View Single Post
Old 03-03-06, 01:41 AM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
OMB...What you're saying is a bit arrogant and pompous. Your co-worker's faith is acceptable only because YOU approve? Dawg, come on. Furthermore, "you people" meant RV members and their constant "Screw Christianity" threads. (Not saying you're saying SCREW it).

I'm also educated and studied biology. I am under NO obligation (as Gdeuce said) to validate my belief to you. I will say this, however. I have reconciled the seemingly "conflicting" views of science and the bible's account of creation. There is no contradiction in me. If you are genuine and not trying to discredit Christianity, why not make a thread called, "Why do you believe in Jesus?" Otherwise, this thread comes off as more anti-Christian propoganda, which you are certainly free to disseminate.

ONE MORE THING. I don't have a degree in theology, but have read the bible many times and studied it. I have been in or around church all of my life. So, you have to know that being "good" is not acceptable in the christian view to guarantee "salvation". You have simply chosen to reject it.

That was just an example, that biology guy. Im not saying I have to approve of your faith for you to be a valid christian or something. What im saying is the reasons he believe are understandable to me. But if I were to ask every christian why they believe, about 95% of answers would be stupid. Some people are "christians" because they grew up in a christian family. They go to church, but they dont understand anything. They probably havent accepted christ as their salvation, and they probably have never repented for their sins. They are the christians I hate. They are not committed to it and never really think about what it means to be christian. I say the same things to them that I said in this thread, and they just disagree... without even giving me a reason.

Your reasons probably are alright. I dont know a lot about them, but judging by the way you had an epiphany of sorts and came to a realisation, it must have been something decent.

In no way am I saying that I for some reason, am some superior bastard. I WISH I could bring myself to truly believe in any religion, especially christianity. But I just cant. I would be lying to myself if I said I believed it... I have no right to tell people what to do, or to judge people. But I do have the right to feel annoyed by certain peoples actions. And it urks me to see people blindly follow something illogical, without solid reason. When I call christianity illogical, it isnt demeaning. Love is illogical... you do stupid things when youre in love. But im glad that I have experienced love, even though it brings out irrational behaviour. So just because something is illogical, doesnt mean its bad... But there has to be a reason for me to do it in the first place. And a good enough reason for me to want to be christian hasnt arisen yet.

I do understand that just being good and doing good deeds isnt enough to save you. But is it not true that if you do believe you are saved by jesus, you should be doing those good deeds anyway?