RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-06, 06:15 PM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Why I don't like 95% of christians.

IP:

Well, first of all, there is the matter of the impenetrable web of excuses and beliefs that makes absolutely no sense at all.

For example, the way Christians perceive prayer. You talk to nothing, or think something to yourself and God hears it. If you pray that a friend of yours recovers from being sick, and he does, then it’s a miracle. If you pray for him to recover and he dies, then it was a good thing, because god helped him by bringing him “to a better place.”

And I can’t stand those people who say, “It makes sense that God exists. How could he not exist? Look at the universe. It doesn’t make sense to say that God doesn’t exist.”

Everybody goes there when I question their beliefs. Well let me tell you what I THINK doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t make sense that you believe in an invisible MAN (yes man. The Christian god is a “he”) that is all loving and all merciful with infinite grace. Last time I checked, condemning somebody to eternal damnation, pain, and suffering for questioning your existence using the intelligence you gave them is NOT merciful, or loving and is nowhere near graceful.

Also, if you believe:
-He impregnated a 13-year-old virgin girl.
-In the ritual of blood atonement, killing something pure so you can get rid of your impurities (i.e. Jesus)
-Believing in such a God makes you righteous, despite the atrocities or evils you may have committed.
-Believing in God makes you a better person than everyone else

Then you are really not thinking logically. I think its pretty stupid to blindly believe something you were told. I was a Christian when I was younger, but I grew out of it. As soon as I was smart enough to think philosophically, I questioned the very nature of religion and stopped calling myself a Christian. Its just not smart to believe in something irrational. What kind of sick God would create a race with enough intelligence to question his existence and then give us no proof of his existence (don’t say the bible. I mean direct proof). What does he expect us to do? Of course some people wont believe. If that’s the case, then the Christian god is nothing but a kid with a magnifying glass.

Im not saying there is absolutely no spiritual side to life. Im saying all forms of Christianity and belief in the Christian God do not appeal to me in any way.

Please, christians, argue with me... Give me a reason to believe. And dont say some shit like "Well you can believe what you want. But just know that judgement day will come and then you'll be punished. Christianity isnt about facts, you idiot, its about faith." Faith = blind belief.
Old 03-02-06, 07:25 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Why are you people bent on attempting to discredit anything involving Christianity? I find it funny that Christians are always more persecuted that other religions, including secular Humanism. Dawg, no disrespect, but no dedicated Christian cares that you "don't like" them. Christians in the past have been crucified, burned alive, skinned, hanged, and tortured for professing their faith. Ya'lls little hang ups don't change the fact that we all will reap what we sow.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 03-02-06 at 08:28 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 07:28 PM   #3
The Jett
Im Short.Ur Fat.He's Gay.

IP:

Don't worry... I don't like blacks jews or mexicans
Send a message via AIM to The Jett Send a message via MSN to The Jett   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 07:40 PM   #4
G Deuce
Artist, that simple

IP:

One thing that you fail to realize is that its not our position to argue with you about our belief, because you have proven by the time spent on the thread that no matter what we say, your mind wont be changed. For centuries WE gave you (the world) multiple reasons to believe, actually, we gave you all the reasons to believe in Christanity. But, when it comes down to it, it is your choice, but i'm not going to say that your going to be condemned for eternity, because its not my place to state where your future lies. Its a choice, choose it or not, it makes me no difference. Just realize that the only person that your convincing about things concerning our religion not making any sense is yourself. Instead of being so logical about everything, just relax and actually listen to the world and whats happening to it and what has happened. Why do we have a world? WHy are we alive? Etc. When you think about it, anything beyond our comprihension doesn't make sence. I could go on and on with questions that we dont have answers to. But when it comes to MY religion, everything is perfectly clear whether you understand or not. When you build a relationship with the so called "invisible man" that you speak of, then you will began to understand. But the things that float at the bottom of the sea are always unclear until you take the chance to dive into the unknown.
Old 03-02-06, 08:35 PM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Q: Im not bent on discrediting it. Its the largest religion in the world. And I would completely rip into a secular humanist, if I ever came across one... but I never have.

And what do you mean by "you people"? Thats just the kind of thing im talking about. Thinking you are superior, and dont say you dont, because its obvious you do. I dont know the nature of your faith, nor do I know much about your personality so this possibly might not even be directed at you. If there is a SOLID reason you are a christian, and you truly attempt to uphold the teachings of jesus then I dont have aything wrong with you. Notice it says 95% in the title. The majority of christians are straight up sheep. Believing something illogical, for no reason at all and not even acting like a christian.

But then there are the other 5%... The perfect example of this is a biology teacher at where I work. Hes a dope guy... real laid back, loves nature, enjoys his life. Ive had a lot of good conversations with him about religion and his faith... He is a christian. He explained to me his reasons for believing in Jesus, and they were sound. He is an educated guy who conciously and with much thought made his decision. I have nothing against that. What I hate is when people are dumbasses, dont even think about anything and believe what theyre told blindly.

G deuce: Ive got a preliminary degree in theology... Ive studied the bible, I used to be a christian. I've "been to the bottom of the ocean" to use your analogy. And I made my choice not to be a christian. I am, however, a spiritual guy.. There are other answers to those questions besides the ones offered in religion.

anyway I gotta go now. ill probably write more later.
Old 03-02-06, 08:40 PM   #6
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

IP:

Yea.
These fucking priest at my church keep saying it's all about fucking faith.
I know there's more to it than just that.

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 08:40 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

OMB...What you're saying is a bit arrogant and pompous. Your co-worker's faith is acceptable only because YOU approve? Dawg, come on. Furthermore, "you people" meant RV members and their constant "Screw Christianity" threads. (Not saying you're saying SCREW it).

I'm also educated and studied biology. I am under NO obligation (as Gdeuce said) to validate my belief to you. I will say this, however. I have reconciled the seemingly "conflicting" views of science and the bible's account of creation. There is no contradiction in me. If you are genuine and not trying to discredit Christianity, why not make a thread called, "Why do you believe in Jesus?" Otherwise, this thread comes off as more anti-Christian propoganda, which you are certainly free to disseminate.

ONE MORE THING. I don't have a degree in theology, but have read the bible many times and studied it. I have been in or around church all of my life. So, you have to know that being "good" is not acceptable in the christian view to guarantee "salvation". You have simply chosen to reject it.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 01:41 AM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
OMB...What you're saying is a bit arrogant and pompous. Your co-worker's faith is acceptable only because YOU approve? Dawg, come on. Furthermore, "you people" meant RV members and their constant "Screw Christianity" threads. (Not saying you're saying SCREW it).

I'm also educated and studied biology. I am under NO obligation (as Gdeuce said) to validate my belief to you. I will say this, however. I have reconciled the seemingly "conflicting" views of science and the bible's account of creation. There is no contradiction in me. If you are genuine and not trying to discredit Christianity, why not make a thread called, "Why do you believe in Jesus?" Otherwise, this thread comes off as more anti-Christian propoganda, which you are certainly free to disseminate.

ONE MORE THING. I don't have a degree in theology, but have read the bible many times and studied it. I have been in or around church all of my life. So, you have to know that being "good" is not acceptable in the christian view to guarantee "salvation". You have simply chosen to reject it.

That was just an example, that biology guy. Im not saying I have to approve of your faith for you to be a valid christian or something. What im saying is the reasons he believe are understandable to me. But if I were to ask every christian why they believe, about 95% of answers would be stupid. Some people are "christians" because they grew up in a christian family. They go to church, but they dont understand anything. They probably havent accepted christ as their salvation, and they probably have never repented for their sins. They are the christians I hate. They are not committed to it and never really think about what it means to be christian. I say the same things to them that I said in this thread, and they just disagree... without even giving me a reason.

Your reasons probably are alright. I dont know a lot about them, but judging by the way you had an epiphany of sorts and came to a realisation, it must have been something decent.

In no way am I saying that I for some reason, am some superior bastard. I WISH I could bring myself to truly believe in any religion, especially christianity. But I just cant. I would be lying to myself if I said I believed it... I have no right to tell people what to do, or to judge people. But I do have the right to feel annoyed by certain peoples actions. And it urks me to see people blindly follow something illogical, without solid reason. When I call christianity illogical, it isnt demeaning. Love is illogical... you do stupid things when youre in love. But im glad that I have experienced love, even though it brings out irrational behaviour. So just because something is illogical, doesnt mean its bad... But there has to be a reason for me to do it in the first place. And a good enough reason for me to want to be christian hasnt arisen yet.

I do understand that just being good and doing good deeds isnt enough to save you. But is it not true that if you do believe you are saved by jesus, you should be doing those good deeds anyway?
Old 03-03-06, 06:19 PM   #9
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

IP:

OMB........ you need Jesus........

case and point

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 07:16 PM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoBronsky
OMB........ you need Jesus........

case and point

Thats exactly the kind of thing im talking about.

I need jesus... For what exactly, and why?
Old 03-03-06, 07:27 PM   #11
Germ
in your system

IP:

i was raised christian, basically in a christina community...my experiences is that belief is there to help you cope with life. i've read most of the bible, and can relate to alot of stories, but i don't put my full belief in christianity mainly because i found my own ways of dealing with life....not to knock on christianity, its a good thing to people who seek salvation within themselves, but just doesn't work for some people.

some good stuff in here.

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 07:42 PM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingspan
i was raised christian, basically in a christina community...my experiences is that belief is there to help you cope with life. i've read most of the bible, and can relate to alot of stories, but i don't put my full belief in christianity mainly because i found my own ways of dealing with life....not to knock on christianity, its a good thing to people who seek salvation within themselves, but just doesn't work for some people.

some good stuff in here.

Thats very true. Some people just use religion as a scapegoat, God as someone to blame and shit.
Old 03-03-06, 07:33 PM   #13
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

IP:

To think that one man created us and gave us light and everythin else he supposedly did...I cant honestly take that seriously...S'all a bunch of bullshit to me, and I openly co-sign the fuck christian statment from Terumoto

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 07:41 PM   #14
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
To think that one man created us and gave us light and everythin else he supposedly did...I cant honestly take that seriously...S'all a bunch of bullshit to me, and I openly co-sign the fuck christian statment from Terumoto

Genesis could be a metaphor you know. 7 God days could be a billion years in our time... Creating the birds and the fish and the trees could have taken millions of years through evolution. Just because the bible sounds stupid when taken literally, its not a good enough reason not to believe. You probably have others though, so I dunno.
Old 03-03-06, 07:43 PM   #15
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

IP:

Animals just evolved from dinosausrs?

I dunno, man...Hate to think about shit like this, but If I had to have an opinnon on the matter, I'd say I'm all for the whole evolution theory and against the idea of god, heaven, hell and all that type of shit lol.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote