View Single Post
Old 01-16-06, 12:43 PM   #69
Immense

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Bear with me, because this is mostly thought-provoking questions for people to respond to.

OK. First of all, if God is an omniscient, perfect, completely content, divine, eternal being... Why would he create a universe? Hes eternal, its not like he could be bored or something, because time to him isnt like time is for us. There is absolutely no reason why God would create anything, because he is fulfilled.

But if we ignore that, the question arises... Why did God create us the way he did? And if a human creates something, does that mean God created that thing? If God created the Universe and the Universe created humans, to what degree can we say that God created humans.. And if God created humans and humans practice evil, does that mean that God created evil?

You might say he gave us free will and free will means some people will practice evil, but that is opposed by the real point of this thread:

If God is eternal, he knows the past, present and future. And if God is omnipotent he knows everything. So why would God create the universe and humans, if he knew that we would disobey him, hurt him, kill his son, suffer, and practice evil? Its like by creating us, he is making us suffer?

Do you think God is evil for doing that? That was the result of free will. But if God created us as puppets without free will, is that more evil than creating us to suffer?

what if there is no god?

I Promise Alot...But I Deliver Alot More...

...Topicals...

SPEKTIKUL GFX