with a great D.

we shall agree to disagree...id take a great D...youd take a great O
Old 10-13-08, 11:09 PM   #45
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: 161A F505

^lol son I never said if you aren't good in NFL, you aren't elite in college. I said a player can be elite in college, but that doesn't mean he'll be elite in the NFL. That's why I cited Vince. Tebow, I don't think he'll be elite. Like his throwing motion is ehh, still needs work. I mean he'll be good. But I doubt he'll be great.

Matt ryan. That's someone who looks really good right now.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ