View Single Post
Old 03-04-05, 10:27 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Typing as I listen: Loop points on the beat in the intro are obvious as hell. It's pulled from a sample that comes as 2 bars and it was looped from there. The fact thta I can detect that is definitely a bad thing. Shoulda zoomed in and patched that one. Beat is dope. I can't make out JACK SHIT you said on the intro (that ended up being your chorus) Muffled as shit. Coulda opened it up better with some EQing. First 4 bars were off flow. Some came back on, then off again on the back half. Damn, way off. The lyrics and emotion was there, but the flow was way off. You had a completely different pace than the beat which brought this down bigtime.

The audio quality on the portions that you spoke on are all different. The chorus is different from the verse and the verse is different from the convo at the end. It almost sounds liek you recorded this on three different mics. All in all a "pretty good" track that needed more to be a "great" track. As a battler, if this track were aimed at me personally, there's a shitload of things in this track I'd seek and destroy. Uno.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote