Thread: Fuckin God no
View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 10:12 AM   #11
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

lmao... y'all need to do some research.... where in da hell would rap be WITHOUT R&B?.... where do you think most of our beats come from?.... how are you gonna shyt on something that hip hop was partially built off of?... i mean really... look at da state of hip-hop... most of THIS shyt don't sound the same to you?... let's be real here for a minute... how many lean with it songs are out there right now?... how many of lil john's songs sound like all he did was change the title?.. how many wanna be thug songs are polluting the airwaves? ... if you got love for hip hop then you should have love for all kinds of music cuz that's where hip hop stems from... that shyt didn't just pop up outta thin air... it was influenced by jazz, rock and roll, country, gospel, and even rock music... get yaself into a music history class cuz obviously you got some shyt twisted... hip hop...REAL hip hop, that is... embraces ALL forms of music whether you wanna hear it or believe it or not

now with that said, R&B = Rhythm and BLUES... what da hell do you think the blues is about? pain and suffering... love... and all the shyt that you said you hated about it... those are the general topics of that genre... the only difference between the blues and R&B is the rhythm part... that's how it got it's name...

now let's get back to hip hop... what do you think the main topics are in hip hop? ...pain and suffering (surving the ghetto, selling drugs, pimping hoes, staying on ya hustle)... life (damn near every rapper claims how tough they had it)... love (for music, money, opposite sex, fame, notoriety, they peoples, the rap game, family, etc)

now with tha broken down like that how can you say that the shyt is completely different?... it is... but at the same time it's not... kats been saying the same shyt the r&b artists been saying for years... everybody got they own story to tell and it's all in how we tell it and the style we use in which to convey it...

let's stop being ignorant and embrace what has helped us to get to the point where we are today... and i don't mean ignorant in a bad way... i mean it in the definitive meaning of the word... truth is... without all these other genres there would be no hip hop... as soon as you learn that the sooner you'll be able to branch out as an artist and become an innovator instead of a follower

peep this quote...

"I betcha can't do it like me..." we all know where that comes from

my answer:

"I betcha I don't WANNA do it like you!"

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote