Thread: valor vs Empire
View Single Post
Old 11-29-04, 11:36 PM   #21
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP:

Voted For: Empire

damn... i gotta give it to my arrogant, cocky, but still a kool muhfukka as far as i'm concerned homie Empire on this one....lol...j/p man... don't start a hate thread on me :thumb up: shit... i hope i did that right.... any ways... the emotion in this piece was of the heezy!!! everything flowed so well from one line to the next... i liked the free-verse style chosen for this... no need for a rhyme scheme when shyt gets as passionate as this one was... the use of the colors to signify the water, and burning desires, and the black for the thunder/lightening was a nice touch... whoever woulda thought empire was a softie?....lol

Valor... good verse... but... i think you tried too hard by forcing ya lines to rhyme... it's not necessary in all poetry pieces... the topic is strong enough to do with out it... not saying that it can't be done with rhyme; i just felt that you didn't bring it together tight enough... some lines started off really well and then faltered with the false need to rhyme every line.... i believe that was ya only flaw... everything else looked pretty good to me... but that's just my opinion... no hate... i just thought E had a better drop this time around
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix