RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-09, 06:59 AM   #61
_Talksic_
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: E0A8 60CD

its a medical herb plain and simple

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..
Old 03-25-09, 06:29 PM   #62
N†T
Maggot

IP: 1356 B750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha
It being demonized and if it ruins lives are two seperate questions. You can't simply say no, becuase that means you believe it's not demonized in our culture, and considering theres a law that can ruin your record forever in a "marijuana possession" charge, you'd be ignorant to say it's not demonized.

Also, just because you were smoking weed everyday doesn't mean it's bad for you. It means you made a choice to abuse it, and abusing any substance is not a good thing. Hell, you like sugar right? Well if you abuse sugar, it's not good for your blood pressure.. and you could develop medical conditions from it. However, would you contend that sugar is a bad thing because you find yourself drinking it by the packet? Nope, you'd just say it's tasty as fuck. It's not the weed that's bad for you, it's your own choice to abuse it.

I'd also like to point out this fact.
You said your friend killed himself due to..
"stress that he made from drugs (other drugs as well)"

The most important piece of information there is other drugs.
Marijuana has never killed a single person in the history of earth.
Anxiety from Marijuana alone is not enough to drive someone over the edge.
I'd never defend any other substance besides marijuana in that aspect.

ok first off, I said what IIII think if its demonized and ruins lives, in which I said no, I was answering your QUESTION ALPHA so dont yell at me for answering the question that you asked, second IIIII would just be considered ignorant by SOCIETY because I don't believe its demonized, so if im ignorant then you are as well my good man.

Third, I never said it WAS bad for you idk if you ment health or mentally but I never said it was bad, so dont put words in my mouth. I was saying that I LET it become my own problem because of my own psychological abuse, I never said it had to do anything with the weed, it was no fault but my own.

Lastly I know, it was other drugs, but it was weed that lead him to other drugs, yet again that was not the weed's fault, it was his own. He let it get to him all to quick But God bless Nol he was a great kid none the less.

and also I think what your trying to do is turn my words upside down, your tryin to make it look like I think weed is a demonized drug and I am against it, and you would be wrong, in no way shape or form do I think weed itself is bad, but you have to be smart with it or else you will let catch up to you, think of weed as a pleasure seeker, not a reliance, that is the problem now a days with some people who smoke marijuana, they BELIEVE they are addicted.
Old 03-25-09, 10:04 PM   #63
Alphabetized
New Jack

IP: A1E4 9BCF

Quote:
Now to answer your question Alpha, do I think that marijuana is a demonized drug and that it ruins lives? Absolutley not.

I asked two different questions.

Do you think it's demonized by society, and do you believe it is helpful of detrimental to your health. YOUR answer tells me that you DON'T think it's a demonized drug as well as you don't think it ruins lifes. Are you serious? Society doesn't demonize marijuana? I can't watch comedy central without seeing a "dont smoke pot, above the influence comercial." Maybe the way the question was posed is confusing you.

and back to your friend, just because he smoked weed doesn't mean THAT was what made him try other drugs. To me, it seems like your implying that if he had never smoked weed, he wouldn't have moved onto harder drugs.. but that's bogus. Okay, so say 90% of people smoke weed before they do heroin. 100% of these people have shit before, or went to sleed, or been to church (well, maybe not all of them...) but you see my point. If your implying what I believe you are, your skewing the facts to further demonize the herb yourself compadre.
Old 03-25-09, 11:34 PM   #64
SnoCap
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-3
IP: 2210 2F31

weed isnt bad for you... smoking is...

if you brew weed in tea and drank it, or baked it in brownies and ate it... it'd do no bodily harm. Its the simple fact of smoking that hurts your body.

It is demonized and it shouldnt be.
Old 03-26-09, 09:09 AM   #65
bobericc_lyrics
text.even geico can do it

IP: 3AE9 A7D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabetized
I asked two different questions.

Do you think it's demonized by society, and do you believe it is helpful of detrimental to your health. YOUR answer tells me that you DON'T think it's a demonized drug as well as you don't think it ruins lifes. Are you serious? Society doesn't demonize marijuana? I can't watch comedy central without seeing a "dont smoke pot, above the influence comercial." Maybe the way the question was posed is confusing you.

and back to your friend, just because he smoked weed doesn't mean THAT was what made him try other drugs. To me, it seems like your implying that if he had never smoked weed, he wouldn't have moved onto harder drugs.. but that's bogus. Okay, so say 90% of people smoke weed before they do heroin. 100% of these people have shit before, or went to sleed, or been to church (well, maybe not all of them...) but you see my point. If your implying what I believe you are, your skewing the facts to further demonize the herb yourself compadre.

lol them shits is always on, ever since they passed that law
remember that one with the dude with a million shirts on and keeps taking them off til it was above the influence, that one was dope though, like it actually had a message to the youth.
but the one when the chick was mochin it up and her little brother was watching, that shit was gay, oh no he seen you! hes going to go do it right now! lol
and then the one with the dog talking was stupid as shit "your not the same person, i just want my friend back" hahaa
I be braking up some piff laughing histerically while them shits pop up
and word to weed not being a gateway drug, the gateway is really just insecurity and curiosity..
Old 03-28-09, 12:06 PM   #66
N†T
Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha- a kid who can't get his facts right
YOUR answer tells me that you DON'T think it's a demonized drug as well as you don't think it ruins lifes. Are you serious? Society doesn't demonize marijuana? I can't watch comedy central without seeing a "dont smoke pot, above the influence comercial." Maybe the way the question was posed is confusing you.

ok...lemme make things clear one more time...

YOUR QUESTION:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A L P H A B E T I Z E D
Does anyone on here believe that Marijuana is truthfully the demonized drug that the media and politicians lead us to believe, or do you believe it is a true medicinal herb?

I am not confused, your just putting words into my mouth once again...
YOU sir are asking me if IIIIII think weed is a demonzied drug like society believes that it is a demonized drug...so YOUR ASKING ME if IIIIII think that weed is demonized!! correct??? maybe theres an underlying question that im not following here or maybe a secret code, but as far as im concerned, that is what your asking....

I'll answer in this words that you can probably understand....
Do I think weed is TRUTHFULLY demonized drug, absolutley not! Of course society believes that weed is a bad drug! If they didnt? ITD BE LEGALlLLLLL. YOU my online friend are changing my words, you yourself said it right in there

"YOUR answer tells me that you DON'T think it's a demonized drug as well as you don't think it ruins lifes. Are you serious? Society doesn't demonize marijuana?"

When the fuck did I say that society DOESN'T demonzie weed??? Please, enlighten me I would love to know.....You completley shifted from citing my opinion then changed it to societies opinon and used that opinion as my words, Nah what I'm sayin?? Maybe thats a typo that you did not catch, I don't know

Your question did not confuse me, nor did my answer. You sir are solely confusing yourself...I hope this cleared it up for you...

I would also like you to bring my friend out of this picture....I know what he did ok? You can't bring the past back so just drop it, I knew him, I watched it develop, it was a true tragedy...R.I.P Nol

Last edited by N†T : 03-28-09 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-29-09, 08:16 AM   #67
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: C507 2A89

Man, those Above The Influence commercials are a fucking joke, you seen that one where the guy is late for dinner at Grandmas or some shit because he got stoned. How in the hell would that happen, no one would miss dinner. In fact, its false advertising truth is, I'd probably be at Grandmas house an hour early

Society demonizes and glorifies weed all the same, depends where you look, the same channel that airs the Above The Influence commercials will have a comic talk about weed for 5 min, or the entire show, (Kat Williams saying we all need to smoke, there is a chemical in weed called fuck it, ect)

As a smoker I could give a fuck less what society in part or on a whole thinks because regardless it wont change my situation, the only thing that would change everything would be a widespread acceptance and/or legalization, but until then nothing changes but the strain in the blunt and the flavor of the wrap

Last edited by DJ-Sydm : 03-29-09 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-29-09, 03:19 PM   #68
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: CF1A D121

you see that above the influence where one guys like "i let them write on my face" then another one says "i ditched my friends and made them find their own way home" and the other guys like "i left my girlfriend 27 messages last night"

lmao wtf u do that shit when u drink how the fuck do they get the 2 confused?? oh wait thats right the people that did this commercial never did what theyre talking about..thats why i hate when people try giving lectures over shit they dont know anything about

heres the commercial i wanna just slap the shit out of these people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNdC...feature=related
Old 03-31-09, 09:31 AM   #69
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: C507 2A89

Yeah, I just seen that shit earlier, no way dudes gone leave 27 messages, who has that long of an attention span high, I mean really, Ill send one using the least amount of characters as I can like I'm really gon' spam the bitch,

Although, the guy who gets written on, there is always some outcast lettin people do stupid shit to fit in but its def not cause of weed

The best I've seen was the one where the guy takes a hit from a joint then his head explodes
Old 04-06-09, 09:23 PM   #70
Alphabetized
New Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NtT
"Do I think weed is TRUTHFULLY demonized drug, absolutley not!"

What the fuck are you talking about dude?

Demonized = Society attaching a negative connotation to Marijuana usage and those who use the substance.

Now that you know the definition, maybe now you can see what your telling me.
By saying it's not demonized, your contending that the media doesn't portray marijuana in a negative light. To say this, you would either have to be ignorant for not knowing that it IS demonized in our society, or oblivious to the word you're arguing with me about.

Now, your response from before... let's take this step by step now.

Quote:
Now to answer your question Alpha, do I think that marijuana is a demonized drug and that it ruins lives? Absolutley not.

1.) Is Marijuana a demonized drug?
Your answer to THAT question would be a yes.

2.) Does Marijuana ruin lives?
Your answer to THAT question would be a no.

Those ^ ARE your opinion's, are they not?

If you truely believe that the media doesn't put a negative light
on things, then your fucking retarded and don't have the requirements
to even participate in an intellectual conversation.

Telling me I don't have my facts straight when I am the only one that knows what the fuck I'm talking about was premature, ignornant, a childish.

Smoke a joint bro, It seems like you've been deprived.
Old 04-09-09, 09:46 AM   #71
N†T
Maggot

IP: 867A 33D9

Alpha-You have no idea what the fuck you are asking nor are you even aware of what my answer is saying....

This is your actual question....
Does anyone on here believe that Marijuana is truthfully the demonized drug that the media and politicians lead us to believe, or do you believe it is a true medicinal herb?

Ill put it in simple terms to what your saying, your asking if anyone belives that marijuana is bad, or your poor word choice of "demonized" like the media makes out marijuana to be bad. Society should NOT make this drug to be a terrible thing for a human, and it is WRONG that they do that.

To this question I answered no, I do not believe that marijuana is the demonized drug....or a bad drug, like society leads us to believe....
of course society demonizes the drug, if they didnt it would be illegal...

Idk maybe I might be changing my mind about this drug cause maybe you smoke too much and your way to high to even comprehend what I'm saying, you poor, ignorant, and unintelligent human being

Maybe that was a lil harsh but i think the only one here that is deprived is you, for you lack common and simple knowledge.

By the way, the correct definition of 'demonized'-
Demonized-Middle English demon, from Late Latin & Latin; Late Latin daemon evil spirit, from Latin, divinity, spirit, from Greek daimōn, probably from daiesthai to distribute — more at tide
Date: 13th century
1 a: an evil spirit b: a source or agent of evil, harm, distress, or ruin
2usually daemon : an attendant power or spirit : genius
3usually daemon : a supernatural being of Greek mythology intermediate between gods and men
4: one that has exceptional enthusiasm, drive, or effectiveness <a demon for work>

^ I don't believe that marijuana is in any shape or form of that, but I'm aware that society thinks it is that...but I do not

In other words I'll do this for you

MY opinion=Marijuana =/= demonized + = a true helpful and medical herb

=/= means does not equal

Were on the same side so I don't know why your bitchin about this.... but,

Keep an open mind my friend, and make sure to read things thoroughly or else you will live all of your days clueless and believeing that your opinon is always correct, you have to be open to collaboration and other peoples opinion or else you WILL not make it far in life.....good luck to ya and my suggestion? smoke less and maybe you can understand
Old 04-10-09, 06:38 PM   #72
Alphabetized
New Jack

if the way i phrased the question is that important to you, i'll throw another
topic up so you can bust a load to it.

Get off my nuts, you know the question, you know what I meant by demonized,
your a dumbass dude legit.

Call me ignorant, but you lost to me in 1-2-1 this week...
so if i'm ignorant your a step below buddy.
Old 04-12-09, 06:26 PM   #73
N†T
Maggot

lol like the 1-2-1 has to do with anything were talking about, and somehow losing that battle makes me ignorant?? I do not comprehend...
Old 07-01-09, 03:02 PM   #74
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: 1FC2 E3E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRehaB
muarijuana as far as im concerned ISNT a drug. can you OD off it?? NO is it more harmful than some or most of the actual drugs out there? NO shit even ciggs are more harmful to your body...not saying that it doesnt have its negative effects but i dont believe its anywhere near bad enough to be considered illegal let alone a "demonized drug" you cant even get addicted to it atleast not physically. u see people going through withdrawals when they dont do it? you see people selling theyre tvs for that next dimebag?? NO NO and NO

Not necessarily, bro. Over the last 4 years (thru highschool) I became somewhat of a heavy smoker. I'm talking regularly, everyday, multiple times. Now, I actually am experiencing withdrawal symptoms from not smoking weed. For instance, weed gives you the munchies, right? Well, now I can't eat a thing without smoking. My stomach just cant handle it. It's either I'll be hungry, but with no appetite, or I take a few bites and be done, OR I just might throw it back up altogether. Also, my sleeping habits have changed quite a bit. I find myself tossing and turning ALOT more than I had ever done at night, and then waking up after a few hours and knowing I'm still tired as fuck but unable to fall asleep. I use to tell people all the time "weed isn't addictive, blah blah blah" until now I'm really experiencing it. I become extremely irritable and angry if I can't smoke, and all the little things just seem to be a big issue.

I guess my number one concern is my inabilty to eat and sleep. It fucks with you, man.

Be Careful.

Be careful.

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-09, 03:08 PM   #75
сварливый

IP: 1A87 E472

I don't know anyone else with those symptoms

so I'm tempted to just say it's your life in particular, not the marijuana
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|