RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Shit Happens Attitude (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=152489)

selah david 09-29-04 08:16 PM

Shit Happens Attitude

People (especially) in the hip hop community have a shit happens attitude. I posted yesterday about detroit being the murder capital, not because I was proud or anything like that but because I felt the need to raise awareness of the plight of the young black male in America. I try so hard not to trip off of the revolutionary type shit, but yall make me do it. The replies I got were so ignorant. I know that it happens everyday! That's what the fuckin problem is. We are not progressive. All we care about is ourselves no matter how many cliques we down wit, gangs we apart of or wh we claim to be our family. We need to care about our community as whole and not just those who surround us. New York is 2nd to Detroit in murder rates, but New York is a much bigger city, about twice the size of Detroit. That means the rates are extremely diproportionate. We need to do somethin. What do u think the solution is? Get back at me with some real feedback and not some fuckin generic thug rapper answer. ~1~

distilled 09-29-04 08:19 PM

how much money you got from making all these threads???

Plus they should be in Lyricist Lounge really

J Summers 09-29-04 08:20 PM

Agreed... it does need to be stopped but the problem is so massive there isnt a central point to attempt to solve this is because people are gettin murdered for numerious reasons whether its money, drugs, turf, hip hop, just plain dont like the person and then people get a look at my hometown and feel detroit is just straight ghetto thuggin when tha d is a very cultural place there may be hardships growing up there but i havent taken somthin from my city that is gonna make me a person better off without it... whether its expierencing the violence of this city first hand or seeing happen to people close to you... what dosnt kill you makes you stronger

~Luciano~ 09-30-04 05:30 PM

im from the southwest side of detroit so im used 2 hearin about it
but ya our city needs 2 come 2gether man
we killin off 2 much young talent

Ysdat 09-30-04 05:43 PM

if there is a easy soulution you can garentee the leader's of the nation will turn a blind eye to it. Somthing does need to be done about the murder rate of youth's. But it isnt just in america. All over the world people are being murdered 75% more than 50 year's ago. New zealand for instance has the highest rate of under 10yr old children murdered.Obviously somthing need's to be done. But it is a matter of what.Most who are killing are doing it because it is them or the next person. So as soon as there is a threat they get rid of it(murder them). So I have no clue on what the solution is. But nothing's gonna change for a while because the goverment are so hooked up on the election. Then whoever get's elected has the middle east on there hand's. So this issue is most proberly not at the top of any1's list . Even if it should be............pz

YuNG TiLT 09-30-04 05:49 PM

^^^i agree, all over tha world young ones are losing their lives before they can live it. Most of the people on this site are between that ages of 13-21 probably and we are fortunate to live our lives, while other can't.
totally agree wit this thread, but it should be in lyricist lounge

ĶŏŐbŐŏ 10-01-04 05:11 AM

fkn strait up.... sum of the guyz on dis site are yunger than 12...

dflow 10-01-04 12:57 PM

yo ne one wanna battle me do it
some one on one shit
word

selah david 10-01-04 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ĶŏŐbŐŏ
fkn strait up.... sum of the guyz on dis site are yunger than 12...

Damn, fo real? That is messed up!!! Young asses!!

KoObOo 10-02-04 04:15 AM

yea dude i know a guy here that is 10 but he told me not to tell who he was so im not..... :D

Reverse 10-03-04 06:18 AM

^^ damn 10... yea shits fukd up.. need ta work on detroit... but thats tru wat dont kill u will make u stronger