RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-05, 06:17 PM   #1
Magic5

Rules and Information

IP: 6EB9 28C9

The Punchline League

The Battles

All of the battles will be set up every Sunday night or Monday morning. You must check in by midnight on Wednesday (eastern time) or the battle will be closed and it will count as a loss on your record. After both competitors check in, both verses will be due on midnight Friday (eastern time). All of the verses, every week, will be 2 lines. The person with the best punch, as decided by the other competitors in the league, will get the win on their record.

Every week there will also be a 'Championship' and 'Contendership' battle. The Championship battle will be between the top two competitors in the rankings. The Contendership battle will be between the third and fourth people in the rankings. To get a Championship match, you must win the Contendership match. The whole purpose of this league is to reach the Championship match and defend it as many week as possible. Every battle in the Championship match will be docuemented in the "History of the Championship Match" forum.

Voting

Every week, every person competing in the league is required to vote on a minimum of 4 battles. To make sure that you do this, I am requiring everybody in the league to post the links you voted on in an additional post. If you fail to do so you will lose 1 vote for each link, and an additional vote if you don't post any links.

^ Following up on that rule, if anybody decides to vote on no show battles to use as links, you will lose 2 votes for every time you do it. Even if you aren't using them as links, everybody already knows who wins a battle if one person no shows, so you will still lose 2 votes from your overall vote tally in your battle.

Also, if you don't want specific people to vote on your battle, you are allowed to stop their vote from counting. To do this you must state in your check in that you don't want them to vote. If you do not state that in your check in, there vote is fair game in the battle.

On a bigger scale, if you don't want 'crew votes' in your battle (both yours and theirs) you must state that in your check in. Once again, if you do not state you don't want crew votes in your check in, everybody in both of your crews can vote on the battle.

The Ranking System

When you sign up you will start out with a 0-0 record. Your record changes after each of your battles, based on whether or not you win or lose. You get moved up and down the ranking based on the results of your previous battles. It's an easy concept to understand; If you win, you move up, If you lose, you go down. If there is a draw at the end of voting, I will vote for who I thought won and the win go to that person, and the loss will go to the other.

Also, there is a certain circumstance where nobody will be ranked at all. When this happens don't think that it is me making a mistake, because it's not. Nobody can be ranked when there is no Champion. There needs to be somebody ranked #1 for everybody else to be ranked too. So, if somebody wins the Championship battle and decides to sign out that week without trying to defend it, the following week nobody will be ranked. So basically, only a homo would sign out the week that they win the Championship battle, but considering it will happen, nobody will end up being ranked the following week.

Three Way Battles

I don't like to set up three way battles, but when there is an odd number of people signed in, I have to. In a three way battle the top 2 people in votes will get the win. Only one person out of the three will take the loss. Resultingly, I need all of the voters to vote as follows;

..to separate the competitors and allow me to give the win to the two people with the most first and second place votes.

Recyling

After I few complaints, I have decided to disallow recycling. For those who don't know, recycling is when you post up the same lines that you've used in other battles (whether it be on this site, or on another one). If you are caught recycling you can be disqualified at your opponent's request.

Personals In A Battle

It has become evident that some of you are into pulling bitch moves to win. So, now, if your opponent uses a punch about your sig, custom title, name, profile, etc. and you change whatever you had to something else to make it so there punch doesn't make sense, your opponent has the option of having you disqualified and given the loss. If your opponent does pull something like this, pm me and I can close the thread.

Swaying Votes

After both, you and your opponent, post your verses, DO NOT say that theirs was not good, that it's "fake," that it's played, that your's is better, or anything else resembling that. The voters will decide who's they think is better. You will not sway their opinions towards your direction. If you do decide to comment on your opponents in a negative way, or bring more positive direction to yours (e.g. mine was way doper, etc.) then at your opponent's request.. you will be disqualified from your battle and given the loss. Don't misinterpret what I'm trying to say, though. If a voter said he doesn't think your's make sense, then sure, do your best to explain. But, if you say "it is clearly doper then theirs" you are leaving yourself open to be disqualified. If your opponet sways and you wish to have them disqualified, pm me and I will close the battle.

No Showing

If you don't check into your battle on time, or post a verse on time, your opponent can disqualify you from the battle. If they agree to give you an extension, you can post on Saturday (at the latest). However, if you either don't ask for an extension, or your opponent chooses to disqualify you, you will be given a loss on your record. If you check in but do not post a verse, you will still remain signed into the league. You will only be signed out if you don't check in or post.

Signing In/Out

When you sign in to the league on your first time you will have a 0-0 record. Also, when you choose to reset your record, you start out again with a 0-0 record. There are no requirements to sign up for this league. Anybody, with any number of posts, wins, etc. can sign up to battle. To sign up go to the Front Office and state whether you will start with a 0-0 record or the last updated record you had in the league before you signed out.

One possibility you have is to sign back in where you left off. Instead of resetting your record, you can sign in with the same record you had when you signed out. To do this go to the Front Office and in the Sign Ups thread state that you want to continue where you left off, and the record that you had when you signed out. I will check to verify that you are telling the truth, so don't be a queer and lie about it or I will have you banned from this league.

There are two ways to sign out. One way is to go the thread in Front Office entitled 'Sign Outs' and state that you need a break. The other way is to not post at all in your battle and look like a total homo (which will also put an automatic loss on your record). Either way, you won't have a battle the following week.

Last edited by Mimesis : 12-04-05 at 08:50 PM.