RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whose picture is better designed?
BAPHOMET 6 54.55%
SUPERVILLAIN 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-08, 12:03 AM   #46
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 161A F505

lmfao @ you not knowing why I did it.

Keep your cheeks closed kid.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 04:15 AM   #47
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

and BLAOW! another nerd into the lockers..
Old 12-01-08, 05:08 AM   #48
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

are you sure you have the sound effects on point??....

would you just let people vote and stop posting dumb shit now..
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 12-01-08, 07:41 AM   #49
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

i agree with SV's irritation at being voted against for being "too abstract"....being abstract adds to a piece of art more often than not and i think that made it look really dope...minds should be opened before flipping a pro as a con when voting
Old 12-01-08, 08:54 AM   #50
сварливый

I guess then that point relies fully on if it's artwork or not.......

to say it's completely different style and it's knowledgeable as long as people know the original theme then this makes this art vs. drawing

An authentic art work is a Masterpiece, simply drawing words for fun isn't exactly that. Maybe if you took one of your styles to write a word but at the same time, in Baphomet's case, include all the arrows he usually uses, give it a name, something that means something important, and then it'll be a masterpiece and art.. as long as it has a theme, story, or simple brilliance that is.. SV is caught right inbetween...

if I saw it your way I'd say you couldn't vote on this either. You should probably close this, decide a theme, and then continue your battle any time. So decide what the graphics battle will be put under in sub categories, and either allow SV's type of battle style vs. baphs exampled type in graphics or just allow the word to be written. If you take SV's style or whatever you wanna call it, you'll be making it more towards a higher accepted version of art in the graphics field, (still I dunno what SV did; Supervillain wrote a word inside of a picture.) otherwise, you're just being artsy, and drawing words on paper.
Old 12-01-08, 11:04 AM   #51
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 8351 B8D9

How SV 'lost' this is beyond me... Thats the problem when you have people who don't write judging ish.. this battle is just another RV popularity contest.. I mean just compare SV's marker control and pen style to Nos' its so clean and hella more accomplished.. nm, gd ish.. least people are interested, keep the art alive yo..

lmao @ 'too complicated / abstract'... does everyone know what Wildstyle is?

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 12-01-08, 11:48 AM   #52
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 4073 3380

bro.. that shit i drew painted cantwo steez with aerosol would rock the fucking boat with a proper background...

my style is like that because I do hectic fill effects and proper fades, my characters are realistic and im a painter not a pro sketcher so my neatness on paper isnt what im aiming for..

I dont think I lost.. I just think the styles are too different to judge..

its a bad battle... I dont think I won either... but saying I lost doesent really sit well with me man.......... I didnt use any markers on mine either, just a HB pencil... I dunno, we can digress and discuss this if you like...

But I've come to realise graffiti battles on this site arnt going to really work unless we have a proper voting panel and tighter rules on style.... cause this is totally out of proportion...
Old 12-01-08, 11:51 AM   #53
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: E1A8 CBB8

i think a new thread should be made where all this is sorted out and arranged properly
Old 12-01-08, 11:53 AM   #54
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Yeah I dunno how its gonna get sorted and arranged properly dude....

graff battles got shitted on in this thread.....
Old 12-01-08, 11:55 AM   #55
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: E1A8 CBB8

there also needs to be a voting blacklist....i know a book shouldn't be judged by its cover but you got dudes in here who clearly shouldn't be voting on anything like this
Old 12-01-08, 12:12 PM   #56
сварливый

^ that's a false statement..

With rules and regulations as I suggested as well as Baph, anyone who reads the rules and regulations has the ability to vote, it's all preference, unlike a large majority of text or voice battles that voting on takes a bit of common sense.
Old 12-02-08, 09:31 AM   #57
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 8351 B8D9

I don't doubt that shit would look illy when you throw it up bro, but in the battle , I can only judge the blackbook sketch work presented.. to speculate on people's can ability is too hard, unless ppl are going to throw their pieces up and take photos. On PureG.net the exact same battle premise is used but the writers are judged on the sketch as that is the only evidence of skill presented. Whats crazy is a lot of blackbook work will probs never make a wall/train/wha'eva.. so this is an oppurtunity to go out of the box and just explore.. which for me is the essence of blackbook work; further excacerbated by the stipulation that its 'wildstyle' - hence for me why SV has to be the winner.. my confidence in his piece is no attack on yours... for me I just felt he captured it alot better. As you say, your main ability lies in your can work, further testament to SV being more accomplished on this occasion.. We all have strength and weaknesses... SV might not be able to use a can for shit.

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 12-02-08, 09:45 AM   #58
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuity
I don't doubt that shit would look illy when you throw it up bro, but in the battle , I can only judge the blackbook sketch work presented.. to speculate on people's can ability is too hard, unless ppl are going to throw their pieces up and take photos. On PureG.net the exact same battle premise is used but the writers are judged on the sketch as that is the only evidence of skill presented. Whats crazy is a lot of blackbook work will probs never make a wall/train/wha'eva.. so this is an oppurtunity to go out of the box and just explore.. which for me is the essence of blackbook work; further excacerbated by the stipulation that its 'wildstyle' - hence for me why SV has to be the winner.. my confidence in his piece is no attack on yours... for me I just felt he captured it alot better. As you say, your main ability lies in your can work, further testament to SV being more accomplished on this occasion.. We all have strength and weaknesses... SV might not be able to use a can for shit.

i can take that man... and yeah SV prolly would get my vote for neatness and what he did when he inked it up, went to a bit more trouble with his coloring and used his mediums a little better than I did... he did a really nice wildstyle peice too i must admit... painted that would look fresh... but the styles all diff, thats an LA street peice to the max... you wouldnt put characters around that, it aint like stuff from europe, australia n shit like that so much except for certain writers who fuck with LA styles...

thats not a problem at all... and yeah his shit is neater than mine... I should of gone into more detail, inked it all up and done proper fades on my character... truth be told i went off a really quick peice he did for the previous battle as to the trouble I went to on drawing my shit up.. I wasnt expecting what he did, massivly surprised me... dudes a talented writer...

i guess at the end of the day, he threw a spanner in the works lol... and i dont think we can do graffiti battles cause people voted wrongly on SV I can say that much....

but quietly I could do more with mine mural style at a water tower painted which would look fucking insane.... But its rapping for me at the moment.. I dont have the time to paint much except for chromies n cheap black gloss fill peices latly...
Old 12-02-08, 12:25 PM   #59
J Summers

IP: 065A 6EA8

s.v. make a picture that says SUMMZ cuz that shit is to fuckin tight..right there
Old 12-02-08, 07:26 PM   #60
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

IP: 2B66 7CC0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuity
... SV might not be able to use a can for shit.

^^^im dope with cans too...but for now, you'll just have to take my word for it.

and once again...dope shit baph.

*shakes hand and splits a bottle of hennessey.*

s.v.

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.