RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Punchline League (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=358)
-   -   Championship Match: 1. Apotropaic vs. 2. Vaskez (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=213878)

Magic5 11-07-05 08:41 PM

Championship Match: 1. Apotropaic vs. 2. Vaskez

2 Lines

Check Ins due Wednesday
Verses due Friday

(All due dates are eastern time)

Read the Rules if you are unsure about them

Vaskez 11-08-05 08:22 AM

in this like it was a bitch

let's make this dope, aight?

Apotropaic 11-09-05 05:02 PM

checking in....

Vaskez 11-11-05 10:07 PM

This bitch won't be standin tall later, my punches make holes like a crater
I'm leavin Apo'llo on the ground lookin worse than a space mission failure

Apotropaic 11-12-05 03:03 AM

man im sorry about this. i had to do something tonight. do you mind if i still drop? ill type something up right now and if you want to dq me then you can, but ill post something up just in case you want to let it pass.

Apotropaic 11-12-05 03:09 AM

done nothing, the majority of Vas tells him to stop boasting
.........while the Vas majority just wants Vas to stop posting

Vaskez 11-12-05 08:53 AM

lol I don't mind that you still dropped, but saying you had something to do on fri night is a stupid excuse when you had a whole week to post

let's get some votes

noname 11-12-05 09:58 AM

Damn..this was a good battle..
But...

v/Apotropaic.

DaTrusHurtz 11-12-05 11:08 AM

Decent battle right here...

Vaskez, yours was a good concept, but you know how I feel about threat punches. Apo, yours was really simple, but the interesting thing is, I've read a lot of battles with Vaskez and never seen the concept you used. It hit, but I thought it was too simple to really give the "ohh factor". Tough call here, but I thought Vaskez's was a little more witty and that he got this.

Vote - Vaskez

DoContinue 11-12-05 11:49 AM

well, i really liked them both... and since it was so close, i'll have some sort of explanation. that apollo line was really creative, i didnt expect somethin like that... it was nice. the wordplay affected my but it didnt make me chuckle or anything. Apo's on the other had, was funny. I liked the actual wordplay wordplay... you feel me? i liked the twist on vas majority... that was funny to me. Very original from both but i feel Apo took this one.
V/ Apot

Typical 11-12-05 12:14 PM

v/ apot
the nicest vas namplay yet

MurDah 11-12-05 12:34 PM

vas: concept was good delivery wasnt that great
apo: ya concept was simple, and hit was proper...

but i think vas just edge this battle thou.....

even thou vas stay hate'in on me,
im still a fair voter so.....

Rile1 11-12-05 07:55 PM

great ass battle. Vas I loved ur idea but then the thing was it didnt hit too hard all it said u were leaving him on the ground. Apo ur style of punch I have seen many times but this was executed different by saying something in the setup, which I liked, it was original and hit harder as well.

V/ Apotropaic for hitting harder and a bit more creative IMO

Theory 11-13-05 12:13 AM

I think apo would have won if he worded his bar better, =/, so I have to give my vote to vaskez, his was better cuz of apo's wording,

v/vaskez

King Solo 11-13-05 12:31 PM

Vaskez......I never really have been that fond of threat punches, but the nameplay was nice and original, had a little multi going on and the punch hit well.

Apo......real nice punch, the way you played his name like that was dope and even though the wording could've been better, i felt your punch hit good. It reminds me of the way shake-spear used to deliver some of his punches.

V/ - Apotropaic......overall better punch.